Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

i'm sorry people, but does saving fuel really matter that much to you. my millage varies from ride to ride. some days i just enjoy a ride and my millage is up, other days i get a wild hair across mt butt and my millage is way down. i would rather have a little lower millage than have the heat and boiling fuel. sorry for this input but i am really curious about what you think is better
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    How many received your official letter from nhtsa about the fix? And are you aware of why not?
    Letter should come from BRP...

Spyder Garage

How many received your official letter from nhtsa about the fix? And are you aware of why not?
    Are you the original owner? If not, there may be a delay in receiving a letter from BRP.

Look at post #1 here, and notice it states "don't wait":

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...afety-Campaign

This is from the link provided:

"BRP has requested that your dealer contact you, and we have also sent a letter to all known registered owners. However, we ask that you do not wait and call your dealer to schedule an appointment for this procedure."
    Last edited by wyliec; 06-02-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    Letter should come from BRP...
    Yep
    I'm original owner
    All it takes is a phone call to get info.

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi arsquatch,

Regarding the body panel portion of the campaign, you can expect to see something like this:

Wow these look cool. it will definitely get some fresh air to my JT air kit! I'm just wondering how the honey comb intake will filter out the big ole yellow TEXAS grass hoppers! I have an appointment to get mine fixed with my dealer Monday the 8th. Hope these mods will keep from cooking my jewels!!! This machine with the heat and oil leaks remind me of my ole 72 shovel head!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arsquatch View Post
    Honestly this should solve the issues, at least I hope in reading a Yahoo News post the investigation has been closed, so I am sure NTHSA would not close this unless they felt the solution resolved all the outstanding and reported issues.
    Your right they would not close. But before u believe yahoo news...maybe call the source

Spyder Garage

Your right they would not close. But before u believe yahoo news...maybe call the source
    I check in the NHTSA bank of recall and, effectivly, the recall is now closed.

I took a screen shot of the web page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

"And that's the way it was"

​Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My dealer is doing their first 2013RT recall mod today. They have been working on it for most of the day. My wife's RTs is scheduled for June 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by TXSHOTGUN View Post
    Wow these look cool. it will definitely get some fresh air to my JT air kit! I'm just wondering how the honey comb intake will filter out the big ole yellow TEXAS grass hoppers! I have an appointment to get mine fixed with my dealer Monday the 8th. Hope these mods will keep from cooking my jewels!!! This machine with the heat and oil leaks remind me of my ole 72 shovel head!!!

Spyder Garage

????????
    Nope

Spyder Garage

Read your screen shot. The investigation is closed. That's why we got a letter from BRP with the NHTSA logo on the envelope announcing the recall. Wasn't out of the goodness of their heart.
    Last edited by WellsboroSpyder; 06-02-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Just posting a progress report on Louise RT. The recall is done. Mechanic rode it this afternoon and reported no problems. Service manager asked to ride it tomorrow morning for QC check and to compare against other RTs without the recall to get a feel for the changes. We agreed as cannot get there to pick up until Thurs afternoon.

Good new is all software, fuel and evap updates are done, and work with our existing mods just fine (JT air cleaner, primary muffler bypass, radiator discharge revisions and bottom panel removal. At least according to the mechanic the software updates took just fine and the bike started right up and drove just fine after a couple minutes of idle relearn. No errors during the entire process.

Will update again when we get the bike back or if anything changes.

Also our receipts for heat reduction items already done have been submitted and accepted for review by BRP. No decision yet.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I rode up to Motosports, Inc. in Hanover, PA, today, to drop Topper off for the recall. Maryland Spyder Web is going to the Smoke Hole Resort soon, ( http://www.smokehole.com/lodging.htm ) and I'll have a few days of ryding to get a feel for the new changes!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Just posting a progress report on Louise RT. The recall is done. Mechanic rode it this afternoon and reported no problems. Service manager asked to ride it tomorrow morning for QC check and to compare against other RTs without the recall to get a feel for the changes. We agreed as cannot get there to pick up until Thurs afternoon.

Good new is all software, fuel and evap updates are done, and work with our existing mods just fine (JT air cleaner, primary muffler bypass, radiator discharge revisions and bottom panel removal. At least according to the mechanic the software updates took just fine and the bike started right up and drove just fine after a couple minutes of idle relearn. No errors during the entire process.

Will update again when we get the bike back or if anything changes.

Also our receipts for heat reduction items already done have been submitted and accepted for review by BRP. No decision yet.
    This is great news, can not wait to hear your thought's on all the changes . Dealer called to say our parts are in & want it for 24hrs, to ride , then cool down , then take it back out in stop & go to see how all works.That will be there first one & they want to test all phaze's , so fill us in when you can.

Spyder Garage

...or maybe don't use Yahoo News as a credible news source. They do no news reporting on their own. All they do is copy items they find elsewhere on the internet, and they seemingly NEVER check the source. They are notorious for misquoting and fort posting news stories that are just plain false.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT Elevated Temperature in Engine Compartment - Safety Campaign

My dealer called me last week and said they would get in this week for the recall and now the service manager said it will be a few weeks because his tech. is going on vacation and he said I could call another dealer if I wanted it done sooner, he said it would not hurt anything to ride it like it is if I wanted to take a trip. This is Wild West Honda in Katy Texas.

Spyder Garage

The summary investigation closing is posted there as well and is a pretty interesting read as well and to me some what shocking of the results. And it was the AP that reported it. So again I am truly hoping as a 2013 owner this is the fix to end all this all the way around or else They would not be closing the investigation I hope...
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Heat

If someone on here could give me a a good dealer review in the Houston area, I can't put up with with riding with this heat problem. Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I rode up to Motosports, Inc. in Hanover, PA, today, to drop Topper off for the recall. Maryland Spyder Web is going to the Smoke Hole Resort soon, ( http://www.smokehole.com/lodging.htm ) and I'll have a few days of ryding to get a feel for the new changes!

Is there a thread discussing this ride? I live in Elkins, WV and would be interested in possibly ryding along for the day.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
    My dealer called me last week and said they would get in this week for the recall and now the service manager said it will be a few weeks because his tech. is going on vacation and he said I could call another dealer if I wanted it done sooner, he said it would not hurt anything to ride it like it is if I wanted to take a trip. This is Wild West Honda in Katy Texas.
    Take it to Mancuso North location. They finished Louise yesterday and so far things are going well. It sure was nice to have a service writer and mechanic that actually LIKE the Spyder product line and were interested in where this was going.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So; the initial reports are looking good?

We can't wait for the "Full Monty"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Dropped mine off last night, several other Spyders were already there in various stages of the fix

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WVBubba View Post
    Is there a thread discussing this ride? I live in Elkins, WV and would be interested in possibly ryding along for the day.

Thanks.
    WVBubba, there is a description on the MSW web page at Meetup . . . I don't know if non-members can read it, or not, but here is the link. Membership is free, by the way.

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyder...nts/218816274/

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Another update on Louise RT.

Service manager Kevin test rode the bike and he is happy with it. So far his take was the body was not hot and no noticeable fumes after 15 mile ride in traffic at 90 deg. We pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

BRP responded to our request and receipts for reimbursement of the items already done to reduce underhood temps.

They declined to pay for the primary muffler bypass or the JT air cleaner but did agree to pay for the pipe and body insulation materials. Will be issued as a dealer credit. A bit disappointed on that decision but some is better than none I suppose.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame