Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Where di you here this? I thought it was all focused on the 2013's?

Bob
    You are right Bob, it is only 2013 RT's.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Where di you here this? I thought it was all focused on the 2013's?

Bob
    Bob,

As you know, this particular recall and Warranty Bulletin is focused on only the 2013 RT, but the NHTSA investigation is not. I've always just assumed that BRP is starting with the 2013 RT's because these are the worst cases. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if BRP were to issue some warranty bulletins for heat on some other years as well, after they get a chance to observe the field results of the current campaign. To me, that approach would just make sense.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-30-2015 at 01:59 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Re call repairs

My repairs are set for June 19th. We shall see what and how they work. I've had mine for 1 year and had no real issues with "over" heating. It does get hot. The gas smell was there now and then too. Not real hot in Maine usually and I avoid traffic if possible. I'll let you know.

Spyder Garage

Mine is scheduled for June 9th, will see how well the dealer does on the install. They said it will take two days,first install for them.They want to take it slow. Will post when I pick it up how it went.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WellsboroSpyder View Post
    Us 2013 rt owners already had a recall to fix an issue of water entering the back of the fuse box. Snorkel is close to the fuse box and the upper power connection 2013 have on the left side.
    It shouldn't be an issue... Assuming that you DID have this issue addressed!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just got back from dealer. They finished their first. Working on the second. The tech said it took 9 hrs on the first one. Here's a couple of pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hutchi56 View Post
    Just got back from dealer. They finished their first. Working on the second. The tech said it took 9 hrs on the first one. Here's a couple of pics.
    vent looks pretty good, but me being me i would wait till riding season is over and paint them the color of the bike
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Two weeks and Brownie gets altered

I am set up to take mine into Clawson's in Fresno in two weeks. in the meantime I am leaving the Central Valley early in the morning and camp at Morro Bay on the coast for a few days. It is going to be at or over 100F here so a good time to get out of here.

When i talked to the service department, I told them someone had stolen my catalytic convertor and replaced it with a straightpipe. They said they see that a lot.
    Like the other recalls, I plan on keeping the recall kit instructions along with my manual on the bike. it may save someone a lot of looking in the future, maybe my grandson.

I like the scoops and whether this, the canister and the fuel system changes solve the problems remains to be seen. I have only rarely had the smell of gas when parked. Usually i fuel up before going home, the last motorcycle i had was notorious for boiling gas, that was one of the ways that i controlled it. As far as heat goes, pulling out the catalytic convertor, and thermo wrapping the headers seem to helped that a great deal.

I hope this solves the problems and the distractions this has caused.
    In any event, i know i have been helped a lot by the advice and experience of people who would otherwise be strangers on this website; thank you all. Both in money and stress it has cost BRP and its customers a lot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I have every recall taken care of. And BRP assumed it shouldn't be an issue when They stuck the wrong engine in the frame the engineers designed for something different. In between the two snorkels is a lot of wiring to get wet under the switch panel

Spyder Garage

Just my observation. You keep comenting about our concerns with the 2013, but from your profile looks like you gave up on the 2013 right from the begining.

Spyder Garage

Oh well if water through the "snorkels" does ever become an issue maybe we will all be supplied with blank off plugs to use in heavy rain ☔ 😂

Spyder Garage

Apologise in advance for my last comment, it's just that my sick sense of humour gets the better of me at times.
    But I would like to add that I'm looking at this modification BRP has devised in a very positive way and will only become concerned if other issues do arise. Until then it will be back to enjoying my 2013 RT and riding it as often as I possibly can.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

looks like their are going to sell a lot of baker wings riders are going to get no air on them now just my 2 cents makes me even happyer i went to the 1330 last month

Spyder Garage

Steve,

Can you please comment on the following....

1. I understand that the gas milage will decrease with the recall, if true what is the estimated MPG

2. I asked before, how bad will the resale/trade in value be affected by the problems with the 13. I am looking to upgrade maybe next year an I would like to know how bad it will be.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just my observation. You keep comenting about our concerns with the 2013, but from your profile looks like you gave up on the 2013 right from the begining.

Exactly what do you THINK you see in my profile, that gives you that idea?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hutchi56 View Post

Hutch,
    The proof of the pie will be in the eating! It looks good; how does it run, and are you noticing any change in the amount of heat?

Spyder Garage

Exactly what do you THINK you see in my profile, that gives you that idea?
    First off I find your crack pipe toon offensive. You don't know me. What I see is a 2013 and a 2014 in a driveway with the comment out with the old in with the woo hoo. I am sorry if your intend of the pix and comment have a different meaning...like I said just an observation.

Spyder Garage

Hutch,
    The proof of the pie will be in the eating! It looks good; how does it run, and are you noticing any change in the amount of heat?

Good Morning Bob,

the pics I posted are not my RT. I was at the dealer to make an appt. for mine. The pics are the first RT they updated. The tech told me he took it out for awhile & he said in his opinion, it does feel cooler. Idk how much time he spent on the bike for a ride, but does sound promising. The second bike they are working on is in pieces. The air filter is completely removed. It's a good time to add JT's air filter. No charge for install!!

Spyder Garage

First off I find your crack pipe toon offensive. You don't know me. What I see is a 2013 and a 2014 in a driveway with the comment out with the old in with the woo hoo. I am sorry if your intend of the pix and comment have a different meaning...like I said just an observation.
    I believe Bob D. had a 2010 RT (the blue one) prior to the 2014. I always took Bob's comment about woo hoo to mean that he was glad he upgraded to the more powerful 1330, not that he was getting rid of a problem spyder.

As for offensive, I think Bob is trying to get rid of his goody 2 shoes image. Previous to that, Bob used to give a cube of sugar with each post.
    Last edited by wyliec; 05-31-2015 at 07:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Steve,

Can you please comment on the following....

1. I understand that the gas milage will decrease with the recall, if true what is the estimated MPG

2. I asked before, how bad will the resale/trade in value be affected by the problems with the 13. I am looking to upgrade maybe next year an I would like to know how bad it will be.

Why do you think the gas milage will go down? Steve never advised this nor is there any technical reason for it to do so. It may even go UP in warmer months from what we have now.

BRP has no real control on how the market will perceive these changes and its effect on resale values, nor do they give resale values to dealers for trade ins.

IF the recall alleviates many of the complaints, the values should stablize somewhere in between 2012 and 2014 values. They already have for the most part. There will ALWAYS bee a big gap between 13 and 14 due to the considerable engineering changes and considerable difference in cost new.

About the best you can hope for is that trade in values for a 2013 will stabilize just above those for 2012 models. Thats really as it should be. The current market shows its about there already. The big hit on the 2013s has already recovered a great deal.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You REALLY don't know much about bikes; do you?
    "Fawkes" was a 2010... this is obvious, since it's a darker Blue than what was available in 2013.
    Your bike hasn't even had the repairs done, and you're looking for trouble with it...
    How do you sleep at night; knowing that you may get hit by lightning at any moment?
    Or that your home might burn down?
    Or it may be burgled?
    Or a meteor might strike it?
    Or...

Relax a bit, and let the repairs happen. If you can find something to complain about then; we'll listen!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, this thread is way to tense for me!...[emoji38]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Would you like to share . I can't wait to see what happens next.

Spyder Garage

You REALLY don't know much about bikes; do you?
    "Fawkes" was a 2010... this is obvious, since it's a darker Blue than what was available in 2013.
    Your bike hasn't even had the repairs done, and you're looking for trouble with it...
    How do you sleep at night; knowing that you may get hit by lightning at any moment?
    Or that your home might burn down?
    Or it may be burgled?
    Or a meteor might strike it?
    Or...

Relax a bit, and let the repairs happen. If you can find something to complain about then; we'll listen!
    My apologies in front of all for assuming all blue are 2013. I sleep well. I keep a great outlook on life and enjoy it until a multimillion dollor company blames the customers for issues they created and then are forced by a gov. Agency to fix. But your out look might change if your 2014 blew up with you on it ..or the wheel falls off going down the road.... I was told you have a sweet imag?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Oh; you are SUCH a liar!