Well, I attended Spyderfest 2015 and spent most of my time getting problems fixed. Got to the Spyder on day 1 of my visit, and no clutch, so took it to Pitbull, and they topped it off for me and checked out the underside. Learned the slave cylinder is in need of a rebuild AND there is an oil leak on the water pump seal. I have (had) just turned 18,000 miles, and out of factory warranty. On day two got to the Spyder and had the mysterious check engine lite, so back to Pitbull. The factory guy there hooked it up to BUDS and quickly found a problem with the MAP sensor, which was a bad piece of tube going to it, and repaired that under warranty since it deals with emission controls.

Question:
Has anyone had the clutch slave cylinder rebuilt, and what was the approximate cost, and
has anyone had the oil seal behind the water pump rebuilt, and what was the approximate cost.

I am not ready to get rid of the Spyder, but seriously thinking about looking around. The extended warranty I have which was touted as the best by the dealer I purchased the Spyder, it is not a Can Am warranty, although it cost as much. It will not cover the clutch slave cylinder I am pretty sure, and might cover the oil leak, but not sure of that either because they may find a way out of that as well. I already have a new thermostat, as that is stuck open (fortunately) and may as well have them take care of that as well. Sure a lot of failures on a machine which is only 2 years and 4 months old!

Any input on the cost of replacing the clutch cylinder and oil leak would be greatly appreciated. I am sure someone else has had these things done.