Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder at bike night

The wife and I decided to take the spyder to a local bike night, their first of the year and usually pretty much Harley's and cruisers. We got there and before I could even back into my parking spot I had 2 people lined up to check it out and 1 woman sitting on it telling her husband he needed to buy it for her, she loved it and said she was tired of dropping her bike.
    the only thing I still have an issue with is the hardcore HD crowd that shoots dirty looks and just don't get it, they look down on me like I can't ride and don't deserve to be there

Very Active Member Bam Bam and Pebbles's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sorry for using initials, but.....

F.E.I.T.C.T.A.J. Hint...The last 6 stand for...... if they can't take a joke.
    Last edited by Bam Bam and Pebbles; 05-18-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Current Ride
    2015 RT-S SM6 Cocaine
    Pearl White
    Diamond R Web Armrests
    Shorty Windshield

Previous Ride
    2012 RT SM5 The Beast
    Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

It all has to do with jealousy, envy, and that fact the makes you a rock star.

Don't worry about what others think. We don't need a specific motorcycle to make us a rider or not.

I never disrespect another's ride--but that's just me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have had a lot of comments from HD riders and most of them are positive. I have even been asked to ride with some of them. I think their pride and macho attitude get in the way sometimes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you need public approval for your bike; you might need a different hobby.

...Or a whole lot of different bikes!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you need public approval for your bike; you might need a different hobby.

...Or a whole lot of different bikes!
    That is well put Bob.

As I have said in the past the TRUE hardcore older HD drivers are cool and curious. The younger "yuppy types" (although that is an old generalization) are into defining themselves by the bike they ride. That is sad.

I will continue to enjoy my positive ryde and let others enjoy their negative lives.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

I agree 100%

Spyder Garage

maybe i didnt say this, i dont care what other people think because now my wife rides with me every day and thats what i want but i just find people to be so stuck in thier ways its funny

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i know i'm cool, don't care what others think

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's cool.
    The problem is theirs: not yours!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i know i'm cool, don't care what others think
    Never met you so I take you at your word. HOWEVER, that yellow is real cool.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

had our new f3s at chatterbox for first bike night of the season, two weeks ago. well over 150 bikes there. it got picked as bike of the night. i really don't care what harley guys think, i'd rather be riding our spyder!!

Spyder Garage

I never worried about the "Fantasy World of Harley Davidson" in 58 years of two wheel riding. Never cared for the uniforms.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kwalsh View Post
    The wife and I decided to take the spyder to a local bike night, their first of the year and usually pretty much Harley's and cruisers. We got there and before I could even back into my parking spot I had 2 people lined up to check it out and 1 woman sitting on it telling her husband he needed to buy it for her, she loved it and said she was tired of dropping her bike.
    the only thing I still have an issue with is the hardcore HD crowd that shoots dirty looks and just don't get it, they look down on me like I can't ride and don't deserve to be there
    The HD fateful don't even accept the V Rod, so don;t worry about them.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Rode "Metric" bikes for years the hardcore HDer will look down on them also. But, DILLIGAF ? Nope.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    had our new f3s at chatterbox for first bike night of the season, two weeks ago. well over 150 bikes there. it got picked as bike of the night. i really don't care what harley guys think, i'd rather be riding our spyder!!

Spyder Garage

So how do they treat someone on a Harley Trike?
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Like they say....

You can please all of the people some of the time.

You can please some of the people all of the time.

But you CAN'T please all of the people, all of the time.

Personally, as long as I am pleased with my ride, the rest is just gravy!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

A few years ago when I still had my 2008 GS I ran across a young man in his early 20's riding a Gray and black RS similar to mine. He was stopped in a parking lot so I turned around and rode back to chat with him.
    He said he was selling the Spyder because all his friends had HD's and made fun of him. I told him if he enjoys the ride... then keep it, etc. Showed him all the mods I had done to make mine bad a$$. I took his name and number down and told him if I ran across anyone looking for a Spyder I'd send them his way.

About 6 weeks later I found out he did get rid of the Spyder and bought an HD, which he crashed into a street sign only going around 30 mph. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Don't give in to peer pressure. Ride what you like.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Hey Just Maybe

We don't get too many comments from Harley Riders, they actually like what we Ryde. Maybe that is New York attitude, not Harley Attitude. You know what they say 1/2 of all Harley's made are still on the road. The rest mad ie home!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's all keep in mind that Spydaman60's new F-3 just took "Best Bike" down at the Chatterbox bike night, and there were over 150 bikes in attendance!

Spyder Garage

I get lots of stares when I go to the bike night too. I totally understand it though. Spyders are a rare sighting around here and they're actually pretty ugly looking.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Personally, I have never had any HD hard core people disrespect my 's. Have received nods of approval, and close looks.

We went into a roadhouse for lunch one Saturday. There were about 10 or so HD's parked in front. We went in as usual, and found the local contingent of Hells Angels--patches and all.

They were in the bar and could see our bikes and our riding vests with pins, etc. I thought we may be in a bit of trouble. No problem, they left us alone. They finished their drinks before us, and gave us a look over as they were leaving. We received a couple nods, which we returned. A couple of the riders actually went and gave our 's a good look over before they left.

For those who are technical, we are careful not to put patches in the "gang way." No main patch with top rocker and bottom rocker. 1% clubs get offended over that subject.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-19-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I did not buy my Spyder to be a part of a group, be accepted or to show off (well maybe show off a little). I bought it because I like it, think it is cool and my wife and I enjoy riding together.

Spyder Garage

I loved my HD...it was a thing of beauty in my eyes. It was all about the bike not about The Wanna Be 1%ers in their biker uniforms. I have back paddled my HD in reverse more miles then many of them have gone forward. Now a careless cage driver ended my two wheel days. My Spyder has filled the void and enriched my life. I too got snubbed at a local bike night. I just smiled too myself and road off into the sunset. I forgive them for their self centred ignorance.
    Last edited by Buggy; 05-19-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White