Thread: Brakes

Spyder Garage

Default Brakes

I have a 14' RTS and it seems my pads are rubbing together while the bike it moving, when I am slowing down without hitting the brakes there will a point where they start to squeak a little bit. While driving at lower speeds where I can hear it seems it's almost as if the brakes are rubbing just enough create friction/noise. Bike has less than 900 miles.

Spyder Garage

Default Brakes

Sounds normal.

Spyder Garage

Default Little checking..!!

one quick check on the park brake. On the rear caliper you should have free play if you turn the park brake lever/disc towards the cable. This is the only ouside system that could be holding the brake pad too close. You would feel a drag either way if its only noise more than likely brake dust build up. You can wash that out or blow it out with compressed air...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

So a 28k bike has squeaky brakes? Oh my . I washed my bike last night and I did see a lot of dirt come out of the back one but it's still making it's noise. Any fixes?

Spyder Garage

try spraying some brake cleaner on them (not in your garage or driveway), then take it for a ride and put some pressure on your brakes in a few safe, but quick stops, to help eliminate the glazing.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

We talking on the pads and discs? I'm assuming the wheels don't have to come off?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    try spraying some brake cleaner on them (not in your garage or driveway), then take it for a ride and put some pressure on your brakes in a few safe, but quick stops, to help eliminate the glazing.

Cruzr Joe