Spyder Garage

Default How to adjust headlights on a ST 2013

I just had Elka Shocks put on and my headlights are blinding on coming traffic. How do you adjust them and which do way do you turn it Clockwise or counter Clockwise?

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

You need to get a #4 phillips screw driver minimum 8 inch long shaft. That is a rare beast, not available in most stores. Do not remember the direction to turn but you will quickly figure it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    You need to get a #4 phillips screw driver minimum 8 inch long shaft. That is a rare beast, not available in most stores. Do not remember the direction to turn but you will quickly figure it out.
    Thanks I'll go and try it!

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Default Adjustments...

clockwise brings the light up counter clockwise down. Best way to adjust is 35' from a wall with your weight on the spyders passenger seat. If you ryde mostly solo put the weight on the driver seat.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    Thanks I'll go and try it!
    I have to repeat you have to have a # 4 Phillips. You could strip the gear if not.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies, I just order it from the Ace Hardware store.

Spyder Garage

Update on my Light adj.... I had to order a new one I nor my shop I go to were unable to adj it. They ordered a new one I also ask about the heat problem the 2013 ST has an they order the new heat management kit for it. I got my spyder back yesterdY an it is nice now, oh it was all covered under my extended warranty $1,213.88 Thank you Thank you Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
    Update on my Light adj.... I had to order a new one I nor my shop I go to were unable to adj it. They ordered a new one I also ask about the heat problem the 2013 ST has an they order the new heat management kit for it. I got my spyder back yesterdY an it is nice now, oh it was all covered under my extended warranty $1,213.88 Thank you Thank you Thank you.
    I'm having the same issue. The adjustment screw is not visible or reachable from the front vent. Maybe there was a difference on some of the early 2013 ST-S models. I can see the lower section of the gear but there is no way a #4 head will fit into the slot available. Unless you are supposed to push in real hard to engage the gear at the bottom. I don't want to chance breaking it so I'm not going to try that. I will update this if I find a solution.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Hawk View Post
    I'm having the same issue. The adjustment screw is not visible or reachable from the front vent. Maybe there was a difference on some of the early 2013 ST-S models. I can see the lower section of the gear but there is no way a #4 head will fit into the slot available. Unless you are supposed to push in real hard to engage the gear at the bottom. I don't want to chance breaking it so I'm not going to try that. I will update this if I find a solution.
    The problem is you are looking for a adjustment screw. There is none. It's a gear that the edges of the #4 Screwdriver mesh with. As you can see from one of my pictures there is a channel on the bottom of the light housing that will guide the screwdriver right into the adjustment hole. No need to even see it.

2018 F3 LIMITED