Spyder Garage

Default Phoenix Highway Pegs

I am a short gal and I have a 2013 RT Limited. My legs hurt like HELL on a long trip. Anything over 4 hours and I'm stopping every hour to walk. I have searched and searched for highway pegs that would work for me. The Rivco won't. Not high enough. I'm now looking at having custom pegs made to attach to my floorboards. While searching I found these pegs at Cruising Customizing for $459. They would be worth the price IF they worked. I can't find a picture of them mounted and not 'mechanical' so my mind won't picture it. Does anyone here have these and how do they work? A picture is worth a thousand words If I don't respond right away....it's because I don't get notified I have a message. Anyway here are the pegs I'm talking about.

Phoenix Products Highway Peg Kit (Black Powder Coated)- Can Am Spyder RT Models (11- newer)

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I sat on a Spyder with those and I am pretty sure they will be too short for you as well. They basically are at the same height as the lower air deflectors.

Have you looked and Lamonster's NVB pegs as he has another add on bracket that raises the height more than any other highway pegs I have seen.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The strut that hooks between Lamont's bracket and pegs, is completely adjustable fore and aft.
    It also looks as if it'd be an easy one to copy in a longer or shorter version; if necessary...

EDIT: Sandy, I sent you a PM...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 05-07-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thank you Bob.....good info. I will contact Lamont and see what he says.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I sat on a Spyder with those and I am pretty sure they will be too short for you as well. They basically are at the same height as the lower air deflectors.

Have you looked and Lamonster's NVB pegs as he has another add on bracket that raises the height more than any other highway pegs I have seen.

Bob
    Thank you Bob. Thats exactly what I will look into. I'm getting ready for a 4 day trip the end of June, and after my last trip to the mountains....I KNOW I have to fix this. The pain makes it not worth the trip.

Spyder Garage

I think that you would be better off with Lamonts NBV Highway pegs with the extensions, less expensive and much better looking. Be sure to get the extensions so you can adjusted it to your liking.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

http://www.shopspyderlovers.com/highway-brackets/ Here is the link to Lamonster highway brackets. Like others have said completely adjustable .
    You can get the brackets that bolt on to your factory floorboards and install your choice of pegs or use Lamonster designed pegs.

Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs for ST

Does anyone make a highway peg system or kit for the Spyder ST. I rode an RT that had them and would love to get a set for my 2013 ST. All I can find are for the RT.
    2013 ST SE5
    2021 F3 Limited , Titanium

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by photophil33 View Post
    Does anyone make a highway peg system or kit for the Spyder ST. I rode an RT that had them and would love to get a set for my 2013 ST. All I can find are for the RT.
    Lamont does at shopspyderlovers.com

http://www.shopspyderlovers.com/highway-brackets-1/ St brackets for you and pegs to attach same as for RT but designed to fit ST

Spyder Garage

Default Lamont's

I have Lamont's NBV and love them. I installed them myself and I'm no mechanic. I don't have the extensions on mine but I have seen them on others and they look just as easy to put on.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    http://www.shopspyderlovers.com/highway-brackets/ Here is the link to Lamonster highway brackets. Like others have said completely adjustable .
    You can get the brackets that bolt on to your factory floorboards and install your choice of pegs or use Lamonster designed pegs.
    I would also like some highway pegs and I've had the NVB ones on my 2011 RTS. I would consider the FBBs with an extension.

I also have short legs, and besides getting pegs higher I would want them more inboard so they wouldn't be so wide. Do you think the pegs could be mounted backward/inboard to the bracket?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have heard of some folks mounting them like that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I would also like some highway pegs and I've had the NVB ones on my 2011 RTS. I would consider the FBBs with an extension.

I also have short legs, and besides getting pegs higher I would want them more inboard so they wouldn't be so wide. Do you think the pegs could be mounted backward/inboard to the bracket?
    Yes I have done it and works great..
    I added 1-1/2nch spacers and longer bolts.

Seen a post on this topic in this forum.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ok

Someone else on this forum did the same thing or similar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Ok

Someone else on this forum did the same thing or similar
    That would work, but I'd want them a few inches back and a few inches higher!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    That would work, but I'd want them a few inches back and a few inches higher!
    Ok then get Lamont's other floorboard brackets which are back farther..I find going any higher would not be comfortable to me but for others it maybe just right.

Keep in mind I set mine up the way I wanted it..Each person is different

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Patti,
    The positioning of the strut is completely up to you!
    Just tighten it down, when it feels right!

Spyder Garage

I did what Trikermutha did using Lamont's floor board peg set up. I had a chrome spacer and foot pegs from my wife's bike sitting on the self of left over parts. Put them to good use.
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I did what Trikermutha did using Lamont's floor board peg set up. I had a chrome spacer and foot pegs from my wife's bike sitting on the self of left over parts. Put them to good use.

I bent Lamonts tabs/eyes outward so they stop rubbing the plastic and made them more even than bent inward.

CARA @ RIVCO

If you are interested in trying our Rivco Highway mounts and pegs we do have an optional longer bracket to bring the pegs closer to you but the only problem you may run into is that the extender only comes in chrome and it looks like your bike is mostly black. Please call and speak to me directly if you have any questions on this my name is Brittney.