Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default State wide meet and greet in Boone, N.C.

Is anyone on here going to the statewide meet and greet in Boone, N.C. from 5/22-5/25? I had totally forgotten about this until I got a reminder notification on facebook. I really had no major plans, and it sounds like a good chance to meet some other spyder riders. Since I have a daughter in Boone at App. State, it should be pretty fun.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I plan to ride with you. Should be nice ride.

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE

Spyder Garage

Would love too, but school is still in session. we have a cabin in Boone. Love the area.
    2016 F3T SE Pearl White
    Purple powder coated wheels
    Performance sway bar
    LED headlights and fog lights
    Short Reach handlebars
    2010 RT A/C SE traded in

Spyder Garage

Where in Boone is this going to be held? Send me some info if you can.

Spyder Garage

I'm not far from Boone. Where will this be at? It is a wonderful area for riding and sight seeing (including the Blue Ridge Parkway). I ride in that area very often.
    Last edited by StanProff; 05-21-2015 at 09:10 PM.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here is a copy of the information that is posted on facebook. I have ridden all of these, and they are all great. Number 1 and 3 I did on the spyder last fall and on a M109R, a Kawasaki zzr600, and a Kawasaki zzr1200. I have never ridden the snake on the spyder, and think it will be fun, but I may need to do that when the wife isn't with me. Either way, it sounds like a couple of fun days of riding.

Here are the group rides being offered at the Meet and Greet this weekend. They are listed in order of difficulty with one ( 1 ) being the least difficult and three ( 3 ) being the most difficult. Please look over them and be deciding which one you would like to go on so we can get you lined up correctly as soon as you get to Boone Mall for the ride staging. Pre Ride Meeting is at 9:30 with KSU at 9:45 sharp! FILL YOUR TANKS BEFORE ARRIVING at Boone Mall!!! Weather is sup...posed to be perfect this weekend with highs in the low to mid 70's so we are looking forward to seeing you all this weekend! smile emoticon
    1. Blue Ridge Parkway from Boone to Asheville with a stop at Mount Mitchell for lunch. BRING CASH WITH YOU! Their credit/debit system is not always working. This ride will be approximately 110 miles.
    2. 421 The Snake with a loop around Watauga Lake on 321. There will be a BBQ lunch stop in Elizabethton. This ride will be approximately 100 miles.
    3. The Devil's Whip (NC 80) and Diamondback (NC 226A) Loop. There will be a BBQ lunch stop in Marion. This ride will be approximately 100 miles long.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white