Spyder Garage

Default Considering Moving

Thinking about tailing my daughter and her family to the Wake Forest area of North Carolina. Any positive or negative comments would be appreciated. At 68 yrs this is a very major consideration. Thanks for your thoughts.

Gary

Spyder Garage

i have visited the area and it really looked like a nice place to stay. but i was only there for 3 days
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default GO FOR IT

Quote Originally Posted by M T Pockets View Post
    Thinking about tailing my daughter and her family to the Wake Forest area of North Carolina. Any positive or negative comments would be appreciated. At 68 yrs this is a very major consideration. Thanks for your thoughts.

Gary
    We'll be neighbors......sort of , I'm heading for N.E. Tenn..................ASAP......Mike

Spyder Garage

I was born and raised in the Northeast, PA, NY State, RI, and Maryland. We moved to North Carolina in 1979, and it is my favorite, so far.
    We have a good time when visiting other places, but we call North Carolina home.
    2012 RT LTD Lava Bronze, Ultimate seat, backrests and fuel door. Two Brothers Titanamium. Laser Alignment, Seals Floorboards. BajaRon Sway Bar and links, Spyderpops blockoff, Grilles, Missing Belt Guard, Bumpskid, Gold Wing Windshield Vent, Kewlmetal Helmet Locks, Rumbling Pride Flag Holders, Cup holders, Signal LED's on mirrors, Baker Built belt stabilizer, gremlin bell, Bad Boy air horn, TricLed 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th taillights and fender LED strips. RT-622 trailer, ........More to come.

Spyder Garage

Default Wake Forest

My son and daughter-in-law live there and they love it. It's a quaint little town, with eclectic shops in the downtown area. Plus, if you yearn for the big city action, you are less than a half hour ride to Raleigh and Durham. We have visited there many times. In addition, there are quite a few Spyder Riders there and a dealer in Durham.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Come no down! I live a few miles to the south in the Cary/Apex area. Wake Forest is a nice place to live. And like others have said, you are close to most anything that you would like to do in the Raleigh/Durham area. And yes, there are quite a few spyders in the area. Most are down towards southern Wake County tho. I have been in this area since 1998 and everything that I would like to do is within 20 minutes of where I live.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Great four seasons wx. Variety Vacation Land. Blue Ridge Parkway and all the great riding roads leading up to it. The Outer Banks for beach play. Oh yeah, year round riding.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M T Pockets View Post

Gary
    Will there be family left with you in CT? Daughter and her family moving would equal my "family" moving. And, to a very nice area. If able, do it. Good luck with your decision.

Spyder Garage

I moved to NC from IN 10 years ago for work and my kids followed me south. I know none of us will move back north!

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your comments, they are most appreciated.

Gary

Spyder Garage

Here it is 8 months later and 8 months closer! Scheduled closing January 15. Actually ending up with my daughter following me. The deal she had on her house fell through, so she will be tailing me. We will be relocating to Louisburg. I know, where is Louisburg? That's what I get from folks no matter where they are from. About 30 miles North of Raleigh. I'll up-date the thread as we move along. Happy New Year to all, or should I say ya'll

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mtdew57 View Post
    I moved to NC from IN 10 years ago for work and my kids followed me south. I know none of us will move back north!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I moved to Galax VA from the Tax and Regulate You to Death State of CT in 2011. Best thing I ever did.