Spyder Garage

Default Winner of Road Warrior F3

Len's son selects the Winning Ticket

AND THE WINNER IS

LAMONT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Is it just me...

or does anyone else think Lamont should have withdrawn his name from consideration, or not bought tickets?

I've never felt the air sucked out of a room so fast as when the winning ticket number was identified as his.

Just wondering.
    Last edited by Copperman; 05-02-2015 at 11:21 PM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

For real... lucky man but if you buy tickets you have a chance to win...congrats to him..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    or does anyone else think Lamont should have withdrawn his name from consideration, or not bought tickets?

I've never felt the air sucked out of a room so fast as when the winning ticket number was identified as his.

Just wondering.
    This is not the end of the story. I bought $300.00 worth of tickets to help encourage others to reach their goal. I never even considered winning but for some reason I did and I'm going to sleep on it and pray about it and talk it over with my wife and we will do what feels right....owning that Spyder doesn't feel right but neither did walking away from the winning ticket. I won't be pressured one way or the other from public opinion and I'll follow my heart as always.

Spyder Garage

Good on ya, Lamont! The luck of the draw hey!!

Regardless of whatever you come up with, just buying any tickets to start with let alone putting $300 into it was above & beyond, & I'm sure that you'll work out something appropriate for the Road Warrior F3! Not gonna be an easy decision tho, and you'll probably get some people off side whatever you do; but that's sometimes what happens when it's all down to the luck of the draw & now it's up to you what you feel is right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Good on ya, Lamont! The luck of the draw hey!!

Regardless of whatever you come up with, just buying any tickets to start with let alone putting $300 into it was above & beyond, & I'm sure that you'll work out something appropriate for the Road Warrior F3! Not gonna be an easy decision tho, and you'll probably get some people off side whatever you do; but that's sometimes what happens when it's all down to the luck of the draw & now it's up to you what you feel is right.
    Well I prayed about it, slept on it and woke up with the answer and peace in my heart and a scripture verse on my mind. Just have to work out the details.
    Matthew 25:14-30

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the winning ticketEvery one that buys tickets had the same chance.Enjoy
    Bill
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You could always keep to use as a demo and/or for a test bed for the various Manufactures/Vendors to try to ensure there products fit and
    perform as expected for the new F3

Either way you entered the draw in good faith and lady luck (Joan is her name) was on your side
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

This is the verse I just read again and has given me peace of mind
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...hew%2025:14-30

Spyder Garage

..........if you do whatever God leads you to do, you can't go wrong!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just wondering.
    I say Lamont bought the tickets, he won fair and square. He gets to decide what to do.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Congratulations Lamont!!! First, and foremost, thank you for supporting the Road Warrior Project. We see, once again, that when God's blessings flow there is no stopping them. You have a new life with a wonderful wife and success will follow because you put God first. You were led to a great verse to guide you so what ever you do it will bless everyone involved.

Bill
    Pride Runs Deep Semper Tacitus

An armed man is a Citizen; an unarmed man is a subject....

2017 F3 T SE6
    2015 Vulcan Vaquero ABS
    ALR Chapter 401 (Hilliard FL)
    GA & FL Patriot Guard

Spyder Garage

Default So..

You donate your time, sweat and talent..oh, and money..and you WIN! To me..that's awesome. Do what you want, but those who have issue with this, I just don't undersatnd. Congrats Lamont!
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Spyder Garage

Congratulations Lamont!
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default F3

Lamont lay your HEART at rest my friend ...your a good man and you've done so much for others and Spyderlovers that a small reward like this .... Is deserving....Please be happy "may the good man reap rewards of his heart"

Howard

PS... I'm am little jealous...but happy for you

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations Lamont. It doesn't matter how many tickets were purchased or that it was you who won what matters is that when the Lord places events upon us we know it's his will. I am happy for you and see nothing wrong with this outcome. You do so much for others. I know you have been there for me many times. Again, congratulations and God Bless you and Joan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..

Lamont. God has blessed you with many gifts, the most important be the blessing of a warm and loving wife. You have worked for all you have been given - I'm very happy that you have found peace!

Spyder Garage

I too believe that if you are part of a draw for anything then you or anyone associated with the draw should not be purchasing tickets. When something like this happens it makes a lot of people skeptical. I don't know Lamont personally but he seems like a really great guy and he is obviously very generous. That being said, when he purchased the tickets to help out the cause he should have given the tickets away after he bought them or when he won, asked them to choose another ticket.
    Here in Canada when there is any kind of draw for money or whatever, anyone associated to the draw is disqualified from winning just for this reason. It is usually in the fine print.

Spyder Garage

On your win. You bought the ticket fair and square. Keep calm and ride on!
    2013 RT SE5
    Bajaron sway bar
    Bajaron heim links
    laser alignment from dealer
    Inspector Gadget floor boards
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Grip Puppies
    HEAT RECALL COMPLETED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey I say lets not beat this

It was a fair drawing and it was for a GREAT CAUSE.. Remember the Wounded Warriors who need the help!!

This was the whole purpose of the drawing to make sure the money get to the right people who need it..

Congrats to the winner and ride with pride!!!
    Last edited by trikermutha; 05-03-2015 at 07:41 AM.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

i feel he spent him money and bought tickets for a good cause and won fair and square.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This is not the end of the story. I bought $300.00 worth of tickets to help encourage others to reach their goal. I never even considered winning but for some reason I did and I'm going to sleep on it and pray about it and talk it over with my wife and we will do what feels right....owning that Spyder doesn't feel right but neither did walking away from the winning ticket. I won't be pressured one way or the other from public opinion and I'll follow my heart as always.

GOOD ANSWER LAMONT!!!

Spyder Garage

Default I understand but.......

I had for a split moment thought the same thing, that employees should not be eligible to enter contests. But this was a raffle and a raffle to support OUR VETERANS and WOUNDED VETERANS at that.

Lamont had every RIGHT to buy tickets and show his support as well to OUR VETERANS. Once I realized that I felt completely different and was happy about it.

Lamont is a humble, sincere, caring, individual and compassionate His sincere care for people shows. As he said lasat night it was the first time he ever WON anything in his life and he entered thinking he'd NEVER win. Well, the light shown from above last night and it was on HIM.

We ALL should be humbled and thankful and celebrate with him in his surprise win. THe Road Warriors had NO issue on this and neither should we.

It's been an awesome Spyderfest and it's been a pleasure to attend and see the wonderful changes for this year. I am excited that we have been able to attend now 50% of the Spyderfests.

Hope to see you ALL right back in Springfeild again NEXT YEAR and may the weather be as beautiful as it was this year.

Time sure flew by! Sad to see us all leave for our respective homes!!!!!
    Last edited by Elembytes; 05-03-2015 at 08:10 AM.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Just wondering.

No. Lamont bought tickets to support the Road Warrior Foundation like many of us did. I thank and applaud him for that. His number was picked. He won. No reason he needs to do anything other than feel good about his contribution and enjoy the ride.

CJ JAX