Spyder Garage

Default Adding a 12 volt outlet to front trunk

I have a 2014 RTS and after doing some reading here it appears it may not be too difficult to add an outlet in my front trunk. I popped off the cap in the trunk and I see a rubber grommet with a black and black/yellow wire in it. Is this the factory wire for the outlet? Does anyone have any recommendations on a particular brand of plug, or does BRP offer one that is worth installing? Also, if anyone has any advice or tips for doing the install, I'd appreciate any advice or help.

Spyder Garage

No need to pay the inflated 36.00 from BRP, I bought 6 on eBay and they have two USB plugs in each and have a blue LED light. Spend a couple of minutes checking out what is available.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

The 12 v plug wire is their you have take front off and theirs the wire already to put in the truck any 12 v round will fit. Just make shure water prof plug that is

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When I installed an auxilliary fuse block I wired in a 12 V waterproof outlet to the fuse block. The outlet has its own mounting hardware. The outlet is mounted behind the frunk lining.
    The outlet is also low profile so it does not stick out too far in the frunk.