Spyder Garage

Default Anyone try a Dyno-Boost Adjustable Fuel Controller?

I found this and was wondering if anyone has tried it.
    Dyno-Boost Adjustable Fuel Controller Performance Chip Can-Am Spyder Roadster SE5

http://www.amazon.com/Dyno-Boost-Adjustable-Controller-Performance-Roadster/dp/B004TY6YSK
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

My only question on this and others is....if you are misguiding the ecu to a fixed data how will all the benefits they claim hold up when traveling into different data settings..?? Probably works great for local ryders but I prefer the ecu adjust my mixture as the data changes... Just me, folks I have the pipe, JT air filter, wires and plugs and ram airsystem and no controler...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It works well but you can do the same thing with a 4 dollar attenuators from RadioShack.
    It installs inline on one of the wires of ambient temp sensor and u can "attenuate" how much colder ecu think it is than actual temp. They also claim to have excellent O2 modifier but that part does not work. Now I do not know if any damage can occur thou, tricking ecu to think it's colder.

Best to go with power commander or 2bros. I think.

To address chupaca's concern, if you set the ambient temp to be at 50 and its actually 70 at that point and as day goes and temp rises to 90, ecu will still make adjustment so ambient temp reading may read something like 65(I don't remember exactly). It does not stay at consistent preset temp.
    Last edited by aka1004; 05-23-2015 at 01:22 PM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    My only question on this and others is....if you are misguiding the ecu to a fixed data how will all the benefits they claim hold up when traveling into different data settings..?? Probably works great for local ryders but I prefer the ecu adjust my mixture as the data changes... Just me, folks I have the pipe, JT air filter, wires and plugs and ram airsystem and no controler...
    Hello Chupaca,
    I see above & remember you made a ram air system. Where did you find the fans? & do you have pics of how you ran pipes to JT air filter? I did a cold air system but thinking of changing to ram air. Below are pics of how I ran my pipes to JT.
    Thanx much,
    Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..!!

Quote Originally Posted by figmotoday View Post
    Hello Chupaca,
    I see above & remember you made a ram air system. Where did you find the fans? & do you have pics of how you ran pipes to JT air filter? I did a cold air system but thinking of changing to ram air. Below are pics of how I ran my pipes to JT.
    Thanx much,
    Jon
    I went to cheapcycleparts.com and ordered the fog light frames and scoops.. (total about $120.00) currently running turbo fan from ebay (about $18.00) flex hose from local auto parts ($45.00) and the rest is home made.

original hoses were black. you may notice I ran the left side to the rear cylinder for better cooling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanx a ton Chupaca. I'm thinking of using parts of your mod to shift to ram.
    I know we have talked in the past & with similar mods of aftermarket muffler to open up flow & get rid of cat, JT air filter, BajaRon's plugs & wires, swarbar, & laser alignment. I've noticed improvements with 1/4 mile times, top speed, quickness, torque, hp, sound, throttle response, etc. No need for commander or juice box.

Any thoughts on any additional after market options for a little more performance such as aerocharger or other turbo options? My buddy Bjorn runs his business of installing aftermarket performance options for motorcycles & other motosports, he is checking into options & we are able to test mods on his dynometer system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry to jump your post but,

Quote Originally Posted by figmotoday View Post
    Thanx a ton Chupaca. I'm thinking of using parts of your mod to shift to ram.
    I know we have talked in the past & with similar mods of aftermarket muffler to open up flow & get rid of cat, JT air filter, BajaRon's plugs & wires, swarbar, & laser alignment. I've noticed improvements with 1/4 mile times, top speed, quickness, torque, hp, sound, throttle response, etc. No need for commander or juice box.

Any thoughts on any additional after market options for a little more performance such as aerocharger or other turbo options? My buddy Bjorn runs his business of installing aftermarket performance options for motorcycles & other motosports, he is checking into options & we are able to test mods on his dynometer system.
    I have a 2008 GS with a set of Aprilla high compression pistons, O2 modifer, new intake, Micron pipe, 140 hp. I raced a AeroCharger turbo set up a couple times 3 yrs ago at Spyderfest, beat it by 10 bike lengths in roughly 1/4 mile. AC reps were there, they were not happy. Have had this setup for 11,500 miles. This is how the Spyders should run!! This kit was developed by an engineer for one of the Aprilla race teams. He only made 3 kits-I should have bought all 3....Cam Am de-tuned the original 990 Aprilla motors for liability reasons.
    Bike is currently for sale in Minneapolis area.

Daniel

Spyder Garage

Thanx for jumping on post, Daniel. You gave very useful & cool info, thanx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Interesting
    I did a search for aprilla on Can Am and found an old thread on another forum. None of the links worked though.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I had a Power Commander 5 put on my wifes new Harley and it really Is fantastic! According to the site, they sell them for the Can AM Spyder. Anyone here tried one on their spyder?
    http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...r/Default.aspx
    http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...tes=3,64,12,69
    Last edited by AY4B; 06-25-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited