Spyder Garage

Default Best shop with knowledge of the SE Spyder

Can someone tell who has the best shop for fixing SE Spyders? It looks like BRP and my dealer can't find a fix for my shifting problem. Sometimes when my Spyder downshifts to 1st on its own it almost stalls the bike. and sometimes when it's in first you don't have to have the brake on and sometimes you do or it will pull you through the light. Seems like a clutch problem. I had an error code for the shift sensor two of the times I brought it to the shop but they just reset the codes and haven't tried to fix anything...Can someone please help me talk to the right shop? I live in Cincinnati,OHIO.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My Dealer seems to be very knowlegable on the SE5's as i have one. Your problem sounds like a faulty shift sensor though I would recomend your dealer replace that item as many others have had the same problem with a faulty sensor. As for the pulling I had that problem till i hit about 1000-1500 miles then it went away the dealer said it was not an issue that it will happen when the clutch gets hot from things like stop and go traffic or a really hot day. They are about 10 hours from you so i wouldn't think it would be worth taking it to them unless you just feel like coming to Memphis but the dealer is FRS Powersports and they have done all the work on mine and have had no major problems in the 5000 miles i have had my SE5
    Happy SE5 Owner!!!

Silver/Black SE5 - Trunk Liner, 1" riser, 12v, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, 5" Kewlmetal Pullback Bars, Kewlmetal Console, Zumo 450, Ipod, Kewlmetal Highway brackets with Wing pegs, Triple Play, Wizard Light LED's, Corbin front/rear saddle with Backrest, Nelson Rigg CL950 Saddlebags with CL800 Tote Bag, CalSci Medium Windshield.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default bulletin 2009-1

Can-am just released bulletin 2009-1 to correct the problem. Contact your dealer to check you V.I.N.# to make sure it falls under this bullitin.
    Quality, Service, Price. Choose two.

Spyder Garage

They ordered the parts today and hopefully that will fix my shifting problemHopefully it won't take long to get the parts in