Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Just to set appropriate expectations, I spoke with a competent dealer who said BRP is paying 3.25 hrs for the recall but the real time to process will be between 5 & 6 hrs.. - certainly at the beginning at least.. they may get better with practice
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    I sleep well. I keep a great outlook on life and enjoy it until a multimillion dollor company blames the customers for issues they created and then are forced by a gov. Agency to fix. But your out look might change if your 2014 blew up with you on it ..or the wheel falls off going down the road.... I was told you have a sweet imag?

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Why do you think the gas milage will go down? Steve never advised this nor is there any technical reason for it to do so. It may even go UP in warmer months from what we have now.

BRP has no real control on how the market will perceive these changes and its effect on resale values, nor do they give resale values to dealers for trade ins.

IF the recall alleviates many of the complaints, the values should stablize somewhere in between 2012 and 2014 values. They already have for the most part. There will ALWAYS bee a big gap between 13 and 14 due to the considerable engineering changes and considerable difference in cost new.

About the best you can hope for is that trade in values for a 2013 will stabilize just above those for 2012 models. Thats really as it should be. The current market shows its about there already. The big hit on the 2013s has already recovered a great deal.

According to some of the techs I spoke to part of the fix was to readjust the fuel mix and most likely the fuel milage will decrease. Looking for verification.....I like the Spyder and plan on keeping it for a while, but also looking to the future......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Since these repairs have just started ... nobody really knows yet; do they?

Spyder Garage

First off I find your crack pipe toon offensive. You don't know me. What I see is a 2013 and a 2014 in a driveway with the comment out with the old in with the woo hoo. I am sorry if your intend of the pix and comment have a different meaning...like I said just an observation.
    Just a reminder that there is an ignore function so if you don"t want to see posts from certain people, the function will block them so you won't see them.

However, I find the banter back and forth entertaining. No need to be so serious. Welcome to life, no one gets out alive...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    According to some of the techs I spoke to part of the fix was to readjust the fuel mix and most likely the fuel milage will decrease. Looking for verification.....I like the Spyder and plan on keeping it for a while, but also looking to the future......
    From a theoretical standpoint, lower gas mileage is a likely possibility. We know that BRP is remapping the fuel injection.
    Since many people were unhappy with the range of the Spyder, BRP may have leaned out the mixture to help increase mileage, thus adding to the heat issue.
    I would anticipate the remap consists of increasing the fuel rate to cool down the engine, but honestly, I'm just speculating.
    Like so many, I don't have a 2013, but lots of my friends do, so I hope the fix works out well.
    The scoops will, however, make the 2013 model year visually apparent, even from a distance. Who knows, that unique feature might even make the Spyder more valuable in years to come.

Once again, I'm disheartened that a thread has turned into a flame war. That's too bad. Some people need to get more of a life.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Wow, this thread is way to tense for me!...[emoji38]
    Yeah, and other than maybe just one short post, YOU weren't even in it up 'till now....
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I have had my Spyder apart many many times. Yes it is a 2011 not a 2013 But I would not worry about water coming in at the scoop area.
    All of the connectors and harnesses in the sides near the scoops are Delphi water proof connectors. I really do not think this will be an issue.
    Prior to the scoops you DO have open vents there anyway. Rain for sure would have also gotten on there.

As for gas mileage. I think it might get better on the highway. The are converting the fuel regulator to a dead head type setup. This means it will be richer when idling but may in fact get leaner at highway speed when plenty of air moving will keep the engine and you cool.
    We will see when people start riding. So if you do a lot of stop and go riding, you may see worse gas mileage. If you do a lot of highway, you may see better. Just my opinion based on the changes I see them doing. As far as the BUDs update and what it does, who knows! But for sure that is being done to work with the fuel regulator changes.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

.... I was told you have a sweet imag?
    I don't know how "sweet" Bob is, but Wyliec said he had a "goody-2-shoes" image that he was trying to shed. Come to think of it, that may be true. I haven't seen "ATGATT" in one of his posts now for at least a good month and a half.

Sorry Bob. Since everyone else is pickin' on you lately, I thought I might as well join in.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Default Hopeful

I hope if there is a decrease in MPG it will be offset by fuel that no longer overflows from the evap canister and fumes that are no longer being inhaled by me every time I slow down or stop on a warm day. I like the look of the scoops, I always thought that area was a void that needed to be filled.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    As for gas mileage. I think it might get better on the highway. The are converting the fuel regulator to a dead head type setup. This means it will be richer when idling but may in fact get leaner at highway speed when plenty of air moving will keep the engine and you cool.
    Bob
    I suspect that may be right on, Bob. Either way, I don't expect it will effect the overall MPG all that much. As for stop & go speeds, I'll welcome all the cooling fuel that the BRP techs want to throw at me at those times. But they did try that last year in WB 2013-9, and it didn't seem to help all that much. Maybe they weren't aggressive enough with the mixture change at that time, and they have more room to go, but there is only so much cooling you can achieve with mixture. Also, the richer you make it, the more the plugs will fowl, and they are a bear to change.

...which reminds me... I'm going to ask the dealer to change the plugs when they do this recall - "whether they need it or not".
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-31-2015 at 10:46 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bensonoid View Post
    I hope if there is a decrease in MPG it will be offset by fuel that no longer overflows from the evap canister and fumes that are no longer being inhaled by me every time I slow down or stop on a warm day. I like the look of the scoops, I always thought that area was a void that needed to be filled.
    Good thought! I forgot how much fuel is currently boiling off on some of the 2013 RT's. That SHOULD improve mileage, IMO.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-31-2015 at 10:56 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Yeah, and other than maybe just one short post, YOU weren't even in it up 'till now....
    I know, right! Trying to play nicer in the sandbox.

Not saying it's a bad decision, but let's just say surprised to see the deadhead fueling. Typically, people mod the other way and convert dead head, to a return style.
    The reasons are:
    -typically more consistent fuel pressure with a return system. Deadhead systems do go rich at idle.
    -fuel typically runs cooler in a return system. It heats up quicker sitting in the rail.
    -fuel pumps tend to last considerably longer in a return system..

However, all of this may have needed to be done as a way to richen things up. It's actually kind of a backyard way of richening things up, but I guess I shouldn't say it that way....[emoji16]

Either way, I just hope it works out for everyone.
    Last edited by DrewNJ; 06-01-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    I don't know how "sweet" Bob is, but Wyliec said he had a "goody-2-shoes" image that he was trying to shed. Come to think of it, that may be true. I haven't seen "ATGATT" in one of his posts now for at least a good month and a half.

Sorry Bob. Since everyone else is pickin' on you lately, I thought I might as well join in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    1. I understand that the gas milage will decrease with the recall, if true what is the estimated MPG
    Hi Commander,
    We don't expect the gas mileage to be noticeably lower after the recall.
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Thank you Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi Commander,
    We don't expect the gas mileage to be noticeably lower after the recall.
    This is good news, Thank you for this , Please give me your advice on what will be or is available that will work with this recall to route air flow to me & my passenger. Thank you in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by R&L Limted View Post
    This is good news, Thank you for this , Please give me your advice on what will be or is available that will work with this recall to route air flow to me & my passenger. Thank you in advance.
    A vent in the windshield or lower Baker wings. I doubt BRP will make anything for a one off 5000 unit roadster.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    A vent in the windshield or lower Baker wings. I doubt BRP will make anything for a one off 5000 unit roadster.
    Thank you Magdave, does the vent in the windshield work good ? Wonder why BRP Steve has not responded to this , I have asked three times?

Spyder Garage

Dealer called last Friday - Parts are in, time to schedule operation.....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default parts

It seems that the dealers are getting the parts fast. Thanks brp...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by R&L Limted View Post
    Thank you Magdave, does the vent in the windshield work good ? Wonder why BRP Steve has not responded to this , I have asked three times?
    Reports are the vent in the windshield work well. BRP only answers what they want to. Here are some links they come in 23" or 25" but I seem to remember you can buy just the vent and self install I am still looking for that.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...or-Spyder-RT-S

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-CAN-...25.m3641.l6368

https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?...product_id=299

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Can-Am-S...25.m3641.l6368

http://www.amazon.com/Spyder-Touring.../dp/B00B0E1TL4

Here is one Inspector Gadget says works and is self install

http://www.saber-cycle.com/store/product197.html
    Last edited by Magdave; 06-01-2015 at 11:14 AM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default ?

How many received your official letter from nhtsa about the fix? And are you aware of why not?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default mail

wellsborospyder we have not received any notification from BRP as yet. Needless to say like everyone else on the site have been following all of the notifications here..