Spyder Garage

Default LATEST TALLY FOR DEADWOOD!

Update for Deadwood three wheeler rally in July: 203 people registered riding in on 132 trikes. 58 Spyders, 26 Hondas, 23 Harleys, 12 Slingshots and 13 miscellaneous. Canada and 24 states are represented so far. If you want more info, go to d3wr.com. It's gonna' be a blast
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Default We are going.

We are going. Just saw that the check I sent with registration cleared the bank, so I guess that means we are in.
    Chris Gammack
    You don't know what I don't know. I don't know what you don't know. All I can say is at my age what I don't know is huge.
    I call the Avatar "The first fifteen feet."

Spyder Garage

Default need 2

JM;
    Pat & i need 2 sign up.... keep 4get'n pal... kick me 2moro at Rolo's event...
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Default vendors at Deadwood

Just heard yesterday at Blue Ridge event that ROLO...aka True Laser Track aka Outlaw Laser aligns will be there doing alignmnets on SPYDERS and Slingshots....Fred from Spyder Liter is going to be there too

Spyder Garage

we mailed ours in yesterday so that will add 2 Spyders and 3 backsides.
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats..!!

looks like it is shaping up nicely. Hope you have a designated photographer so we can see some of the micelaneous ones...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default REGISTRATION UPDATE!!

Here are the latest numbers for the Deadwood trike rally in July: 252 people riding in on 162 trikes from 29 states and Canada. 74 Spyders, 31 Hondas, 31 Harley's, 12 Slingshots and 14 miscellaneous. Way to go Spyders! Let's get up to 100! Registration goes up from $20 to $25 on June 1st. To register or for more info go to: D3wr.com

2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid

Angel Fire, New Mexico and Kerrville,Texas
    Spyder Garage

Does anybody know if there will be a vender there that will install anti sway bar and links? I just got my 2015 ST Limited on Tuesday and am looking forward to the trip to Deadwood. I had 5 Harleys but really like the switch to the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Default Vendors

I would suggest contacting teresas@firstgold.com. Teresa is the organizer for the event. She may be able to provide a list of vendors. By the way, I asked her how many trikes were riding in vs trailering and she said over 90% are riding. I just checked and Outdoor Motorsports in Spearfish is one of the sponsors. If you could have the bar and links with you, they might could install them for you. Might be worth a phone call. 605-644-7198. Also I heard that Outlaw Laser will be there doing Laser alignments. You could get yours checked while there.
    Last edited by JKMSPYDER; 05-30-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

Default BAD NEWS

[QUOTE=JKMSPYDER;984890]I would suggest contacting teresas@firstgold.com. Teresa is the organizer for the event. She may be able to provide a list of vendors. By the way, I asked her how many trikes were riding in vs trailering and she said over 90% are riding. I just checked and Outdoor Motorsports in Spearfish is one of the sponsors. If you could have the bar and links with you, they might could install them for you. Might be worth a phone call. 605-644-7198. Also I heard that Outlaw Laser will be there doing Laser alignments. You could get yours checked while there.[/QUOTE]

BAD NEWS just got a e mail from Kristal at True Laser Track...OUTLAW , Rolo laser aligns for the Spyder AND the Slingshot.

The town of Deadwood refuses to back off the vendor fee for the first annual Deadwood rally. Teresa fought hard to get them to waiver but no go...guess they think they are Sturgis.

They want $750 vendor fee, plus a $500 bond plus $$$ you have to buy a South Dakota temp. sales tax number...plus you are going to be inspected by the Deadwood ordinance people. Sounds like a huge hassle to me.You are talking thousands $$$$ just to be a vendor.There is no way with all these fees you can make any money so Kristal is backing out,,,you cannot afford to go. This was how Myrtle Beach was this year and the vendors that did go lost tons of money.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call...rallys are a great idea but with out vendors....they will probably die. JMHO

I feel bad for Theresa...she has worked so hard to make this happen and now it looks like no one can afford to be a vendor.

Angel Fire, New Mexico and Kerrville,Texas
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    [QUOTE=JKMSPYDER;984890]I would suggest contacting teresas@firstgold.com. Teresa is the organizer for the event. She may be able to provide a list of vendors. By the way, I asked her how many trikes were riding in vs trailering and she said over 90% are riding. I just checked and Outdoor Motorsports in Spearfish is one of the sponsors. If you could have the bar and links with you, they might could install them for you. Might be worth a phone call. 605-644-7198. Also I heard that Outlaw Laser will be there doing Laser alignments. You could get yours checked while there.

BAD NEWS just got a e mail from Kristal at True Laser Track...OUTLAW , Rolo laser aligns for the Spyder AND the Slingshot.

The town of Deadwood refuses to back off the vendor fee for the first annual Deadwood rally. Teresa fought hard to get them to waiver but no go...guess they think they are Sturgis.

They want $750 vendor fee, plus a $500 bond plus $$$ you have to buy a South Dakota temp. sales tax number...plus you are going to be inspected by the Deadwood ordinance people. Sounds like a huge hassle to me.You are talking thousands $$$$ just to be a vendor.There is no way with all these fees you can make any money so Kristal is backing out,,,you cannot afford to go. This was how Myrtle Beach was this year and the vendors that did go lost tons of money.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call...rallys are a great idea but with out vendors....they will probably die. JMHO

I feel bad for Theresa...she has worked so hard to make this happen and now it looks like no one can afford to be a vendor.

[/QUOTE]
    Tax you to death thats the trend these days. I have my bar and links ordered, after looking at videos it does not look like a big job. Thanks for the comeback. Looking for the trip. Have 650 miles on Spyder in 6 days love it.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maybe they could set up somewhere else or at someone's house.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Deadwood 3 wheel rally

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    [QUOTE=JKMSPYDER;984890]I would suggest contacting teresas@firstgold.com. Teresa is the organizer for the event. She may be able to provide a list of vendors. By the way, I asked her how many trikes were riding in vs trailering and she said over 90% are riding. I just checked and Outdoor Motorsports in Spearfish is one of the sponsors. If you could have the bar and links with you, they might could install them for you. Might be worth a phone call. 605-644-7198. Also I heard that Outlaw Laser will be there doing Laser alignments. You could get yours checked while there.

[/QUOTE]

Many of us that cannot go this year will be watching for the feedback from those that do go this year as to how things went and what the prognosis is for future rallys there.

Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

Deadwood is a town where most/if not all their income comes from tourist dollars. Visited and stayed there once. Did the gambling thing.

Sorry to hear that they are pricing vendors for the rally out of attending.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-02-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not that I can help, but if I can find the right place to email over there, as an SD resident I will at least say something to them. This isn't going to be a huge rally for crying out loud... and with the 7th this year and 1M+ people expected for Sturgis, you would think they could lighten up on this one a bit...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post

Many of us that cannot go this year will be watching for the feedback from those that do go this year as to how things went and what the prognosis is for future rallys there.

[/QUOTE]

Shame on Deadwood. Not sure now if I will go. Venders are half the reason and rides are the other. Been doing the rides since 1967 so the venders are very important but should not have to lose money.

Did you know the Sturges Rally produces more sales tax for the state of South Dakota
    in two weeks than all other sales tax income combined!

Jack
    Last edited by jaherbst; 06-02-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Isn't this a BRP sponsored event?...May have something to do with it...They may kill their own event..I wonder if the Spyderfest mega-vendor list had anything to do with BRP not sponsoring them..

Spyder Garage

Default Updated Tally 6/5/15

Here is the latest tally from Deadwood: 295 people riding in on 193 trikes from 31 states and Canada. 86 Spyders, 41 Hondas, 35 Harley's, 14 Slingshots and 17 misc. Let's shoot for 100 Spyders!!! If you are on the fence or haven't registered yet, time is running out. You can register at d3wr.com.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid

Spyder Garage

It appears this will be a great rally.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red