Spyder Garage

Default "headphone" jack?

First off, I've got a new 2015 RT-S, as I'm sure that matters.

Is there any sort of an "audio out" or headphone jack on the RT-S? I really, really like my Autocom system for managing audio. It especially covers my ham radio, GPS, and phone well, and I'd like to integrate that into the RT's radio and iPod capability.

All I need is a way to get audio out of the RT and into the Autocom. If nothing else I can always wire one up from the speakers, but I was hoping there's an easier way. I have seen mention of a "wired headset", but no real details.

Thanks, -Fratz

Spyder Garage

Sent you a PM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    Sent you a PM
    I would pay close attention to this man !
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I would pay close attention to this man !
    Really! PM replied, thanks Doc!!

-Fratz

Spyder Garage

Curious myself what the PM said?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Curious myself what the PM said?

Bob
    Me too.

But what's even MORE curious, is... Why do people post a public message that says "Sent you a PM"? You see that a lot, and it makes me laugh every time. Why not just send the PM and be done with it, as the recipient will be notified of the PM when he next logs in?

Now, if someone posted a message that said, "I didn't send you a PM", wouldn't that make more sense as the non-recipient would otherwise never know they didn't get it?
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-21-2015 at 02:52 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Me too.

But what's even MORE curious, is... Why do people post a public message that says "Sent you a PM"? You see that a lot, and it makes me laugh every time. Why not just send the PM and be done with it, as the recipient will be notified of the PM when he next logs in?

Now, if someone posted a message that said, "I didn't send you a PM", wouldn't that make more sense as the non-recipient would otherwise never know they didn't get it?
    I replied to your post.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Thanks for thread-jacking everyone.

I had a question, and *one* person who was helpful and tried to answer it.

Everyone else has been more interested in what was sent privately to me rather than to help answer my question.

Interesting dynamics here...

-Fratz

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fratzba View Post
    Thanks for thread-jacking everyone.

I had a question, and *one* person who was helpful and tried to answer it.

Everyone else has been more interested in what was sent privately to me rather than to help answer my question.

Interesting dynamics here...

-Fratz
    It's because of some basic things here....

1) The PM was to sell you something and not get busted for not paying advertising here. OR
    2) The information disclosed should not be made public or the person doing so may have consequences bestowed on him/her!!!

Pretty sure I sent you some stuff you can use via PM and follow on Email?

So when you say ONE person helped you... pretty sure it was two!

Make sense now?

The dynamics here are a cause and effect... Sometimes the cause is not worth the effect!

Bob
    Last edited by finless; 05-22-2015 at 02:11 AM.
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come

Spyder Garage

Fin,

You did send me something, yes, however it didn't address my question on *this* thread. I hope it's helpful for future projects though, and appreciate it for sure.

Your message on the thread did absolutely nothing to help or address my question...

No, nothing was sold, nor any money exchanged. Just someone trying to actually help me with the question I posted. No trade secrets were exposed, and what I do with the information is totally at my own risk.

So no, it doesn't make any sense why folks are going off-topic on a thread about a very specific question about my new RT, but I'm done responding to them in public.

-Fratz

Spyder Garage

So no, it doesn't make any sense why folks are going off-topic on a thread about a very specific question about my new RT, but I'm done responding to them in public.

-Fratz
    It doesn't make sense your correct.... Maybe you will understand later which is why I sent you info that is not posted here.

Have a good one...

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    I replied to your post.

Spyder Garage

Fin,

Your message on the thread did absolutely nothing to help or address my question...
    ...So no, it doesn't make any sense why folks are going off-topic on a thread about a very specific question about my new RT, but I'm done responding to them in public.

-Fratz
    Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    The dynamics here are a cause and effect... Sometimes the cause is not worth the effect!

Bob
    Fratz,

Bob did not go off-topic, so your concern must be addressing my post. So here's my response to your "new" question.... The PM, which didn't even need to be mentioned in public, did absolutely nothing to help anyone else here. PM's are a useful tool, when something needs to be kept private. But this IS a public forum, so when it's announced in public that the main topic has "gone private" that's frustrating to everyone else. That's why I went off-topic.

Also, since you are new to this forum, let me take this opportunity to wish you a warm welcome, as many other folks will in future threads. But I hope you'll forgive me if that comes with just a little advice. This forum is MOSTLY about answering questions and sharing knowledge. But it's also a little about having some fun with old friends and new ones. As a new Spyder owner, you'll have lots of questions, and you will benefit greatly from the answers and interactions that you find here. In fact, the guy you were just arguing with, finless, is one of the most generous with quality help for new and experienced owners alike. You will likely benefit from your partticipation here to a MUCH greater extent, if you come off just a little less hostile.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-22-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA