Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3S passenger floorboards loose

Just added a bunch of accessories today including both driver and passenger floorboards. Love the driver boards but the passenger boards both fell down on the drive home from the dealer. Anyone else have this problem or have a suggestion to tighten them. The dealer tech and service manager had no suggestions and said mine was the first F3 to add them and said other models aren't that loose. Suggestions???

Spyder Garage

I had the same problem and the dealer added a washer between the foot board and mount. This applying more pressure to the rubber grommet. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432166480.986642.jpg
    Not sure how or if the washer was modified to adapt to the brass threaded receiver for the two bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rditsch View Post
    I had the same problem and the dealer added a washer between the foot board and mount. This applying more pressure to the rubber grommet. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432166480.986642.jpg
    Not sure how or if the washer was modified to adapt to the brass threaded receiver for the two bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Being new to the Spyder world is seems BRP has little scare about the quality control/ design of their products..., really sad to see. I hope the bike itself had better thought into it

mark
    Last edited by Nyparrothead; 05-21-2015 at 09:10 AM.
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Floorboards

Quote Originally Posted by Blickdave View Post
    Just added a bunch of accessories today including both driver and passenger floorboards. Love the driver boards but the passenger boards both fell down on the drive home from the dealer. Anyone else have this problem or have a suggestion to tighten them. The dealer tech and service manager had no suggestions and said mine was the first F3 to add them and said other models aren't that loose. Suggestions???
    There is a pin on the floorboard brackets that fit around the frame. there is also a hole in the backside of the frame to accept this pin. I suspect the floorboards were installed without making sure the pin met the hole.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks fixit, I'll check out the pin situation and ask the tech about a washer too. I tried tightening them and made some slight improvement so I'm guessing your washer idea will work.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered Users mikedoucette66's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mine does the same thing won't stay up at all...and it seems like the passenger footboards are way to big...like square blocks horrible looking if you ask me... disappointing from a design stand point

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And yet; you still bought them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users mikedoucette66's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    And yet; you still bought them?
    Bob, firstly I didn't know they were going to flop down and not stay up before we purchased them... It is also the first F3 here in the Fredericton NB area, didn't see what they actually looked like on an actual F3. It was more of a comfort level for my wife riding on it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry! I guess that I misunderstand your previous post. It sounded as if you weren't happy with the looks of them right from the very start...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black