Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default How much temp drop

Steve,
    can you provide how much temperature drop your team measured on you test vehicle(s)?
    Does BRP have enough parts to all the RTs affected?

Thanks
    Jetmech
    Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi everyone,

The Safety Campaign for the 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT is now underway. If you are the owner of a 2013 Can-Am Spyder RT, regardless of country of operation, then it is subject to the safety recall.

The repair consists of a combination of multiple updates, including but not limited to a reworking of the vehicle's fuel system as well as improved, modified body panels.

BRP has requested that your dealer contact you, and we have also sent a letter to all known registered owners. However, we ask that you do not wait and call your dealer to schedule an appointment for this procedure.

In the meantime, you can keep using your Can-Am Spyder RT while taking the following precautions in hot riding conditions (ambient temperature of approximately 30 C/85 F and more):

• Avoid idling or slow traffic riding for a long period of time.
    • Avoid parking in an enclosed area immediately after your ride; let your vehicle cool down first.
    • Avoid prolonged direct contact with body panels; wear appropriate riding gear as stated in the Operator’s Guide.

For any other questions related to this campaign, please post them here.

Spyder Garage

Default I would like this look on my 2014 RT-S

I would prefer this to the funky clear wind deflectors, even though I dont need it on my '14.

Can you say FARKLE??
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Get the chrome ones!

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Larry rt,
    If you're referring to the BRP Fixed upper wind deflector or BRP Adjustable side wind deflector, you will be credited for the current retail price of these items after they are removed and the recall has been performed on your Spyder. Your dealer will manage reimbursements for these items for use as credit for parts, accessories or maintenance services.
    I have already spent the money to add the Vertika vents to my RTS SE5. It does keep the Spyder cooler while riding at highway speeds, but does nothing for slow speed in hot weather. What else is being done to address the issue, such as a reversing fan? Are the vents going to be painted to match the Spyder's color?
    2013 RTS SE5
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700

Spyder Garage

Glad to see the party is up and running, and before the time that a few predicted.

A lot of logistics involved, and it seems that the public will have its part in educating some of the dealers to make the project run smooth.

Thank you for fielding several questions that were asked by specific owners concerning the recall.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ...Get the chrome ones!
    Agree Bob,this is what we have ,& do not want to loose them, in this mod. way to hot in TN. without!

Spyder Garage

...Get the chrome ones!

bob where did you get the chrome vent covers at
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Have we lost contact with Steve from BRP?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    That's just an OEM Accessory piece, that you can get right from your dealer...
    The Part Number is: 219400413

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    They are a standard upgrade from BRP. They are the adjustable vents. You can get them in a clearish plastic or Chrome.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default : 2013 RT Elevated Temperature in Engine Compartment - Safety Campaign

what is going to keep the heat from getting my right foot,leg and thigh area? will the values of the Spyders return to what they should be?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What should it be?
    The market decides that...

Spyder Garage

Default questions

Hello Steve, thank you for your information on the 2013 Spyder RT's. Question; is there any loyalty rebate on trading our 2013 RT Limited on a 2015 RT Limited?
    Also would there be any consideration on what we had done on our part to help with the heat issue; (wrap the pipes & adding insulation). Thanks in advance for your reply.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jetmech View Post
    Does BRP have enough parts to all the RTs affected?
    Hi jetmech,

Yes, as mentioned earlier the required parts are already available and will be shipping to dealers upon request.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Default : 2013 RT Elevated Temperature in Engine Compartment - Safety Campaign

I think they need some type of block off for the rt. side and a vent on the bottom of the Spyder, I understand that the market has the 2013 depreciated much lower than they should be because of the problems, the dealers will not make a good deal if you are trading a 2013 RT in for a newer model.

Spyder Garage

Default There you have it..

Now the final phase..Joe public..!! I think those that hung in there will be pleased...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daviszoo1 View Post
    Also would there be any consideration on what we had done on our part to help with the heat issue; (wrap the pipes & adding insulation). Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Hi daviszoo1,

Yes. Please keep all receipts related to any work performed on your Spyder RT done with the intent of addressing high levels of heat in the engine compartment. When you visit your dealer to have the recall work performed, your dealer will notify us and be made aware of the procedure to follow, if any, to have this addressed. Note that only modifications performed with the specific intent of addressing high levels of heat in the engine compartment will be considered for compensation.
    Last edited by BRPcare; 05-26-2015 at 02:47 PM. Reason: clarification of wording, formatting
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Default Can you give some examples or will it be on a case by case basis?

Hi daviszoo1,

Yes. Please keep all receipts related to any work performed on your Spyder RT done with the intent of addressing high levels of heat in the engine compartment. When you visit your dealer to have the recall work performed, your dealer will notify us and be made aware of the procedure to follow, if any, to have this addressed. Note that only modifications performed with the specific intent of addressing high levels of heat in the engine compartment will be considered for compensation.
    Examples:

Wrapping pipes
    cat-bypass
    heat coating
    virtika scoops
    additional heat shielding

Does this include labor?

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Post them in hers... Somebody will find a good use for them!
    yes, please do.
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Catherine Aird

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Same here. The full instructions will be in the repair kits. A copy will get posted here soon enough. I will if we are the first to see them. Appointment scheduled for next week, parts are due in by June 2.
    And here you go.... That did not take long

Robmorg got it somehow.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...all-WB-2013-10

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Steve, for keeping egg off my facing and posting during the month of May. Secondly, it looks like even though BRP has kept its word, there are those who still choose to grumble.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here about the scoops as I have had my Spyder apart many times and looked at this area for a DIY.

The stock openings these vents feed is paneled off inside to the full internal engine area (they seem to be there to let heat from the radiator go up and out when your not moving).

My bet is just adding the scoops is not all they are doing. I think there is also going to be panel mods inside to direct the air from these scoops the back of the engine area.

Steve, care to elaborate? We are curious

Bob
    As I suspected! Per the PDF just posted the acoustic panels are being tossed! So to make the scoops do the job they are changing how the air flows internally!

Also looks like a complete redo of the Evap system!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

that sure looks like a lot of work for the 4 hrs. steve said it might take to do
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Will be interesting to see what people think of the noise levels with the acoustic panels removed. They are not being replaced with anything.

I might try it on my 2011 RTS. Removing these will give more air from the top vents to the back of the engine compartment!

Might help some other year models that complain of heat at the seat. I don't have an issue but might just try it anyway.

The scoops are cool.... I want a set

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Can you share elevated temp reduction data?

Thanks Steve, I spoke to my dealer service department today. They said they would order the parts for the fix. Can you please share data on how much temperature decrease BRP realized with these fixes, at low a d high speed and at what ambient temperatures the fixes were tested at please?
    Hi jetmech,

Yes, as mentioned earlier the required parts are already available and will be shipping to dealers upon request.