Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demo Days

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How BIG of a place is that?

The Missus wasn't too keen on going to a place that had not much to interest her...
    We ended up riding up to Lake George and back in one day... a tidy 305 miles!
    I actually had a truck go by, with the passenger holding a sign up to the Window that said: "Nice Bike!"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

How was the attendance? I went to the BRP Demo last week near Allentown, PA, and it seemed poorly attended. About 2/3 of the demo bikes were used on each ride. I was able to ride twice, even though I was only signed up for one ride.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle mall demo days

I went today and each session was full. I really enjoyed the F3 and the route they planned out was really good. I have 1. Complaint and it had nothing to do with BRP. One idiot was riding the bike very foolishly. He kept slowing down to around 20mph (even on the highway ) and he was third in the line of around 12. So he could gun it and burn rubber. No he was not a kid either. I felt bad for the lady behind him and in front of me who was on a spyder for her first time . I mentioned to him he should be considerate of others and he looked as if he had no clue what I meant. Lol. With that said the event was great.
    Chris

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Just got back from Can Am Demo Day at Motorcycle Mall in Belleville NJ..here are my thoughts...
    Rode my 08 GS there..not so bad,almost all highway and light traffic there and back.
    The check in was easy. Watch a few videos and got set up on the F3 with paddle shifter. I just wanted to see the difference between my manual and the semi auto.
    My likes: I like the ryding position vs my GS.
    I kinda even liked the paddle shifter.
    The ryde was smoother and the auto downshifting upon braking was sorta strange at first, but I got use to it fairly quickly.

What I didn't like: The fact that I was warned not to return with a different ryde than I left with, lol! Having two sons,one in college and one in catholic high school, my wonderful wife had a point..

All in all I really liked the F3, but would like to test ryde the manual one. One of the others taking the ryde said the shifter position was odd for him, but I believe he rides a two wheeler.
    Now I just have to hit the Powerball. .a guy can dream..
    What time did you ride. I was in the 11:30 am group
    Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Details..

First, Bob..the place is pretty big. Spoke to a few employees who were real nice and not pushy at all.
    Gabbman..I was signed up for the 2:30 slot, and got there right around 2pm..and we had a a similar ryder in our group, directly behind me (I was behind the leader/instructor). Our group had 7 or 8 ryders.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gabbman View Post
    I went today and each session was full. I really enjoyed the F3 and the route they planned out was really good. I have 1. Complaint and it had nothing to do with BRP. One idiot was riding the bike very foolishly. He kept slowing down to around 20mph (even on the highway ) and he was third in the line of around 12. So he could gun it and burn rubber. No he was not a kid either. I felt bad for the lady behind him and in front of me who was on a spyder for her first time . I mentioned to him he should be considerate of others and he looked as if he had no clue what I meant. Lol. With that said the event was great.
    Hi gabbman, I may have been the lady you're referring to. I was in the 11:45am group Friday....you helped me with my jacket zippers. It was very nice to have met you.
    2015 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Gee, it's a small world, ain't it?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat