Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Need trailer hitch for my F3s

I know can am is not making a trailer hitch for F3. Anyone know any aftermarket company's making any trailer hitches. I really need one

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you add an after market trailer hitch to your F3 you will void the warranty.
    Rumor has it that next year Can-AM will be releasing a trailer hitch for the F3

Spyder Garage

Lamontster is working on one the last I heard.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=GunDoctor;980878]Lamontster is working on one the last I heard.

Not going to happen he sadly announced a few weeks ago!

Spyder Garage

Default Someone please offer a trailer hitch

With so little storage, the trailer hitch is needed.

The 1330 engine will not know it is there - but to assist the computer, we can always put a spongy item to depress the passenger sensor.

The first one to offer the trailer hitch can sell it at a premium, because of the backlogged demand.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Not going to happen he sadly announced a few weeks ago!
    It sounds as if the F-3 Squadron might be best-served by seeing what BRP brings to the table for 2016...
    (Think of it sort of like the 2013 RT owners waiting for BRP's fix for THEIR bikes...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

Some one will come up with one cause there is a great demand and first will be a big winner. Let's not go to the warranty bit again....first come first served...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WARRANTY

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    If you add an after market trailer hitch to your F3 you will void the warranty.
    Rumor has it that next year Can-AM will be releasing a trailer hitch for the F3
    Maybe in Canada, in the USA you are protected by the Moss-Magnusson act.......which prevents the manufacturer from arbitrarily VOIDING your warranty WITHOUT proving that the item damaged something on your Spyder..........It's a scare tactic used by BRP ( and other manufacturers )against unsuspecting consumers to keep them from using anything except BRP products .......IMHO if this were true 85 % of all Spyders warranties would be VOIDED because they have done something not approved by BRP to their Spyder........justsayin......Mike

Spyder Garage

Default REALLY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenfromhv View Post

The 1330 engine will not know it is there - but to assist the computer, we can always put a spongy item to depress the passenger sensor.

The first one to offer the trailer hitch can sell it at a premium, because of the backlogged demand.
    ..........If I had access to an F-3 for a week I could come up with one. I have looked at this and I think it would be easier than any of the other swing arm Spyders. Because the BRP Hitch design incorporates a cushion in it to protect the drive-train , that should be included in any F-3 design. The one I have in mind does. I just need an F-3 to work with............Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 05-23-2015 at 07:40 PM.

Spyder Garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=uXazZkC0u94

We have a set of these bags and were away in PA for a 4day weekend more than enough room for 2 riders
    Last edited by DeanerBeaner; 05-23-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..........If I had access to an F-3 for a week I could come up with one. I have looked at this and I think it would be easier than any of the other swing arm Spyders. Because the BRP Hitch design incorporates a cushion in it to protect the drive-train , that should be included in any F-3 design. The one I have in mind does. I just need an F-3 to work with............Mike
    Designing is the easy part. After seeing someone screw up a really simple install on a part that I thought could not be installed wrong I decided it wasn't worth the risk of someone else screwing up the install of a hitch I designed. I think we will see a hitch for the F3 in the near future from BRP and I'll let them take the risk I'm not willing to take. Make sure you have a good liability policy when you you start build these for anyone other than yourself.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Designing is the easy part. After seeing someone screw up a really simple install on a part that I thought could not be installed wrong I decided it wasn't worth the risk of someone else screwing up the install of a hitch I designed. I think we will see a hitch for the F3 in the near future from BRP and I'll let them take the risk I'm not willing to take. Make sure you have a good liability policy when you you start build these for anyone other than yourself.
    Yup, we need more lawyers!
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Mike to bad I live at the other end of the country because you could use my F3.

Spyder Garage

Default WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Mike to bad I live at the other end of the country because you could use my F3.
    ............However, you could come and stay for a week and go home with a Hitch for that Uber Kool ride ..Mike

Spyder Garage

Just extrapolating from a conversation I had with a couple CanAm folks at Spyderfest but part of the delay in releasing a factory hitch is the recalibrated stability control system on the F3. They believe just bolting a hitch on without an update to the stability control is not safe. Likely a new tune to be installed on the bike with the hitch that enables an F3 'trailer mode' in some fashion.

To do it right is more than just the steel hitch to fit the swing arm.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default TOWING TRAILERS

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Just extrapolating from a conversation I had with a couple CanAm folks at Spyderfest but part of the delay in releasing a factory hitch is the recalibrated stability control system on the F3. They believe just bolting a hitch on without an update to the stability control is not safe. Likely a new tune to be installed on the bike with the hitch that enables an F3 'trailer mode' in some fashion.

Just a random thought .....Honda neither makes , recommends , or authorizes hitches for their Gold Wings ( last I heard ). However Tens of thousands of them are towing trailers, and without Stability control. Amazing what all those nutjobs will attempt to do, and doing it for decades too ..........................just sayin, I'm sorry but I don't believe everything I'm told even if I hear it on the INTERNET .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Default Am I Missing Something

I never had a trailer, so correct me if I am wrong: But

A normal trailer with proper load and balance can be lifted with one finger, and Pulled with one hand.

The pull force on the bike must be less than a passenger ???

What issues / problems am I missing?

Spyder Garage

I never had a trailer, so correct me if I am wrong: But

A normal trailer with proper load and balance can be lifted with one finger, and Pulled with one hand.

The pull force on the bike must be less than a passenger ???

What issues / problems am I missing?
    The forces placed on the bike when accelerating, braking and most importantly turning, are far greater than you could hold with one finger.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just a random thought .....Honda neither makes , recommends , or authorizes hitches for their Gold Wings ( last I heard ). However Tens of thousands of them are towing trailers, and without Stability control. Amazing what all those nutjobs will attempt to do, and doing it for decades too ..........................just sayin, I'm sorry but I don't believe everything I'm told even if I hear it on the INTERNET .....Mike
    Mike, the dynamic forces generated by the Spyder are FAR different than anything that Honda has to deal with on the 'Wings...
    You're comparing chainsaws, to snorkels.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default F3 TRAILER HITCH

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Mike, the dynamic forces generated by the Spyder are FAR different than anything that Honda has to deal with on the 'Wings...
    I had a 2010 rs a Can Am dealer said they would not and will not make a trailer hitch for the rs and would void warranty .I went out and bought a aftermarket hitch and put it on the rs .Pulled it behind for 5 years without a problem. Can Am said it could not be done. But I did it for 5 years now I got a F3s and I want a hitch and they are telling me the same thing. I hope a aftermarket place will start making them for the F3 soon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm curious Please explain the Dynamic forces?

Spyder Garage

Default CONFUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Mikescanam View Post
    I had a 2010 rs a Can Am dealer said they would not and will not make a trailer hitch for the rs and would void warranty .I went out and bought a aftermarket hitch and put it on the rs .Pulled it behind for 5 years without a problem. Can Am said it could not be done. But I did it for 5 years now I got a F3s and I want a hitch and they are telling me the same thing. I hope a aftermarket place will start making them for the F3 soon
    ....You are confusing Can-am ( ie BRP ) with the Dealer......The DEALER told something and you assumed They were correct....which they weren't for sooooo many possible reasons. Be very careful with the info you get from a Dealer. A lot of them are totally Clueless or Dis-honest......JMHO.......Mike

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not saying this is the case here, but many manufacturers will hold off on accessories or a new model until there are enough sales so that they will sell lots of them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

This is the same thing I was told before. I know you can get away without changing the vss as I put close to 50K on my GS with a Bushtec hitch. The real equation is who are you going to go after if there is an issue? How much product liability are you willing to carry on a hitch that you may make $100.00 on? For me the risk is not worth it as I've seen the end user screw up the easiest installs. I'm more worried about that than I am making a product that will hold up. I'll wait to see what BRP comes up with and feel good about putting out there. All you garage guys wanting to get into the hitch biz better cover your butt or you could lose everything even if it's not your fault.

Spyder Garage

Next bet is GIVI's large saddlebags and top case.
    2019 Rally , Black