Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

The Pizza place in East Stroudsburg, PA is only two hours away from me. See you there!

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Glad to see this picking up steam. We have a good group that have contacted me about joining along the way. Thanks for your support.
    Lamont, I am joining the group on the night of June 8th in Roanoake, VA and riding with the group to Asheville on the 9th. I will be spending the night there then on the 10th I am thinking about doing the tail of the Dragon. Then to Johnson City where I will pick up US 23 and start heading towards Michigan. Where is Hellbender? I have been on the Snake a few times, but I've never heard of Hellbender.

Thanks
    ToM
    SpyderFest '16

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChildhood View Post
    Lamont, I am joining the group on the night of June 8th in Roanoake, VA and riding with the group to Asheville on the 9th. I will be spending the night there then on the 10th I am thinking about doing the tail of the Dragon. Then to Johnson City where I will pick up US 23 and start heading towards Michigan. Where is Hellbender? I have been on the Snake a few times, but I've never heard of Hellbender.

Thanks
    ToM
    SpyderFest '16

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/42...bender-28.html

Spyder Garage

I may be able to meet up in E Stroudsburg and ride for a bit through PA. Too bad not a day earlier. My son lives near Harrisburg and works for the PA National Guard. Would have spent Saturday night at his place.
    2012 RT-SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ...Just look for the heavy "infestation" of Spyders on the highway!

lol ....

Spyder Garage

Since you are stopping at Walter Reed, there is no way to avoid it, so please, be very careful on the Washington DC Beltway. The drivers are, for the most part, arrogant, aggressive, and dangerous . . . they spend more time texting than looking out the window, and the roads are in terrible condition . . . they wear out from traffic almost as fast as they get repaired.

Keeping a large group together will be very difficult, so make sure you have a meetup point set up, perhaps after you get off I-66 in Gainesville, VA . . . there are several strip malls on the north (right) side of the road that would work. Anyplace before there and you would be fighting the same sort of traffic and aggressive drivers . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    ... Washington DC Beltway...
    Just the thought of it sends a shiver down the spine.

Spyder Garage

Default Rushing up to meet the group - taking it easy going to Key West!

BikerDoc and I are looking forward to joining everyone on this great adventure - after a good night's sleep, of course!

https://www.crowdrise.com/2015RoadWa...er/dougchasick

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Lamont & Joan

Looking forward to joining the group in Bennington VT. We also will be at Americade. Couldn't more proud to join our Men and Women who gave so much for all of us.
    We will ride down with you till Lagrange, NY. Then we will meet you the next day at Bear Mt and will ride until we hit Port Jervis. Then we must head back home. Ride safe everyone.

Rob & Diane

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

• June 9 Roanoke, VA to Asheville, NC via the Blueridge Pkwy

Todays leg is sponsored by Spyderfest!! The route will tour arguably the most beautiful riding road in North America, the Blueridge Parkway. We start out in Roanoke, VA and high tail down the parkway into Asheville, NC
      0730- Depart Roanoke, VA (178 Miles)
      1200- Lunch/Gas stop planned Blowing Rock, NC
      1330-Depart Blowing Rock (93 Miles)
      1600- Arrive Asheville, NC
      Ride Ambassador: Spyderfest!
      Hotel: Springhill Suites, Asheville
      Link to Google Maps: Roanoke to Asheville

Joan and I will be splitting off from the group from there and I plan on showing Joan around my old stomping grounds. I'm going to take her by Wheels Through Time so she can meet my friends Dale and Matt Walksler. From there we will ride the Hellbender to the Dragon and then ride the Rattler to Johnson City where we will stay the night. In the morning I think we will ride the Snake and then head back toward Springfield. Joan will be on the 2014 RT-S with trailer and it will have a new look as of today. I'm pulling off all the Route 66 wrap and doing something really cool, or at least I think it's cool. I hated the last wrap I had on it. Joan will be able to pack our gear and we will swap bikes as I'll be on the F3 and she love riding it.

If you want to join us that would be cool. We can't stop and visit because we are on a time constraint but you have the routes so looks us up.

If you want to join the vets on the last leg here, the link to that. http://www.roadwarrior.org/events

It's going to be a great riding season
    We just finished a part of this route today from Boone to Asheboro (we actually turned around at Mt. Mitchell and went back to Boone due to a shortage of time).
    We will be in the Maggie Valley area near the time that you are there, but we will be a day too early. A number of us from the M109 community (remember that bike) still do our Pre-meet in Maggie Valley for 4-5 days there. This year it will be from 6/10-6/14. Although about 1/2 of us have moved onto other bikes, the brotherhood grew so strong that we just can't be kept apart. This year there will be 4 spyders in the group of M109's. Have fun Lamont, and maybe one day we will get a chance to meet.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Just asking ?

I'm at work talking with the guys they all seem interested in joining the Vets for the ride from Bear Mt. Is this ride just limited to the Spyder family or can anyone join in and show support for the ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ROB K View Post
    Just asking ?

I'm at work talking with the guys they all seem interested in joining the Vets for the ride from Bear Mt. Is this ride just limited to the Spyder family or can anyone join in and show support for the ride.
    Anyone is welcome and we have some bike only clubs joining us. We would love to have you with.

Looks like Joan and I may leave Sunday and take it easy on the way up. Looking forward to a road trip with my gal and the first long ride on my F3.

Spyder Garage

Ride from Concord to Bear Mountain. I got in touch with one of the ride captains from the warriors. He said that they wont be stopping in Bennington VT. They will be having lunch at Lime Rock Park in CT. then off to Bear Mountain. I will take the ride up to Lime Rock and meet them. Then day 3 we have a group who will meet at Bear Mountain for the next leg of the trip.

Ride Safe

Spyder Garage

Default Day 2

Am I correct in assuming day two will pass through Northhampton, MA? Thinking if I head up from Hartford in the morning I could intercept the group as they pass through.
    Robert G.

Suzuki Burgman 400, Can-Am Spyder RS

Spyder Garage

Default Day 2

"June 6 Concord, NH to Bear Mountain, NY

The route will traverse NH, VT and NY through the Green Mountain National Forest bypassing the NY state capital to follow the Hudson River down to Bear Mountain near West Point.
    0800- Depart Concord, NH (111 Miles)
    1100- Lunch/Gas stop planned Bennington, VT
    1230-Depart Bennington (147 Miles)
    1600- Arrive Bear Mountain, NY
    Ride Ambassador: Coming Soon
    Hotel: Bear Mountain Inn, Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Point-Fort Montgomery
    Link to Google Maps: Concord to Bear Mountain "

Your route/map goes no where near Bennington VT. Which is correct?
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Spyder Garage

I was planning to meet you as you came out of the DC area, onto I-66, but Topper is at the dealership for the recall, and I don't know when I will get it back . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

living vicariously through the ctions of others; don't I wish I had the time and the Spyder was back together to do this. Enjoy the ryding!
    RAVENZCLAW
    2011 RT-S SM5 Timeless Black
    Baja Ron Bar
    No Other Farkles

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have to cancel out on the trip I have severe case of bronchitis I've had my new 2015 RT-SS for a week and only managed to put 99 miles on it. I was really looking forward to riding the Blue Ridge with our heroes.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

If I can get out of Calgary, I will try to catch up to you all in your old stomping grounds.
    2017 F3- Limited

F4 23" Windshield, Ultimate Backrest, Spyder Cuff, SpyderPops Bump Guard, Sena SMH10 Intercom, BajaRon Sway Bar, Baker Cup Holder, RT-622 trailer w/Spyder Pops Bump Guard

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're still planning on meeting up with you guys on the 7th, in Monticello...
    We'll be blocking Rte. 42 down by the Monticello High School; you WON'T get past us!

I just realized; the NASCAR race is in Long Pond, PA on Sunday...
    ...You guys might just be hitting some interesting traffic patterns.
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 06-04-2015 at 09:04 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default At least across the Kancamagus Highway,

make sure you have some insect repellent for any stops you make. I crossed the Kanc yesterday and the black flies were out in force.
    Have a safe ride!
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Default question on the route

Getting really excited about our next big adventure. When Joan and I got married at Bikeweek in Daytona it wasn't really a ride for us even though we did some riding we spent more time in the truck.

In a few weeks we will be taking off June 1st and heading from Springfield MO to Valcourt Quebec to meet with the Road Warrior guys that are doing a ride to the Florida Keys with some disabled vets. Joan and I both love our vets and are really excited about this ride. Here's where we will be and when and we would love for you to jump in the group along the way and show your support for the vets and BRP as they are loaning them all Spyders for the ride. Looks like we might have a group for riders from Quebec joining us too. That's going to be cool.

• June 5th Valcourt, Quebec to Concord, NH

The route will tour many of the best riding roads in NE, skirting the VT border down into NH. Route includes the Mt. Washington auto road(weather permitting) and the stunning Kancamagus Hwy.
      0900- Depart BRP Factory (134 Miles)
      1200- Lunch/Gas stop planned Gorham. NH.
      1330-Depart Gorham, NH (153 Miles)
      1700- Arrive Concord, NH
      Hotel: Concord Courtyard
      Link to Google Maps: Valcourt to Concord

• June 6 Concord, NH to Bear Mountain, NY

The route will traverse NH, VT and NY through the Green Mountain National Forest bypassing the NY state capital to follow the Hudson River down to Bear Mountain near West Point.
      0800- Depart Concord, NH (111 Miles)
      1100- Lunch/Gas stop planned Bennington, VT
      1230-Depart Bennington (147 Miles)
      1600- Arrive Bear Mountain, NY
      Hotel: Bear Mountain Inn, Holiday Inn Express & Suites West Point-Fort Montgomery
      Link to Google Maps: Concord to Bear Mountain
    • June 7 Bear Mountain, NY to Harrisburg, PA

The route will depar the West Point area to the Northwest for Monticello NY, then dropping down into the Delaware State Forest enroute to the Poconos Mountains. Finally finishing up in the beautiful capital of the great state of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg.
      0900- Depart Bear Mountain(109 Miles)
      1115- Lunch/Gas stop planned East Stroudsburg, PA.
      1300-Depart East Stroudsburg, PA (126 Miles)
      1600- Arrive Harrisburg American Legion
      Ride Ambassador: Steve Berger Steve@RoadWarrior.org
      Hotel: TBD
      Link to Google Maps: Bear Mountain to Harrisburg

• June 8 Harrisburg, PA to Roanoake, VA via Walter Reed

Today we will depart PA for Walter Reed Military Hospital in Bethesda, MD. Following our lunch event in Bethesda, we will be hitting the interstate in an effort to get us out to Roanoake so we can ride the Blueridge the following day!
      0800- Depart Hershey, PA (125 Miles)
      1030- Lunch event at Walter Reed Hospital
      1300-Depart Bethesda, MD (153 Miles)
      1500-Gas Stop in Harrisonburg, VA
      1730- Arrive Roanoake, VA
      Ride Ambassador:
      Hotel: Coming Soon
      Link to Google Maps: Hershey to Roanoke
    • June 9 Roanoke, VA to Asheville, NC via the Blueridge Pkwy

Todays leg is sponsored by Spyderfest!! The route will tour arguably the most beautiful riding road in North America, the Blueridge Parkway. We start out in Roanoke, VA and high tail down the parkway into Asheville, NC
      0730- Depart Roanoke, VA (178 Miles)
      1200- Lunch/Gas stop planned Blowing Rock, NC
      1330-Depart Blowing Rock (93 Miles)
      1600- Arrive Asheville, NC
      Ride Ambassador: Spyderfest!
      Hotel: Springhill Suites, Asheville
      Link to Google Maps: Roanoke to Asheville

Joan and I will be splitting off from the group from there and I plan on showing Joan around my old stomping grounds. I'm going to take her by Wheels Through Time so she can meet my friends Dale and Matt Walksler. From there we will ride the Hellbender to the Dragon and then ride the Rattler to Johnson City where we will stay the night. In the morning I think we will ride the Snake and then head back toward Springfield. Joan will be on the 2014 RT-S with trailer and it will have a new look as of today. I'm pulling off all the Route 66 wrap and doing something really cool, or at least I think it's cool. I hated the last wrap I had on it. Joan will be able to pack our gear and we will swap bikes as I'll be on the F3 and she love riding it.

If you want to join us that would be cool. We can't stop and visit because we are on a time constraint but you have the routes so looks us up.

If you want to join the vets on the last leg here, the link to that. http://www.roadwarrior.org/events

It's going to be a great riding season
    Looking at the post to meet up with you tomorrow and the text does not match the google map, it says lunch in Bennington VT yet the route goes now where near? Can you help us out.

Spyder Garage

Look for Bob Denman and I at the Monticello H.S.. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've got an insulin pump calibration test to do at 8:50 am, and then I'm on the way!

Rick should also be joining us!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What a GREAT day for a ride!
    Tango, Sidearrick, and I, were met by just about 30 Spyders, and another half-dozen or so "leaners" in Monticello, at 10:30 am.
    The ride down Rte. 42 to Sparrowbush was real nice; very little traffic at all.
    (But the next time we do this; take the detour NORTH on Rte. 97 about two miles... You can buzz down through the Hawk's Nest.)
    Once we hit Rte. 209, the traffic picked up(as it always does!), but the ride down along the Delaware river was sunny, cool, and the scenery was beautiful!
    The noontime stop for lunch, was where we had to break away from the group...
    So even though our ride was cut short; it was a GREAT one!