Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Check-in on your ryde home from SpyderFest '15

Just checking in to say I am home. I had a bad cross-wind from Bolivar to Kansas City and went through about 20 miles of light rain south of KC. Then a strong head-wind as I came west.

Back in Kansas and "There's no place like home!"
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Cruzr Joe & Sheila are home, beautiful ride home, stopped for dinner on the way and now i am not only home but well fed.

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Cathyjo and I made it home at about 11:30.
    Ride was great and see you next year.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Wandering home, via Amarillo, Carlsbad Caverns, Grand Canyon, and of course I have to visit my money in Las Vegas. I know a wooze, I'm trailering the bike.

This was my first SF and just wanted to say that PB and MO Gang couldn't of done a better job putting this all together. Will be back next year for sure.

It was also great meeting a bunch of you. Wasn't able to make a deal on a 2015, but I'm not home yet.
    Last edited by pitzerwm; 05-03-2015 at 06:20 PM.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member 2ndChildhood's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I made it home safe and sound got home this morning about 10 o'clock Eastern standard time.

I had an absolutely wonderful time, and Sheila my wife absolutely love the necklace with all the inserts. Wait till she sees the ones with the pictures.

ToM
    SpyderFest '15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Life is Great
    ToM

Spyder Garage

Home safe here. Bit windy, but nothing Keira couldn't handle. I had a great time and look forward to further fests, etc.!
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

We too made it safe-n-sound. Quite windy on our path also. Can't wait to get our sway-bar installed, next on the hit list for our RT. Hope all travels for everyone is safe too.
    Sure was a great 1st Spyderfest for us- A BIG thanks to everyone that made it happen in such a great fashion. Can't wait for next year!!! See ya then...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Made home safe about one o clock had a great time Rich Otto

Spyder Garage

12 hours and 688 miles later, I'm home.

And planning a ride tomorrow

Spyder Garage

Made it safely to Lebanon TN for my first night's stop. Saw another Spyder in TN on I-24 west of Nashville. They waved as they went by.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Made it back to Omaha, NE - ran into the same winds, but were fortunate enough to miss the rain. Coming into Omaha, we skirted around the storm and made it home without any rain. Real strong winds though.

SpyderFest was 'AWESUME' --- the weather was exceptional and it might be a long time before this type of weather dominates SpyderFest like this again.

Great time and thanks to everyone who was involved.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Just checking in to say I am home. I had a bad cross-wind from Bolivar to Kansas City and went through about 20 miles of light rain south of KC. Then a strong head-wind as I came west.

Back in Kansas and "There's no place like home!"

We too are back in Kansas! Glad we trailered the bike to Spyderfest. Those cross winds PRAIRIE SPYDER experienced were indeed STRONG. We too encountered a couple of showers but are glad to be back. Things here are in good shape, lots of mowing ahead! Hope our wandering cat shows back up soon. Otherwise we are home and getting ready to hit the classrooms again tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone for your cares, concerns---and time shared at Spyderfest. It was a GREAT week and the weather was awesome. In fact there is now a Tornado Watch just been issued to our north- which just reminds me how truly blessed we all were this year for this event with the entire week of perfect weather.

There are so many involved in this weeks events, I can't call them out one by one, but all of MoGang and Len and Lamont, the shop crew, the spouses, the hotel hosts, just THANK YOU- THANK YOU---and THANK YOU so so much!

We are indeed a special group of people and we are blessed to be a part of this. GOD BLESS and GOD SPEED as we say good bye to this fun week and return to what ever may lay ahead!

2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Deke and Sara made it home! This probably sounds like no big deal, but we made it home by ambulance and wrecker after last year's Spyderfest, so we're relieved to have made it home on 3 wheels this time!

Deke
    +Peace,

Deke

2105 RT-S SE5 Special Series (current)
    2012 RT A&C SE5 (previous)

Spyder Garage

Default Riding home

Made Amarillo, TX. Started the day digging a nail out of my tire, plugging it, and liberally coating myself with rubber cement, rubber, dirt, and sweat. It seems that they rode lots better with air inside! Hit a bit of rain/hail/ high winds. SpyderAnn threw a mystery code. Had dinner at the big Texan; watched a tiny Ukrainian girl polish off a 72 ounce steak! 54 minutes flat! Very entertaining. New Mexico and Arizona tomorrow. Great ride! Great event, great friends! Will update tomorrow! Cheers! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Home in Michigan

Made it home to Michigan. Great time as usual.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default Home On the Horizon

Leave Springfield in couple hours. Weather radar says rain awaits me. 2200+ miles await Studley and me. Plan on Thurs arrival. Patriot Guard mission on Friday. So need to make some serious miles. Stay tuned. The murph is getting ready to grind coffee beans and saddle up. Total awesome Spyderfest, but soooo agree NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Home about 3:30 PM to Dardenne Prairie, MO, just 240 mi.
    Great weather all of the way.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Made it back home around 1:00 tired and broke. I was doing good on spending money until my wife showed up Friday and met the Triclid group.

Spyder Garage

Made it back to Nixa MO, it was a nice ride.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Made Amarillo, TX. Started the day digging a nail out of my tire, plugging it, and liberally coating myself with rubber cement, rubber, dirt, and sweat. It seems that they rode lots better with air inside! Hit a bit of rain/hail/ high winds. SpyderAnn threw a mystery code. Had dinner at the big Texan; watched a tiny Ukrainian girl polish off a 72 ounce steak! 54 minutes flat! Very entertaining. New Mexico and Arizona tomorrow. Great ride! Great event, great friends! Will update tomorrow! Cheers! Joe
    I used to live in Amarillo, but never actually watched anyone eat the Big Texan challenge. It was great meeting you and Ann and also great getting the RT Squared Away. I decided to have the laser alignment for better tire longevity, but didn't really expect improvement in handling. I was wrong. The trip back to Dallas compared to the trip to Springfield showed clear improvement. Thanks for the service you provide and your integrity in doing it right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Made it back to Nixa MO, it was a nice ride.
    Made it home yesterday, wind all the way home great event!! I met some great people at this event, cut back on Facebook time!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sandy and I made it home around 6:00 yesterday evening. Wind all the way, but not too bad. We came back financially poorer, but experience richer - so many great people! And great vendors! I really enjoyed visiting with and doing business with Don and Kim at F4 Windshields, Harvey and Terry at Spyderpops, Joe and Ann at Squared away, Lamont at LaMonster and many others.

The RT came back richer with an air horn, mirror turn signal indicators, a laser alignment and a new windshield (tinted and vented F4 Sport). We also picked up a couple of cans of LaMonster's Black Diamond Detailer and lots of assorted doodads.

Here is an example of the quality of the people: We were just a little ways north of Muskogee, OK behind a White RT with a trailer when I pulled into a parking lot to stretch my legs. The man on the RT ahead of us turned around to see if we were alright. He then asked if we had had lunch and even though he was just a few miles from home, he joined us for a gourmet lunch at Subway and we had a great visit with him. Thanks Lenny.

The best part is that as we were completing our final few miles into Dallas, knowing that Sandy was getting pretty tired and a little uncomfortable (an Ultimate seat in our future?), I asked her if she wanted to do this again next year. Her answer was an immediate "Yes!".

Spyder Garage

Default Not doing a commercial

But we caught those winds and I'm sure glad I got the alignment and anti sway bar. We headed west at Warrensburg through Louisburg and we turned north on highway 7 it became a tailwind and really smoothed things out. Stopped a couple of times and had lunch before getting home. Sure is nice not to have to hurry. Rain today, Burp gets to rest. GREAT SPYDERFEST!!! Spyder Ryders are great people, crazy, but great! We'll be very happy to stay at Best Western Plus Coach House again. Thanks MOGANG for all the work you do, had a great time!
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

Eight bikes came down from Iowa, and as far as I know, eight bikes made it back home. It was windy but fortunately it was from the south and we were going north and we got great mileage. We had a great time.

Tony
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
    2017 Red F3T

Mods
    Lamonster RIP Floorboards
    Lamonster H4 LED headlights
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights
    Lamonster LED White and Amber Fog Ring
    Lamonster Show Chrome Fender kit
    Lamonster Drink holder
    Lamonster Dual Power Plate with large X-Grip
    Lamonster F3 Driver Back Rest
    Lamonster Lid Lock
    Baker Air Wings Luggage Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Passed you on I 24

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    Made it safely to Lebanon TN for my first night's stop. Saw another Spyder in TN on I-24 west of Nashville. They waved as they went by.

That at was us. Made it home shortly after. Travel safe.
    Never saw a hearse with a trailer hitch!