Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Cross Country Saddlebag delay

Looks like from what I just read that the orders will be filled as they become available but it's looking like early July before all orders are filled. After July they should have good stock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Looks like from what I just read that the orders will be filled as they become available but it's looking like early July before all orders are filled. After July they should have good stock.

Thanks for the info Lamont. Time to plan the annual road trip!

Spyder Garage

So why the delay? Club was Sept 23rd and probably first delivery wasn't until at least February. To my understanding every dealer before they left Club they had to place an order for all models.I have gone without for a month an a half now so whats another month an a half more without saddlebags, I had placed my order Sept 27th. Glad I got a tank bag to work

Spyder Garage

Default Profoundly disappointed!

I'll be leaving for Arizona (4,000 mile round trip) on Weds without saddlebags. All attempts at finding "throw-over" bags as substitutes were not successful. I have compromised by getting two 20-liter backpacks and I'm using bungie cords to attach them to the grab bars. Looks profoundly goofy but it will have to work. Won't win any aesthetic awards on this trip, however. Oh well, perhaps it will be a conversation starter.

Needless to say (but I will anyway) I'm more than disappointed by this...I ordered AND PAID FOR my bags 5 months ago........this reminds me of the same #$*(&@ that happened to the Route 66 windshield...another disappointment. (However, that turned out okay because I have my Madstad installed and love it.)

Oh well! Enough whining (for now.)

F3S Steel Black Metallic
    Former owner of '12 RT-S SE-5 and '09 GS SM5

Spyder Garage

Default Ridiculous

How does a company get away with crap like this....

Spyder Garage

Default Waiting

Quote Originally Posted by DeanerBeaner View Post
    So why the delay? Club was Sept 23rd and probably first delivery wasn't until at least February. To my understanding every dealer before they left Club they had to place an order for all models.I have gone without for a month an a half now so whats another month an a half more without saddlebags, I had placed my order Sept 27th. Glad I got a tank bag to work
    Ordered my bags Jan 26th, same crap, you are next in-line, as for the windshield I am waiting on F4 Customs for that also, I have that piece of crap 14 inch windshield now....

Spyder Garage

Default Sad...!!

their planning and choice of suppliers is lacking. Considering they have prepaid orders production should never be this far off. The aftermarket guys already have them available and they will end up having cancellations. Thanks for the update and keeping an eye out for the F3 folks...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    ...I have compromised by getting two 20-liter backpacks and I'm using bungie cords to attach them to the grab bars. Looks profoundly goofy but it will have to work. Won't win any aesthetic awards on this trip, however. Oh well, perhaps it will be a conversation starter...
    Slagiatti, I would use tie downs not bungee cords. The weak link on a bungee is where it is connected to the hook. If it breaks, all sorts of chaos can take place.

Just ask Motavar: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...dent-Roll-over

Spyder Garage

Default Bags

Slagiatti, I would use tie downs not bungee cords. The weak link on a bungee is where it is connected to the hook. If it breaks, all sorts of chaos can take place.

Having traveled from Arizona to Springfield and back you want tie downs.

Spyder Garage

This was my set up going to Spyderfest this year. Put 2200 miles on these straps and did not have an issue. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432524371.145642.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432524384.598209.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can chalk at least part of the delay to the longshoreman and sympathy slow down on the west coast for some of the delay. They did need a redesign to strengthen the set up, which from personal experience, went into another tooling modification and time dwell. I ordered mine at the end of Feb and received them on Saturday. Two weeks of traveling with rain gear and supplies will be danged tight and the back pack will likely be necessary anyway.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slagiatt View Post
    I'll be leaving for Arizona (4,000 mile round trip) on Weds without saddlebags. All attempts at finding "throw-over" bags as substitutes were not successful. I have compromised by getting two 20-liter backpacks and I'm using bungie cords to attach them to the grab bars. Looks profoundly goofy but it will have to work. Won't win any aesthetic awards on this trip, however. Oh well, perhaps it will be a conversation starter.

Needless to say (but I will anyway) I'm more than disappointed by this...I ordered AND PAID FOR my bags 5 months ago........this reminds me of the same #$*(&@ that happened to the Route 66 windshield...another disappointment. (However, that turned out okay because I have my Madstad installed and love it.)

Oh well! Enough whining (for now.)

See my thread on installing the Sedici saddlebags and brackets from Cycleworld. They fit perfectly. Even the hardware included fits the spyder like they were OEM. The 'throwover' strap fits under the passenger seat if you wish. Pics were posted too. I have been very pleased with them in use.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...e-Bags-for-F3!

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Took your advice

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post

Just ask Motavar: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...dent-Roll-over
    Got some tie-downs today and reconfigured the load.
    I've never had a bungie break in over 50 years of riding, but I don't want the 51st year to be the 'gotcha'.

Thanks again for the advice.
    F3S Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    You can chalk at least part of the delay to the longshoreman and sympathy slow down on the west coast for some of the delay. They did need a redesign to strengthen the set up, which from personal experience, went into another tooling modification and time dwell. I ordered mine at the end of Feb and received them on Saturday. Two weeks of traveling with rain gear and supplies will be danged tight and the back pack will likely be necessary anyway.

Wayne
    Pauly
    I'm sincerely happy for you getting your bags...happy for everyone who has, but you didn't need to tell me you ordered them at the end of Feb and picked them up Saturday........that is way too long for your to have had to wait, but I ordered mine in November '14 and picked up tie-downs for my makeshift bags today.
    Oh well! Stuff happens.
    F3S Steel Black Metallic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Sounds good....just in time.

I sure hope so since I'm heading out on a weeklong trip through the Smokies in mid July and I could use the extra storage. The frunk and a Cortech Tail Bag just won't cut it. Ordered in Apr when I bought the F3S so I guess I can't complain...seems like others have been waiting much longer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's too bad that they are delayed but I have seen some great setups with both soft and hard bags. The big difference that I have seen on the aftermarket setups is that the brackets would remain if you took the bags off and on the BRP bags the bracket goes with the bag. But really how many of you would routinely take your bags on and off?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bags

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    That's too bad that they are delayed but I have seen some great setups with both soft and hard bags. The big difference that I have seen on the aftermarket setups is that the brackets would remain if you took the bags off and on the BRP bags the bracket goes with the bag. But really how many of you would routinely take your bags on and off?
    I've seen some of the aftermarket F3 bags and am not impressed at all. Need to be lockable, weather resistant and most of all...look cool! None of them of them have met all three like the OEM (Which I have already paid for)...

Spyder Garage

I just got done installing v-rod bags on this bike for a gal. Turned out pretty good.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bags

I just got done installing v-rod bags on this bike for a gal. Turned out pretty good.

Hey, not bad looking! Would like to see more pics.

Spyder Garage

Default ME!

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I routinely take my bags off. Most of my riding is after work de-stress in the mountains, so I don't need or want bags hanging off my spyder. I like the "bare look" of the back end. Then a couple times a year, we take a weekend or week long road trip and I'd like bags. I think part of what makes me leave my bags on or take them off is the hassle factor. if it's a pain in the backside to get them on and off I'd do it less. Also if I've got ugly brackets showing when they're off, I'd be inclined to leave them on.

For me the OEM bags (which I ordered last Sept and finally got installed this week) work. It takes about 5 minutes to put them on or take them off, and there's nothing on the F3 that shows they were ever there.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I routinely take my bags off. Most of my riding is after work de-stress in the mountains, so I don't need or want bags hanging off my spyder. I like the "bare look" of the back end. Then a couple times a year, we take a weekend or week long road trip and I'd like bags. I think part of what makes me leave my bags on or take them off is the hassle factor. if it's a pain in the backside to get them on and off I'd do it less. Also if I've got ugly brackets showing when they're off, I'd be inclined to leave them on.

For me the OEM bags (which I ordered last Sept and finally got installed this week) work. It takes about 5 minutes to put them on or take them off, and there's nothing on the F3 that shows they were ever there.
    They did a nice job on the mounting system, and they seem to be very stable when
    mounted. Like you said, you really can't tell anything was there either.
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

I just got my saddlebags installed yesterday. They were ordered last October with the initial F3 orders. I got my F3S in late January so I feel the same pain you all are feeling. But at least they are beginning to be shipped.

I hope you all get yours very soon.

Now come on F4--That Blue Ridge windshield leaves a lot to be desired (if you are taller than 5').

Spyder Garage

Default Saddlebags on Shopatron

Can someone tell me if I ordered the bags on Shopatron would I have them sooner than if I waited until my dealer received them?
    I ordered my bags through my dealer in February and they still don't have a ship date yet.
    On Shopatron the bags say they are available.
    Same issue happened to me with my ST trailer hitch.
    My dealer thinks I am crazy!
    2016 F3T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Shopatron

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraleamay View Post
    Can someone tell me if I ordered the bags on Shopatron would I have them sooner than if I waited until my dealer received them?
    I ordered my bags through my dealer in February and they still don't have a ship date yet.
    On Shopatron the bags say they are available.
    Same issue happened to me with my ST trailer hitch.
    My dealer thinks I am crazy!
    I'll say this. Everything I have ordered from Shopatron since buying the F3 has arrived within one or two days. I would use them. Picked up the F3 March 17 and did not receive the bags from the dealer until May.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

What and who is Shopatron? Link?

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame