Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    I loved the show and I love the look of this 'General Lee' bike. Not overdone. I am a minimalist when it comes to my bikes and it suits my liking.
    That's funny: I've always been sort of a "Maximalist" kind of guy...
    Whatever it takes, to make us all happy!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Warner Bros. scraps Dukes of Hazzard car toys over Confederate flag controversy

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/23/88...nfederate-flag

Just like that... the General Lee is lumped in with symbols of hate.. (for the record I don't agree)
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree; with your not agreeing...

Spyder Garage

I think the General Lee Spyder looks awesome. Funny to see it with the whole flag thing of late.

I agree that F3's are badass . I nearly flew off mine yesterday-got so startled when a truck next to me started honking like mad (BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!) just to get my attention and give me thumbs up! LOL
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Aren't we kinda over the Stars and Bars?
    NEVER!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Commander, the stars and bars refers to the 1st official flag of the Confederate States of America: There were 3 versions and this was the 1st. The American Flag is the stars and stripes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So which one is causing everybody to wet themselves?

(Isn't the other one, a Battle Flag?)

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Intent

That flag means nothing to me. It means a great deal to a lot of people. Historical significance for some. A symbol of hate for others, not much different than a swastika. That symbol is fairly universally hated for many millions of reasons! For some the Stars and Bars is a hated symbol. To me it's just dumb. The good guys won the Civil War, so why you would want to continue to fly the losing Flag, makes no sense. That a--h--- was going to do what he did whether they were flying the Stars and Bars or not. So fly it if you want.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Yep, the battle flag is the one causing the uproar. However, some knucklehead did come out yesterday and called for Old Glory to be taken down forever too... not in my neighborhood. ..
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDM View Post
    Commander, the stars and bars refers to the 1st official flag of the Confederate States of America: There were 3 versions and this was the 1st. The American Flag is the stars and stripes.
    Glad you said it so I didn't have to give the history lesson!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    Yep, the battle flag is the one causing the uproar. However, some knucklehead did come out yesterday and called for Old Glory to be taken down forever too... not in my neighborhood. ..
    It was this knucklehead:
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...can-flag-down/

Spyder Garage

Aren't we kinda over the Stars and Bars?

Its more a symbol of Southern Pride now.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So which one is causing everybody to wet themselves?

(Isn't the other one, a Battle Flag?)

This one:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    Its more a symbol of Southern Pride now.
    But the question is, who's pride? It's certainly not a symbol of pride for every American citizen that lives south of the Mason-Dixon line.

It seems to me that some folks have forgotten that they are still free to fly any flag they want on their own property. Public (Government) property is a whole different story. Public property belongs to all the citizens and therefore must be all inclusive or excluded to all. There is no middle ground.

As much as I am tempted to, I will not invoke Godwin's Law.

Does the confederate battle flag offend me? Not in the slightest. I grew up watching 'The Dukes of Hazard' and loved it. (mostly because of Daisy). I am also a Caucasian male. That fact pretty much puts me on the top tier of opportunity in the United States.

I am not trying to get a political debate going or cause any problems on a site I love and I am not a 'glass half full' or 'glass half empty' kinda guy. I try to look at the reality of things from all perspectives. An eight ounce glass containing four ounces of water equals four ounces of water. Four ounces of water in a 16 ounce glass is still equal to four ounces of water.

Is there some overreaction going on? You bet there is... on both sides. Is it time to relegate the past to the past and keep it as a history lesson that freedom and equality is a right everyone on this planet should have? You're damn right it is.

Like it or not, many countries in the world take their queues from us. We can be the excuse for oppression and bigotry or a light for freedom. We better get it right and get it right fast.

News travels at the speed of electrons now.

In the end, I really have only one hope. That hope is that in my lifetime I will see all American citizens recognized and perceived as truly equal. Regardless of the melanin content of their skin cells, or who they love, or what religion they follow, or their gender, or salary, or anything other than the simple fact that they are just as human as me and we all bleed red.

That remains my hope.

Spyder Garage

Well said. Thank you.
    2015 F3-S , Can-Am Red (Orange)

Spyder Garage

Glad you said it so I didn't have to give the history lesson!
    I stand corrected, thank you

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    But the question is, who's pride? It's certainly not a symbol of pride for every American citizen that lives south of the Mason-Dixon line.

It seems to me that some folks have forgotten that they are still free to fly any flag they want on their own property. Public (Government) property is a whole different story. Public property belongs to all the citizens and therefore must be all inclusive or excluded to all. There is no middle ground.

As much as I am tempted to, I will not invoke Godwin's Law.

Does the confederate battle flag offend me? Not in the slightest. I grew up watching 'The Dukes of Hazard' and loved it. (mostly because of Daisy). I am also a Caucasian male. That fact pretty much puts me on the top tier of opportunity in the United States.

I am not trying to get a political debate going or cause any problems on a site I love and I am not a 'glass half full' or 'glass half empty' kinda guy. I try to look at the reality of things from all perspectives. An eight ounce glass containing four ounces of water equals four ounces of water. Four ounces of water in a 16 ounce glass is still equal to four ounces of water.

Is there some overreaction going on? You bet there is... on both sides. Is it time to relegate the past to the past and keep it as a history lesson that freedom and equality is a right everyone on this planet should have? You're damn right it is.

Like it or not, many countries in the world take their queues from us. We can be the excuse for oppression and bigotry or a light for freedom. We better get it right and get it right fast.

News travels at the speed of electrons now.

In the end, I really have only one hope. That hope is that in my lifetime I will see all American citizens recognized and perceived as truly equal. Regardless of the melanin content of their skin cells, or who they love, or what religion they follow, or their gender, or salary, or anything other than the simple fact that they are just as human as me and we all bleed red.

That remains my hope.

It is controversial and divisive and should not be an official symbol on state property. Private citizens can do what they want. When I was in the service, I knew a man from Alabama. To him, and many others, its about the bravery of the officers and men, which can't be disputed. Also, the rift between the North and South at the time was over state sovereignty. From what I understand, slavery became more of an issue later in the war.
    2019 Rally , Black