Thread: BajaRon

Spyder Garage

Post BajaRon

I have a F3. If you have installed a BajaRon bar on your F3 how much difference did it make ? Do you think it is worth the cost ? Also any input on how good the heated grips work would be helpful.

Thanks,

TnCharlie

Spyder Garage

heated grips are great -- they're only ON or OFF, and the heat produced is between the low heat and the high heat on the RT model if you're familiar with that.

I've never felt the need to add any additional or different sway bar on my spyders. I had my front shocks set to the stiffest setting on the RT and felt that was good enough and the F3 (I do have the upgraded front shocks) handles much better than that around curves. Most of my riding is twisties. Don't know if this helps though since lots of people swear by the sway bars. I guess I'm in the minority.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default The norm...

best thing is to ryde it till your comfortable and able to push it a little harder and see if you feel the need for better handling. The F3 has improved handling capabilities and if you don't feel you want to go faster you really may see any difference. So ryde, ryde, ryde... then decide for yourself.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I put Rons bar on mine live in mountains makes a big difference

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyderpops wife, Terri, put one on her F3. She said it made a big difference.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

How much flex do those plastic dogbones (?) that the OEM swaybar is attached to have?

Spyder Garage

Default Me too!

I also have the F3 and am a total newbie to motorcycles or Spyders. I have a whole 300 miles on mine. There would be more except Vegas is so freakin hot right now that riding is rough. Coming home from work and going through traffic my temp gauge read 113 at times today. Because I am so new I don't know if I need this upgrade either. I'm going to ryde for awhile before I make that decision. Right now I'm happy with the performance. I will be doing the spyderpops bumps skid.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In my experence you either need to upgrade the shocks or install the BajaRon swaybar. On my RS i install the Elka's first and notice a big difference later I installed the BajaRon swaybar and I did not notice much difference. Doing both wont hurt either but I have a F3 now and I purchased the BajaRon swaybar because its a cheaper mod. I have not had it intalled. I have to wait for a friend that has the time to do it. I dont have the right jacks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought Ron's sway bar right after I bought the F3S. I think it is worth every penny. Absolutely no sway in cross winds.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    I bought Ron's sway bar right after I bought the F3S. I think it is worth every penny. Absolutely no sway in cross winds.
    I'm glad you're happy with it. I'm not trying to cause trouble or argue but if you put it on right away without ever experiencing the F3 without it, how would you know that it made a difference? I drive in high winds all the time and there's not much sway in the wind without the swaybar. I say not much rather than "no" because we can have 30-40 mph sustained wind with 70-90+ mph gusts. If you get hit with one of those, you notice it no matter what you've got going on underneath you.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My last Spyder was 2011 RS-S. I had Ron's sway bar, 2011 RT shocks set on the hardest setting, and thought it handled fantastic. The F3S rides much better. But on the way home from the dealership, I realized I needed the sway bar to stiffen the steering that I had become accustomed to. I just like the way the sway bar improves the over all handling. This the best bike I have ever owned. My wife just bought her F3S and says it is the most fun bike she has ever ridden. She hasn't put on the sway bar, but I think she will soon (her GS was set up just like my RSS).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    My last Spyder was 2011 RS-S. I had Ron's sway bar, 2011 RT shocks set on the hardest setting, and thought it handled fantastic. The F3S rides much better. But on the way home from the dealership, I realized I needed the sway bar to stiffen the steering that I had become accustomed to. I just like the way the sway bar improves the over all handling. This the best bike I have ever owned. My wife just bought her F3S and says it is the most fun bike she has ever ridden. She hasn't put on the sway bar, but I think she will soon (her GS was set up just like my RSS).
    That's great that Frenchie bought one too! Have fun.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VegaSpyder View Post
    I also have the F3 and am a total newbie to motorcycles or Spyders. I have a whole 300 miles on mine. There would be more except Vegas is so freakin hot right now that riding is rough. Coming home from work and going through traffic my temp gauge read 113 at times today. Because I am so new I don't know if I need this upgrade either. I'm going to ryde for awhile before I make that decision. Right now I'm happy with the performance. I will be doing the spyderpops bumps skid.
    If you decide to put on the sway bar and need someone to install it for you let me know. We install bumpskids also. Are you riding with our Spyder Ryders of America group tomorrow? We meet at ProShop in Henderson at 9:00 am and are riding to Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings. I hope to see you there.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I rode it about a 1k miles. I feel the loosy goosy on the uneven roads and the turns. My RS with the upgraded shocks and swaybar did not have that feeling. I like the ride better with it planted feeling of the road. Do you have to do these upgrades? absolutely not. It is just a preference.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As CuznJohn said:

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I upgraded from an RS-S to an F3-S. Ron's SwayBar on the RS-S was a necessity IMHO as it improved the handling immeasurably.
    On the F3-S I have done a bit over 3000 miles and the RonBar, as good as it is, may be fitted in the future. The stock F3 goes round corners
    very well.

From stock the two models cannot be compared, the F3 is so far ahead of the RS it's in a different league! I ride fast and as anyone who has
    ridden in the UK will know we have curves which rival any in the world, the roads are narrow and if you make an error you're in real trouble.

I will stick with stock at the moment. At the next service, next year, I'll have the links checked.....if they show any signs of distortion I'll be getting
    Ron's links and bar.

Spyder Garage

BajaRon report.
    I had already put about 5000 miles on the F3 when I replaced the bar so I was use to the feel. I put Ron's bar on Friday and have ridden the Dragon and the Cherohala Sky Way plus 500 miles around here.

MONEY WELL SPENT. This works better than I had hoped.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

where do you by the bars from????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think there are various sites that sell them but I purchased mine here.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Ba...ayBarKits.aspx