Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Locking Ram Mount

I know many Spyder owners use Ram mounts to secure their equipment

This information was posted to me by a UK Supplier - Not sure if it's available on your side of the pond, But it may well be worth
    investigating the part no maybe just the one used by the UK Supplier, So you may need to contact your usual Ram supplier for details

If you use Ram Mounts, then you need this simple, cheap effective locking gizmo!

RAM Anti-Tamper

If you use RAM parts, you need this! Prevent easy removal of your Ram secured items using this fantastic (And Cheap!) mod from RAM:-)

The RAP-S-KNOB3 consists of a 1/4"-20 female threaded security knob and key knob. The RAP-S-KNOB3 replaces all knobs on 1" diameter B size arms and mounts. It offers the ideal amount of leverage to properly tighten your mount to prevent slippage in heavy chop or in extreme vibration environments. With an emphasis on aesthetics and function, the RAP-S-KNOB3 is low in profile and only adds a small amount of additional bulk to your system when compared to the standard knob included. At a fraction of the cost of currently available keyed locking knobs, the additional peace of mind and tamper resistance comes at a very affordable price. The RAP-S-KNOB3 is the perfect accessory for keeping your mounted electronic device safe from theft and tampering.

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

I have the locking mechanism from RAM; but, it is a huge knob with a key lock. I like the one you've shown much better.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Nice !!

but seems it only protects the neck assembly. Most go-pro's, phones and gps clip on to the neck. When you remove them not much interest in the neck alone. This is a nice clean set up, does one patteren fit all..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Not to be negative but trust me that if I wanted something sitting on a RAM mount, pretty sure with a good yank I can be off with it. If all the RAM parts were made of steal, then you might have something that cannot be ripped off.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black