Spyder Garage

Default Spyder in the Smokies

Anyone going to Spyder in the Smokies October 22 thru 25? We've already registered, and made arraignments for camping at Bryson City at Smoky Mountain Meadows campground. Rode there today and checked out the campground. It's kind of a sacluded place, and off the beaton path, just like we want.

Hopefully we we can get a lot of people from North and South Carolina to show up.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

Cool Spydes in Smokeys

Were going already have reservations at lodge, had great time there last year , lots of people from last week at Myrtle are going also.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmMick View Post
    Anyone going to Spyder in the Smokies October 22 thru 25? We've already registered, and made arraignments for camping at Bryson City at Smoky Mountain Meadows campground. Rode there today and checked out the campground. It's kind of a sacluded place, and off the beaton path, just like we want.

Hopefully we we can get a lot of people from North and South Carolina to show up.

Did you know there is a small event going on just down the road from you....we are going...its in Landrum, SC

http://www.spydercomfort.com/dsblue.htm

Memorial day weekend....should be fun

Spyder Garage

Default Landrum

Just talked to Kristal about Spyder Blue Ridge, you have to e-mail her and she will give directions to rally( sales@spydercomfort.com) we will probably go to it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey Mick.
    Quick question. Ever done any flying out of a very small airport in Hendersonville?
    You might have run into David and Julie.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillybillyheaven View Post
    Did you know there is a small event going on just down the road from you....we are going...its in Landrum, SC

http://www.spydercomfort.com/dsblue.htm

Memorial day weekend....should be fun
    Thanks for the info! I didn't know it, but did send them and email. I plan on being there Saturday.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dsadowick View Post
    Hey Mick.
    Quick question. Ever done any flying out of a very small airport in Hendersonville?
    You might have run into David and Julie.
    Sure haven't. I only live about 5 miles from there.
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The old owner of the airport are cousins of mine. He taught flying out of the airport.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We are not from the Carolinas, but there are 4 of us, 2 Spyders, planning on being there. We have reservations at the Lodge. A friend of mine went last year and said it was great!!!! Hoping it will be the same this year!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly1952 View Post
    We are not from the Carolinas, but there are 4 of us, 2 Spyders, planning on being there. We have reservations at the Lodge. A friend of mine went last year and said it was great!!!! Hoping it will be the same this year!!!!
    Hopefully there will be a lot of us there! Should be a lot if fun. We're looking forward to it.

My niighbor and I ride to Blue Ridge Georgia today to get some BBQ at Joe's. Had a great ride. When we came back to where we parked there were 5 Spyders parked across from us. Anyone know who they were?
    2015 RT-S SE6
    USAF Retired 1973-1994

Support our Troops

Spyder Garage

We will also be there. We are coming down the weekend before to do some riding.
    I do plan on doing some riding during the week also during the event, Teresa said she will stay at the trailer if I want to go out with everyone.

We are staying in one of the Cabins.
    Rick
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

We are planning to be at Spyders in the Smokies October 22-23. Unfortunately, we can't stay for the BRP dinner Saturday night.

2014 Cognac RTS-SE6 & RT 622
    1993 Teal Gold Wing SE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leslee View Post
    We are planning to be at Spyders in the Smokies October 22-23. Unfortunately, we can't stay for the BRP dinner Saturday night.
    Well we signed up for the FREE DINNER paid for by BRP only to be told that we have to pay $15.00 each to pay for the room. Whaaa? Apparently BRP gave the free tickets to the organizer who won't give you one unless you buy the $15.00 "entertainment" ticket. We weren't planning on staying past the dinner since we are staying in a cabin 45 minutes away. Blackmail!

Spyder Garage

Default 4 spyders from GA

4 couples from The Wind Cruisers are going to Spyders in the Smokies, maybe more in the next month, going to have a small caravan from GA up to NC.
    Last edited by Hecam17; 08-19-2015 at 05:28 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Have never been to a Spyder event

After owning an '08 for four years and now have a '15 F-3, we are finally going to this one!
    As of right now, two Harleys and two Spyders from the Augusta area.
    Update
    Just reserved rooms........in Sweetwater, TN. Looks like a nice twisty ride to Fontana Dam area
    Last edited by GA-SPYDER; 08-30-2015 at 04:46 PM. Reason: hotel reservations

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

After trying for 5 months, I finally got the wife to say yes to this trip. I just made reservations this morning and am so excited.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Yep and we are one of them !

Quote Originally Posted by Hecam17 View Post
    4 couples from The Wind Cruisers are going to Spyders in the Smokies, maybe more in the next month, going to have a small caravan from GA up to NC.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robtdonna View Post
    Yep and we are one of them !
    Ride Leaders will be towing the 622 - liquor trailer, it's amazing what she gets in that trailer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=FLNaturist;1023621]Well we signed up for the FREE DINNER paid for by BRP only to be told that we have to pay $15.00 each to pay for the room. Whaaa? Apparently BRP gave the free tickets to the organizer who won't give you one unless you buy the $15.00 "entertainment" ticket. We weren't planning on staying past the dinner since we are staying in a cabin 45 minutes away. Blackmail![/QUOTE
    ]
    Is this the organizer who turned the Myrtle Beach event into a mess?????
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Smokies

The wife and I will be there, but I am going to "commute" since I live in Knoxville.

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=MikeT;1035583]
    Quote Originally Posted by FLNaturist View Post
    Well we signed up for the FREE DINNER paid for by BRP only to be told that we have to pay $15.00 each to pay for the room. Whaaa? Apparently BRP gave the free tickets to the organizer who won't give you one unless you buy the $15.00 "entertainment" ticket. We weren't planning on staying past the dinner since we are staying in a cabin 45 minutes away. Blackmail![/QUOTE
    ]
    Is this the organizer who turned the Myrtle Beach event into a mess?????

The same one. Don't get me going with what I think about this guy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FLNaturist View Post
    Well we signed up for the FREE DINNER paid for by BRP only to be told that we have to pay $15.00 each to pay for the room. Whaaa? Apparently BRP gave the free tickets to the organizer who won't give you one unless you buy the $15.00 "entertainment" ticket. We weren't planning on staying past the dinner since we are staying in a cabin 45 minutes away. Blackmail!
    Somebody should let BRP/ BRP rep know that this"highway robbery" is going on. A $15.00 "entertainment fee" does not make the dinner FREE. Did BRP give sponsorship money to this event???

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by maliamd View Post
    The same one. Don't get me going with what I think about this guy.
    You're not alone in this regard.