Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Personally, I think its nuts to go 9300mi on any motor, let alone one that also shares that oil with the transmission.
    Transmissions are super hard on oil and where most of the shearing comes from.
    One of our other bikes, a kawi klr650 is a nondiscriminating oil shearing machine. To the point where its 1500-2000 miles between oil changes!

Oil changes are cheap and easy guys....
    What's your definition of cheap? Pit Bull regular charge is $199. They charged me about $70 for labor to just change the oil. We didn't change the filters and I supplied the oil.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seriously? oil changes are super easy. IMHO- If your paying $200 for an oil change your getting robbed.....
    It costs $56 for the brp kit and takes about 20 minutes. The 1330 kit is $80??
    The procedure is really no more difficult than on a car.
    Last edited by DrewNJ; 05-24-2015 at 04:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Seriously? oil changes are super easy. IMHO- If your paying $200 for an oil change your getting robbed.....
    It costs $56 for the brp kit and takes about 20 minutes. The 1330 kit is $80??
    The procedure is really no more difficult than on a car.
    I would have changed it myself but I was at Spyderfest, not home, and didn't have any way to capture, and no place to dump, the old oil. Plus keep in mind many Spyder owners do not wish to, or don't have the means to, change their own oil. Pit Bull is well regarded by the forum community, but their labor rate is what it is, regardless of whether we like it or not. Akspyderman mentions $300 a pop for an oil change.

I believe your comment is somewhat condescending.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    just wondering why BRP chose 9300 miles. Don't believe they would put the 1330 in jeopardy just to quiet some complaints.
    Probably because they determined that some interval in the area of 15,000 km was good, say like 15,722 km. They rounded the number to some sensible looking 1000 km increment, which ended up being 15,000. Remember, these guys work in the metric system. 15,000 km converted to miles is 9300 miles, approximately. Hence the 9300 number.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Probably because they determined that some interval in the area of 15,000 km was good, say like 15,722 km. They rounded the number to some sensible looking 1000 km increment, which ended up being 15,000. Remember, these guys work in the metric system. 15,000 km converted to miles is 9300 miles, approximately. Hence the 9300 number.
    Thanks, but was not wondering about the specific number but rather the "long" interval.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I would have changed it myself but I was at Spyderfest, not home, and didn't have any way to capture, and no place to dump, the old oil. Plus keep in mind many Spyder owners do not wish to, or don't have the means to, change their own oil. Pit Bull is well regarded by the forum community, but their labor rate is what it is, regardless of whether we like it or not. Akspyderman mentions $300 a pop for an oil change.

I believe your comment is somewhat condescending.
    Call it whatever you want but the fact is that you, and anyone else, CHOOSES to pay $200+ for an oil change. When in reality, and getting back to my original point, is a simple and can be a very inexpensive service. No logical reason to run such extended service intervals....IMHO. Give your machine some lovin'....[emoji106]