Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016's

Spyder Garage

Default 2016's

so a new F3s special edition black.. thats it..I'm going back to waiting...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So since the Woodchuck saw his Shadow; this means seven more weeks of Waiting!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Time will tell. But I am done holding my breath. Where's the beef?

Total overhype on a color change for an existing model?

I will just bet all those loyal HD riders are going to be throwing down their loyal steeds, and deserting to the Darkside (Spyderdom) over this introduction. I can see them lining up at the Can Am dealers now. Used HD's will be dirt cheap because there will be so many of them flooding the market.

Hope my disappointment does not show through too much.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-31-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Not me. If all they do for 2016 is come up with this black on black F3, I'm OK with that. Since my 2013 RT came out of the shop with it's new scoops and all cool, like it should have been in the first place, I don't care what they do for 2016. I'm lovin' this one all over again.

Think I'll go out and buy it a new farkle.

(All that said, it probably wasn't a bad marketing plan to unveil this particular F3 at Sturgis. It'll likely attract a new Spyder rider or two there.)
    Last edited by robmorg; 07-31-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Hype over a trim kit.
    Chris Gammack
    You don't know what I don't know. I don't know what you don't know. All I can say is at my age what I don't know is huge.
    I call the Avatar "The first fifteen feet."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Big yawn!

It's a good thing I'm not considering changing for a few years. I'd like to see the brand develop some more.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MY VERY CRUDE OPINION OH THIS

I really think BRP has slapped the face of all the faithful on this one. We are really the backbone of Spyders ...the owners....and I feel they played a JOKE on us with this bunch of ...So I am sending a message because I know they monitor this Forum, I talk to over 200 people per year about my Spyder, and because I don't like the JOKE you have just perpetrated on all of us , I'm going to play a JOKE on YOU...Ever heard of the expression " you only get one chance to make a GOOD first impression ".....well from now on every chance I get when someone asks me about My Spyder I'll just play a little joke on them for YOU...I'll tell them I HATE it , worst thing I have ever bought , can't wait to sell it, costs a fortune to maintain, constantly breaks down etc.......some JOKE .......Maybe the people in your ANNOUNCEMENT DEPT......will get a laugh out of this ........maybe some other people will do what I'm going to do........April fool's jokes are only valid April 1 st..........Respectfully ......Mike .......I'll bet this Post gets yanked so if you see it PRINT IT for posterity .........

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I really think BRP has slapped the face of all the faithful on this one. We are really the backbone of Spyders ...the owners....and I feel they played a JOKE on us with this bunch of ...So I am sending a message because I know they monitor this Forum, I talk to over 200 people per year about my Spyder, and because I don't like the JOKE you have just perpetrated on all of us , I'm going to play a JOKE on YOU...Ever heard of the expression " you only get one chance to make a GOOD first impression ".....well from now on every chance I get when someone asks me about My Spyder I'll just play a little joke on them for YOU...I'll tell them I HATE it , worst thing I have ever bought , can't wait to sell it, costs a fortune to maintain, constantly breaks down etc.......some JOKE .......Maybe the people in your ANNOUNCEMENT DEPT......will get a laugh out of this ........maybe some other people will do what I'm going to do........April fool's jokes are only valid April 1 st..........Respectfully ......Mike .......I'll bet this Post gets yanked so if you see it PRINT IT for posterity .........
    Wow.

I was also waiting to see the new "machine. " I walked away from an awesome deal on a 2014 RSS model hoping for a new machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Many years ago we used to call the info that created all the speculation the word from the last guy on the eight holer.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Where is da damn hitch, BRP?
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Are you sure your telling us what you REALLY think about this?

I also feel like someone tried to play a joke here. Based on about 99% negative response from the tried and true SL members, its looking like a big error was made. The new year roll out will hopefully gain BRP some credibility.

We have been here before, but I don't want to go back there.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default YEP -A-ROO

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Are you sure your telling us what you REALLY think about this?......Unlike some people here who will tell you one thing one minute and then when the wind changes will tell you the opposite just so they appear correct all the time ..........that's not how I roll. All the hype that was generated by someone who knew quite awhile ago that this was going to a " NON-EVENT ". I really feel I was made the butt of a bad JOKE and that has left a BAD taste in my mouth.......One of the first things they teach you at " Wharton " is never make your consumer feel Humiliated......they may never buy another thing you try to sell.....

I also feel like someone tried to play a joke here. Based on about 99% negative response from the tried and true SL members, its looking like a big error was made. The new year roll out will hopefully gain BRP some credibility.

We have been here before, but I don't want to go back there.
    Reply above in red..................................Mike

Spyder Garage

BRP unveiled the new product and they didn't tease or hype anything they said what they were going to do and did it. I think it is "99%" of post on here that hyped it up and now your upset... unbelievable. I think your not very emotionally intelligent. I'm excited because someone just saw this new edition for the first time and it rocked their world so they buy it and become part of the spyder family which "99%" of you welcome to SL and now they are going to read your statements. I want you to all know I'm embarrassed for you.

Sempert out,
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

disappointed is what I am. I know they were cashing in on the event as you can see from the roll out its confirmed. The location and event and the comemorative date is a feeble attempt to lure the majority of participant. Hope it worked but don't feel they have done me wrong...they could have added something for us but may come at other events where they think it will be more effective. It's business folks....don't be insulted...its what I expected for this year..color change..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Let down

I guess I was hoping for some engineering, or maybe performance, or something more exciting than bringing back the Phantom option from 2008! How about slipping the 1330 into the RSS and make it actually faster! A stage 1 or 2 or 3 kit, from the factory, adding power and speed. Options to make the limited unique and luxurious. Paint to order options, saddle options, windshields, the works. At this price point, personalized ordering options is a must. You realize Mercedes-Benz has a car that is CHEAPER than a RT Limited? They let you order what options you want. HMMMMMMMMM? Just a random thought. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was mentioned that BRP did a big hype campaign about the 2016 release, giving people hope for something other than what they revealed. On some other threads and this one, some fairly bold posts were made about the release in Sturgis. They made me wonder what I had missed so I could be mad too.

I didn't see/read any extra ordinary hype about it on here or elsewhere. The only "hyping" I saw was from some members guessing (and dreaming) about what the release might be. The list of possibilities seemed endless from some of the posts. Could it be possible those posts were the only hyping going on, mis-leading people to believe BRP really had something over the top to release?

In reality I did not see anything out of the ordinary from BRP this year that would lead me to believe there was anything spectacular coming out at Sturgis or at anytime. Just wondering if anyone can direct me toward any official posts or sites where BRP was leading anyone into thinking there was something spectacular to be expected with the 2016's release. I would like to see it. Thanks!

SL #7026
    VBA #652
    HOG #3935417
    2011 Viper-Red Spyder RT SE5 & Trailer
    2017 HD Ultra Limited
    Former Rides: 2014 HD Ultra Limited; '04 Kawa Nomad; '09 HD Ultra-Classic; and many Hondas through the years.
    Spyder Newbies Do's & Do Not's: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Spyder Garage

Default My thoughts

Having seen the advances from the 08 GS to F3, I for one was not expecting a radical change. Would it have been cool for a full electric or hybrid Spyder? Sure. But being there was no indication anywhere that BRP was going in that direction with any of the other vehicles they produce, I too figured it would be more cosmetic than anything else. I, personally, was hoping for a full-on F3 full dresser style change. Possibly a redesigned front and hard cases all around, like a F3/RT.
    But to each his own. I do believe there are more important issues to get twisted about. But that's just me.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default brp facebook thread

Hi Illinois Boy, yes there was hype - eg https://www.facebook.com/CanAmSpyder?fref=ts
    They posted 'caution' do not open until xxx, they posted "clues", they called it new product
    Yes there was guessing - as I think there was meant to be - certainly brp tried to generate excitement and suspense!

Potential mistake was to link the day-countdown for the Sturgis event to the countdown for the new product unveiling .. so excitement for sturgis transferred to excitement for a supposed new product

And yes some will like the new F3 colour, but it can hardly be called a new product

I am of the view that all this hype for a new colour scheme may have been useful for the Sturgis audience, and may generate some new buyers from the non-spyder-owner community, but as far as current owners who may be looking to update this "suspense" and "letdown" may have been counterproductive. I don't think I'll be getting too excited about the 2016 launch in Sept or whenever it is. I shall now just wait upon events.

Perhaps it's a case of "too much artificial suspense + letdown" = less eagerness (amongst this community) for the next lot of news.

Nonetheless, having seen a few launches come and go, it would have surprised me if a REAL 'new product' had been unveiled at Sturgis in advance of the dealer launch.

Spyder Garage

It's Sturgis so BRP just followed HD's lead by making some minor styling change and calling it a new product, after HD have been doing it for years (decades?) and it's worked a treat for them:-)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Geez. I guess I missed it all......Didn't know Sturgis was going on,.....didn't read ANYTHING about a new F3, don't do facebook, don't watch much TV, and when I do, it's on the DVR so I zip thru the commercials.
    Once in a while, I do crawl out from under my rock to see if the sun's shining.

Life is bliss.

Spyder Garage

I'd like to see the RT all black like the 16 F3 !! :-)

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

Let's step back for a moment - all of us here are more familiar with the F3 and we know all about it, BUT........when it comes to the crowd that was on hand in Sturgis, the VAST majority of them have never seen an F3, are not familiar with it, so to them it WAS a brand new machine that was worthy of their consideration.

So while all of us here might be disappointed that the FIRST new model for 2016 is a phantom F3, we should consider this model was aimed at a group that was largely being exposed to the F3 for the very first time.

In that manner, what happened makes a whole lot more sense. It was appropriate for that "demographic" of riders who were in attendance. I would be curious to hear from other Spyder owners who were there what kind of reaction there was from the biker crowd.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Spyder Garage

I just got time to get on my laptop for a sec. I will say I couldn't see how they would be coming out with something too radical so soon again.
    2013- New frame for all Spyders and the new ST. That was a big deal money wise.
    2014- New motor for the RT (1330) that gave us pretty much everything RT owners have been asking for.
    2015- New Spyder with a new motor (F3) that appeals to the younger and larger section of riders. My personal favorite.

So what did you really think they were going to do? Look at the Honda Goldwing, same bike since 2002 other than a bag change a couple of years ago. They did come out with the F6B and guess what? the haters came out for that one too.

So they did a pretty cool twist on the F3 that pretty much everyone who wasn't a Spyder owner loved here at Sturgis, looks like we'll be upping our membership once again because of this color combo. Here's a PM I just got.

"ok that triple black is going to make me do it, any idea on a price"

Remember this is just one product for 2016, we won't know till September what the rest of the line will look like. And lets be honest, most of you guys aren't in the market for anything new anyway. If it was better than what we have now you would find a way to dis the new product to justify not buying it. I've seen this happen every new model year on all the other boards I ran. This is just my opinion but feel free to share yours.

Spyder Garage

That's exactly it - the launch matches the market - Sturgis.

From what I can work out they can't make enough F3's the meet demand anyway so why would they radically change it? Well I'm guessing that's the case as we still haven't seen one down here yet, though I think an Auckland dealer in the North Island may have got one a couple of weeks ago.

Question is, what part of the market are they missing at the moment? The cruiser market was the obvious hole before but that got filled by the F3.

One gap would be off-road but that's well covered by BRPs quad's which are better suited anyway - A Y format doesn't make sense for that unless you drive all three wheels (now that's an idea:-)). Anyway we all know what the problem was with 3 wheel off-roaders.

Retro/Mock-classic look is just not going to work

Another possibly is streetfighter/naked - Imagine a bikini faring and big twin lights with an RS sitting position - think Triumph Speed Triple styling. Now that I'd be interested in. Don't think that's going to happen this year though.

I'm still hoping a more tuned RSS with a eased off nanny could be on the cards this year - can but hope:-)

Spyder Garage

There is no doubt that BRP had the right bike (cruiser) in the right color (black) for the right crowd (H/D) at the right time (Rally Week)! I like the machine and might consider one in black, but just like the H/D 50th Anniversary bike, I am NOT gonna pay extra dollars for a couple of decals. Otherwise, with the "big announcement", I guess there is nothing new on the F3 for 2016, so I can start looking for a reduced price 2015! NOW I can get excited!!