Thread: Cover it up!

Spyder Garage

Cool Cover it up!

So, several weeks back I notice a SL member talking about using a stretchey light weight cover that would fit on a RTL. He claimed quick and easy cover. on't recall his name or which cover he was talking about. Any suggestions? I keep my RTL covered when parked at home but need something to use while at work. Need something that doesn't take up much space and basicly will help to keep dust off bike and noisey customers from sitting on bike. Please help. Thanks, in advance!

Was thinking about a half cover but worried that cover straps from cover may scuff tupperware.
    Last edited by Cruising RT; 05-04-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Check out the Nelson-Rigg half cover. I found it a breeze to use to, during and from Spyderfest. Its straps don't touch the Tupperware. Price is extremely reasonable.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Is this what you are thinking about?

http://shop.spydersisters.com/t/sun-shade-seat-covers
    2016 RT-S Special Series
    2016 RT-S Special , 2 tone black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lin View Post
    Is this what you are thinking about?

http://shop.spydersisters.com/t/sun-shade-seat-covers
    No, I'm looking for maybe a half cover or full. Just want something quick to use that won't scuff tupperware.

Spyder Garage

The straps on the CanAm half cover/touring cover for the RT's (at least the one that I have) won't scuff anything, well, not unless you put them on in a really odd/difficult way!!

Fitted iaw the instructions, the front of the cover slips under the H/lights before going up & over the windscreen; from there the cover stretches out around the mirrors & handlebars and then back along the length of the bike, well above the seat & over the top of the rear backrest & anetnna/s, before pulling down at the rear under the top box opening & down the sides to slip under the pillion passenger grips; with the straps stretching (well clear of the tupperwear) down to the foot pegs/plates to hold everything tight. The cover pulls fairly tight when you fit the straps anyway, but you also get the opportunity to cinch the straps a bit tighter so it won't flap in the breeze (even when it's fitted over the bike while it's travelling on the trailer!) and mine hasn't scuffed anything in the more than 12 months that I've been using it pretty much daily....

IMO it sounds like one of the OE CanAm half covers/touring covers might be just what you want.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-05-2015 at 06:34 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a Nelson-Rigg cover for my 2014 RT. It has openings for antennae. I bought mine through Amazon. It is specific for the RT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joebryanjr View Post
    I have a Nelson-Rigg cover for my 2014 RT. It has openings for antennae. I bought mine through Amazon. It is specific for the RT.
    Exactly the one I was talking about! I also purchased from Amazon.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The straps on the CanAm half cover/touring cover for the RT's (at least the one that I have) won't scuff anything, well, not unless you put them on in a really odd/difficult way!!

Fitted iaw the instructions, the front of the cover slips under the H/lights before going up & over the windscreen; from there the cover stretches out around the mirrors & handlebars and then back along the length of the bike, well above the seat & over the top of the rear backrest & anetnna/s, before pulling down at the rear under the top box opening & down the sides to slip under the pillion passenger grips; with the straps stretching (well clear of the tupperwear) down to the foot pegs/plates to hold everything tight. The cover pulls fairly tight when you fit the straps anyway, but you also get the opportunity to cinch the straps a bit tighter so it won't flap in the breeze (even when it's fitted over the bike while it's travelling on the trailer!) and mine hasn't scuffed anything in the more than 12 months that I've been using it pretty much daily....

IMO it sounds like one of the OE CanAm half covers/touring covers might be just what you want.
    I also have the BRP half cover. I like the way it fits better than the Nelson-Rigg, but it does cost more. I start at the back instead of the front when I put it on. It makes it easy for me to slip the antenna into the cover's antenna slit when there is no tension on the cover. After a little practice, it only takes a minute to put on or take off. Come to think of it, I've never tried it starting at the front. I'll do that next time and see how it goes. It has it's own built-in stuff bag, but I usually leave it out of the bag in the trunk for easier use.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The cover from Spyder Sisters is JUST enough to discourage folks from trying to sit on the bike. No scuffing, they can be deployed in less than 90 seconds (By MY Klutzy paws...), and pack down to a very small size.
    ....all for only 30 bucks!

http://stores.ebay.com/spydersisters...p2047675.l2563
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Pretty sure your talking about the cover I use. It's a RSS cover.

Here is my post about it:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=cover

Below is the video I did.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

BRP half cover is an excellent product....used it all winter on and off daily no marring.
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I use a fitted King size flannel sheet to cover my RS in the barn. It covers everything except the rear fender and does a great job of keeping the dust off. Nothing fancy or expensive. We got it from Goodwill for $4.99 !

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amusher View Post
    I use a fitted King size flannel sheet to cover my RS in the barn. It covers everything except the rear fender and does a great job of keeping the dust off. Nothing fancy or expensive. We got it from Goodwill for $4.99 !
    I used to use the exact same thing for my RS in the garage a few years ago....lol. Now, for garage storage I picked up a $20 universal trike cover from Revzilla with some extra zilla cash I had.
    Works great as a garage dust cover.

Spyder Garage

Cool

[QUOTE=finless;971812]Pretty sure your talking about the cover I use. It's a RSS cover.

Here is my post about it:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=cover

Below is the video I did.

Bob[/QUOTE

Thanks for the video. I believe this is the video I saw some time back and couldn't locate when I needed. So thanks again, and I believe this will work nicely for me as well.

Spyder Garage

Default Tires?

To All,
    I have a 14 RTS that we put 5900 miles on in 6 months of riding. Outstanding vehicle. We will be traveling to Alaska this summer and I want to change the tires now rather then worry about rapid tire wear during our 9,000 mile trip. Is there a consensus on tire choice. We live in Southern California and ride year round. Use is solo for commuting and two up for traveling.
    Also looking for the local Spyder club for Orange County/San Diego area.
    So far only comments regarding the RTS is poor fuel mileage (30 to 35 MPG), difficult frunk release, that was fixed by Mission Motorsports in Irvine, and luggage latches that don't always catch.
    Please pass along any information for newbies to the Spyder world.
    Thanks,
    Santa Ken

Spyder Garage

Hi Ken. I am very local to you. I sent you a PM with contact info to share about the area we both live in and Spyder folks.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default sewing

if you have somebody in your family, neighborhood, town/city, state, country that you know who has a sewing machine, you can make one for just a few buck$....
    i did... cost me $18 for 5 yds of nylon-water-proof material... i had the thread, and the sewing machine, and about 3 hrs of work, and i have my FULL COVER...
    i prefer a FULL COVER, because it will keep my seat dry on over-nite rides...

Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Default Try this..!!

allthingsthree.com. Dennis has some covers that work well. Tell him Gene sent you...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black