Spyder Garage

Default Finally, I rode the F-3...

...at the Spyderfest 'ride-out TWICE !! All I can say is WOW!! Seriously, that was one of
    the best bikes I have ever ridden. The handling, power, fun factor ALL off the charts.

To compare my RT with two wheel bikes it would be like the Goldwing and the F-3 would
    be like my BMW 1200GS....I know I'm probably still on a high from riding the F-3 but
    the handling was stellar it was flickable, almost intuitive....now I see what all the
    hubbub is about the F-3....anyway just thought I'd post about it because I
    really feel it is a world class handling bike, congrats to all you owners.

Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

seems like you really like the test ryde..now will you go for it..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Face it : you've been hooked!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    seems like you really like the test ryde..now will you go for it..??
    ...ahaha, I would if I could !! Right now, having just gotten the RT '14 2 mths. ago I'm still
    in 'recovery' mode money wise. The RT is the most practical solution for us right now,
    to get the wifey out there with myself riding two up.....I'm having fun with the RT
    and learning more and more about the Can-Ams in general...

Spyder Garage

Default ...yes

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Face it : you've been hooked!!
    The F-3 is just in a different class as far as "thrill factor". It's just a whole different technology
    it seems to me, what's not to like, I told the guy I had to ride it again!!

Last edited by wishey1; 05-04-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

I rode one a couple of weeks ago (4/12) and loved it! Have to clear off some bills first, but I gotta have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Waiting is tough, plus I am not the most patient person either!

Spyder Garage

Flash-to-Pass switch. Is that switch an option on an F3S?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pdxsenior View Post
    Flash-to-Pass switch. Is that switch an option on an F3S?

Flash to pass is standard on all F3 models.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Thx. I guess I need to call my dealer and find out where mine went while it was on the sales floor the first six weeks I owned it !!!

Spyder Garage

My wife and I test-rode a couple of F3s Friday morning at SpyderFest and yes, yes, yes — we too were very impressed. The funny thing is, we drove the 1330 triple RT last year and weren't super impressed, but that motor really shines in the F3 chassis! [It might be because we rode F3 SM6s. Last year the triple RTs we rode were SE6s, and we both have a strong preference for the manual clutch.] Neither of us is ready to give up our current Spyders, simply because neither of us thought the F3 would work as well for long trips, but we both thought the F3 would make a stupidly great in-town ride.

The cruiser ergonomics would take some getting used to for me, however. I normally ride a '13 RS-S, so I am used to having my feet directly under me, and having my knees fully straight felt very odd, as though if I relaxed my legs, my feet would slide right off the pegs and onto the tarmac. I wished the footpegs were back farther than they were (they were was in the 5th, most forward position on the one I rode), but I've never been a big fan of forward foot controls on motorcycles, either. On the other hand, being able to brace your outside leg against the peg really helps keep you anchored in turns without having to lean at the waist. Perhaps the solution would simply be to fit the accessory floorboards? If anybody can kick $20K my way, I will be more than glad to test this hypothesis.

Attached Images Attached Images

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wishey1 View Post
    ...at the Spyderfest 'ride-out TWICE !! All I can say is WOW!! Seriously, that was one of
    the best bikes I have ever ridden. The handling, power, fun factor ALL off the charts.

To compare my RT with two wheel bikes it would be like the Goldwing and the F-3 would
    be like my BMW 1200GS....I know I'm probably still on a high from riding the F-3 but
    the handling was stellar it was flickable, almost intuitive....now I see what all the
    hubbub is about the F-3....anyway just thought I'd post about it because I
    really feel it is a world class handling bike, congrats to all you owners.

Picked mine up last Monday, and between Saturday and Sunday I clocked a good 320m between both
    days... getting "smarter" on riding her along the way. I was extremely happy with the cruise feeling,
    very much reminded me of the Vision... very very smooth. Road changes or being uneven did not phase
    the F3S at all. Then the change-up into the twisty stuff was a blast. (And these are some great N.GA
    mountain roads we have around here). I felt that hugging the center with my knees and applying pressure
    there like a sport-bike was better than pushing on the pegs. Hitting the apex right when applying throttle
    in the turn, and out .... it all made a difference. (Learning the machine). The darn thing gives you the
    best of all worlds. (I will say you do have to put a little effort into it when in the very tight twisty stuff
    at speed, and that's just fine with me)
    2015 F3-S SE6 (Rorange)w/BlueRidge windscreen, +2 UFIT, pass backrest, pass floorboard, CrossCountry Saddlebags, BajaRon sway w/links, BANDC 12v under seat, BANDC USB left of key plug, GripPups, x-Creen Sport, 2-Up Rear

2008->
    Victory Vision Tour Premium
    Ducati 900 SS Full-Fairing
    BMW F650GS

Pre-1979
    Suzuki GS1000-E (1st Tri-State Area)
    Suzuki GS750
    Suzuki RM125
    Suzuki GT550 (3Cyl 2-stroke Street)
    Honda CL175
    Honda SL125
    Honda Trail 70 (1st year of hand clutch model)
    Honda Mini-Trail 50

Spyder Garage

I can't get over the F3, its unbelievable, it's, in the next five years, mark it down, is going

to take over the two wheel market......or at least take a huge bite out of it...

I loved it, haha, guess you could tell...