Spyder Garage

Default OEM ,CORBIN,ULTIMATE

Some observations and opinions. First off most can agree the OEM seat feels great sitting in the showroom. However after about 80 miles the pain starts. Note the 2014 seat is an improvement over the 2012. Corbin seatwas on my 2014 and I loved it however the wife felt it was too hard and did not care for the back rest always in the way.so when I got the 2014 i purchased the ultimate seat. Much better than stock but I still prefer Corbin comfort. However since the wife likes it more we will be keeping it.the ultimate seems to be a little bit thicker and massy than the Corbin. But it is nice to just pop out the backrest when the wife goes.backrest note.the corbin IMHO IS A BIT more comfortable with more adjustment available. Hope this helps others looking.
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mob133 View Post
    Some observations and opinions. First off most can agree the OEM seat feels great sitting in the showroom. However after about 80 miles the pain starts. Note the 2014 seat is an improvement over the 2012. Corbin seatwas on my 2014 and I loved it however the wife felt it was too hard and did not care for the back rest always in the way.so when I got the 2014 i purchased the ultimate seat. Much better than stock but I still prefer Corbin comfort. However since the wife likes it more we will be keeping it.the ultimate seems to be a little bit thicker and massy than the Corbin. But it is nice to just pop out the backrest when the wife goes.backrest note.the corbin IMHO IS A BIT more comfortable with more adjustment available. Hope this helps others looking.

Love my Ultimate Seat - Experienced quite a bit of hip pain with the stock seat even when riding as few as 30 miles! I have very little discomfort with the Ultimate, I no longer have to stop every 20 minutes to stretch.

Spyder Garage

You are right on. I have experienced the same with OEM and Corbin.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you want to make your wife happy, popoff the rear pass. seat section of your Corbin seat and install one of my
    Gel seat inserts see photos here and on my website... she will love it only 79.95 and you can do it yourself...
    and while your there add the seat heater... at $75.95 this is all do it your self projects YOU CAN DO...
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

[
    Thanks for that info Dave, i did not know that was a posibility .however is old the corbin with the2012 so i woll
    Keep in mind should iget another
    QUOTE=Motorcycledave;979249]If you want to make your wife happy, popoff the rear pass. seat section of your Corbin seat and install one of my
    Gel seat inserts see photos here and on my website... she will love it only 79.95 and you can do it yourself...
    and while your there add the seat heater... at $75.95 this is all do it your self projects YOU CAN DO...
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    [/QUOTE]
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Spyder Garage

My Corbin and rider backrest (no passenger as wife is happy with what she's got) just arrived today for my 2014 RT-S.
    So cannot comment, BUT since I ride full time (except in downpours) and the wife only 2-3X a month, you obviously know where my mind was at (sorry Honey).
    The workmanship was top-notch and actually arrived 2 weeks earlier then quoted.

I've had Ultimate and Mustang on my ElectraGlides and I preferred the Mustang. Alas non-existant for the Spyder - lol.

It's never been a matter of my butt, but lower back support. So if the Corbin can give me that support great. Everything else I get will be a "bonus!"

Also as a "new" Corbin owner appreciate your perspective!

AJ

Last edited by PaladinLV; 05-21-2015 at 12:57 AM.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Des makes a great seat and has great customer service. You did good.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up UPDATE

Seat installed, backrest installed.

Only a few (50) miles on it, but can immediately tell this is going to work!

I only wish the angle of the post could be adjusted to bring the WHOLE backrest forward or back. But knew what I was getting in advance

Now to take her out for a "real" test!

And DAMN it's a heavy sucker!

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    My Corbin and rider backrest (no passenger as wife is happy with what she's got) just arrived today for my 2014 RT-S.
    So cannot comment, BUT since I ride full time (except in downpours) and the wife only 2-3X a month, you obviously know where my mind was at (sorry Honey).
    The workmanship was top-notch and actually arrived 2 weeks earlier then quoted.

I've had Ultimate and Mustang on my ElectraGlides and I preferred the Mustang. Alas non-existant for the Spyder - lol.

It's never been a matter of my butt, but lower back support. So if the Corbin can give me that support great. Everything else I get will be a "bonus!"

Also as a "new" Corbin owner appreciate your perspective!

AJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PaladinLV; 05-22-2015 at 04:03 PM.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

www.Hartcoseats.com makes a custom seat we like. We love the "no wet underwear on hot days" marine grade fabric on ours.

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE