Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Steve can you give more information in layman's terms what reworking the vehicle's fuel system means?
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I could see that this scoop might even help the earlier years that have heat issues as well. A fix that looks good, Well Done!
    Last edited by stevedfive; 05-26-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, BRP, I know many people have been waiting for this.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I could see that this scoop might even help the earlier years that have heat issues as well. A fix that looks good, Well Done!
    +100 Steve!

Hoping BRP will eventually make these as orderable parts. Problem might be matching the paint of older models.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

i basically did the same thing and sorry to say i don't really think it helped. sorry to be the downer on this but i say it like i see it. the heat coming out on my feet was still too much for me to handle so i sold the bike. now let me say that the heat doesn't bother the new owner as much as it did me. i do hope the multiple updates Steve talks about helps also.

Attached Images Attached Images
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Question

This appears to be where the adjustable air vents are mounted! Is BRP going to refund the money I paid for them? It a pears that I can no longer use them.
    I am glad they came up with a solution, so I was wondering what I will do with these vents I invested in?
    Please correct me if I am wrong.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i basically did the same thing and sorry to say i don't really think it helped. sorry to be the downer on this but i say it like i see it. the heat coming out on my feet was still too much for me to handle so i sold the bike. now let me say that the heat doesn't bother the new owner as much as it did me. i do hope the multiple updates Steve talks about helps also.
    I am going to go out on a limb here about the scoops as I have had my Spyder apart many times and looked at this area for a DIY.

The stock openings these vents feed is paneled off inside to the full internal engine area (they seem to be there to let heat from the radiator go up and out when your not moving).

My bet is just adding the scoops is not all they are doing. I think there is also going to be panel mods inside to direct the air from these scoops the back of the engine area.

Steve, care to elaborate? We are curious

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larry rt View Post
    This appears to be where the adjustable air vents are mounted! Is BRP going to refund the money I paid for them? It a pears that I can no longer use them.
    I am glad they came up with a solution, so I was wondering what I will do with these vents I invested in?
    Yes it looks like you will be losing the adjustable vents! Time for a aftermarket setup I think

Or figure out a way to mount the ones you have. Probably would not be hard.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larry rt View Post
    Hi Larry rt,
    If you're referring to the BRP Fixed upper wind deflector or BRP Adjustable side wind deflector, you will be credited for the current retail price of these items after they are removed and the recall has been performed on your Spyder. Your dealer will manage reimbursements for these items for use as credit for parts, accessories or maintenance services.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Post them in hers... Somebody will find a good use for them!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here about the scoops as I have had my Spyder apart many times and looked at this area for a DIY.

The stock openings these vents feed is paneled off inside to the full internal engine area (they seem to be there to let heat from the radiator go up and out when your not moving).

My bet is just adding the scoops is not all they are doing. I think there is also going to be panel mods inside to direct the air from these scoops the back of the engine area.

Steve, care to elaborate? We are curious

Bob
    like i said, i hope it does work for the others having it done. i also did the bottom air vents but i still had hot air from the radiator blowing on my feet. i would of bet my bottom dollar that BRP would of tried to put a reversing fan motor on the radiator like the 14's, because that really worked wonders .
    Last edited by cuznjohn; 05-26-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi Larry rt,
    If you're referring to the BRP Fixed upper wind deflector or BRP Adjustable side wind deflector, you will be credited for the current retail price of these items after they are removed and the recall has been performed on your Spyder. Your dealer will manage reimbursements for these items for use as credit for parts, accessories or maintenance services.
    That's pretty darn cool right there BRP!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    like i said, i hope it does work for the others having it done. i also did the bottom air vents but i still had hot air from the radiator blowing on my feet. i would of bet my bottom dollar that BRP would of tried to put a reversing fan motor on the radiator like the 14's, because that really worked wonders .
    Someone on Facebook said they were a "tester" for this fix and in fact that they added the reverse fan.

Now realize one person saying this doesn't mean anything (it's the internet ) and even as a tester, that does not mean this was the final setup chosen by BRP.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

here is the bottom vent i put on the bike

Attached Images Attached Images
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Hey Gang,

Before we start down the rabbit hole of bad things, let's remember that Steve posted that the fix included, but not limited to reworking fuel components and body panels. So I am going to assume they maybe including the reverse fan that is discussed along with a few other components here and there. They did say this was a pretty big fix. So Steve can you elaborate more on exactly all of the components for this recall and break it all down for us?

Thanks
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Would be "SWEET" if BRP posted the PDF of the instructions that come with the parts kit!
    Also the BOSS web bulletin.

Please?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Larry rt,
    Thank you Steve for this , are there going to be a new style that will get some air to pilot & passenger , or means to make the adjustable attach to panels, in Tn.these are very importent .

Spyder Garage

Hi barryj,

Required parts for the campaign are currently available and will be shipped to dealers upon request. Get in touch with your dealer to set an appointment.
    Are the scoops part of the new panel or just an add on to the existing panel? Also will these scoops come painted to match existing color? Would be nice if panel was all one piece rather than an add on.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Have the call in to my dealer, and am looking forward to the work being completed . . . I have lots of trips on the calendar for this season.

Thanks for sharing this, Steve . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Steve, thanks for you quick reply! !

Spyder Garage

Would be "SWEET" if BRP posted the PDF of the instructions that come with the parts kit!
    Also the BOSS web bulletin.
    Hi finless,
    While for obvious reasons we can't post that publicly, dealers will obviously share with customers specifically what is being done when the recall update is performed on their vehicle.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Hi finless,
    While for obvious reasons we can't post that publicly, dealers will obviously share with customers specifically what is being done when the recall update is performed on their vehicle.
    Thanks Steve! But not sure what the obvious reasons are?
    It will get out at some point, it always does
    I can wait... I am just a techno nerd that likes to know things
    Thanks for your response!

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks Steve! But not sure what the obvious reasons are?
    It will get out at some point, it always does
    I can wait... I am just a techno nerd that likes to know things
    Thanks for your response!

Bob
    Same here. The full instructions will be in the repair kits. A copy will get posted here soon enough. I will if we are the first to see them. Appointment scheduled for next week, parts are due in by June 2.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

So will the adjustable vents be remounted someway ? In Tn. way to hot without, and do not care for otherones that are in the market.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default No Info from dealer

Just spoke to my dealer. Nothing in BOSSweb that came up for my VIN. 2013 RT-S. Hmmm