Spyder Garage

Default Question to those of you who have the Rivco Flag mount and flags

Hello:

I am curious to those of you who have the Rivco Flag Mount (Trunk Lid Version) and flags, what you think of them?

Do you worry that the travel cover cannot go down over the rear trunk fully because of the mount and poles?

Have you had issues with people stealing your flags?

I am at Spyderfest 2015- and am trying to decide do I want these or not?

Just thought I'd float this question out there and see what responses I get. Thank you all ahead of time.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

My wife(SDM) has them and they are great,she does not use cover so don't knew if problem.
    2015 RT White,Tj's Dash mount,Rivco's Duel Flag Holder,SealsFloorBoards(Pups),Custom Dynamics fender lights(R/W)Bajaron's Swaybar & links,Lamonster's LED headlights,lidlox.Wiredux A-arm driving lights(upper&lower)FOBO TPMS system,Spyerpops lighted bumpskid,Foom handgrips.
    tobor9@me.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Hello:

Are people really that low?

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Flag staffs

Wish I could answer that question, but I just ordered the trunk mount from one of our Sponsors this afternoon.
    Figure if there is a problem with the cover can have slots cut to take care of that. They look really good to me, and I like flying the colors when I travel.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Default Flag staff

We have the trunk mount flag holders on my wife 2010 RTS and my 2012 limited. Her 2010 came with the full cover and the 2012 with the half cover and we are able to bring the flag staff up through the antenna holes on each.

This is our second season with them on and no one has touched either set.We are both happy with the holders.

Spyder Garage

Default Flag

I have them on my RT and like them. No problem with thieves and I use a half cover and just let the flags go uncovered. One flag is starting to fray a little bit but they have been flying for over 3k miles.

Spyder Garage

Default flag mount

I have 2013 rt. 30,000+ miles.No issue, lower windshield a little, flags fit through existing antenna holes. I have a shorty radio antenna.

Spyder Garage

Default Just another option to consider...

RIVCO has great products. I choose to go with ISCI license plate and flag holders. Reason was bigger flags. I have traveled close to 90k flying those flags. Never an issue with cover which I use every night I'm on the road. Just another product to consider. Glad you are here at Spyderfest...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=lwrydr;969760]I have them on my RT and like them. No problem with thieves and I use a half cover and just let the flags go uncovered. One flag is starting to fray a little bit but they have been flying for over 3k miles.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Full cover works fine with them.

Theft?....knocking on wood...I have not had a problem. I put extra white plastic washer at top to keep it from flying off on highway speed (lost one that way).

A friend of mine, who rides Harleys, has had two of his POW/MIA flag and staffs stolen. I told him to stop buying Kuryakyn and perhaps he wouldn't have this problem (all Harley have Kury products on them). He has not listened and lost an American flag two weeks ago. Oh well.......he is Irish and us Irish need to be hit a few times in the head to learn.
    2014 RT Limited Black Currant, BaJaRon Anti-Sway Bar and Links, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder. More to Come.
    08 Honda Aero - wife's
    14 Kymco - wife's (Hmmmmm...i'm losing bikes)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hello:

I am curious to those of you who have the Rivco Flag Mount (Trunk Lid Version) and flags, what you think of them?

Do you worry that the travel cover cannot go down over the rear trunk fully because of the mount and poles?

Just thought I'd float this question out there and see what responses I get. Thank you all ahead of time.

I've been considering those, too. They're certainly lower-priced than the ISCI, but I haven't decided to buy either yet. Let us know what you end up doing and how they work out.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Hello:

I have the Rivco setup on my 2014 Spyder RT. absolutely work as promised. Excellent product

Spyder Garage

Default Love them

My daughter and I made holes in my travel cover that had they been in the right place would have worked great, as it is they just work.

I also am at SpyderFest, at Best Western.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

I keep a allen driver in my trunk and remove the flags when needed. I only use them on rides or weekends. To and from work they are not on.

Removing them is super easy. 4 screws and they are out. Then I use those same screws and washers to hold the panel on.

When I am using them no issues with theft so far.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I leave them on all the time. Hold up to high speed riding very well, this is the third season. As far as a cover the only thing I do is slip a trash bag over the seat if I think it may rain .
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Spyder Garage

Default I HAVE THE LICENSE PLATE HOLDERS

They work great for me if you change your mind on the others.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by grumpybob; 05-01-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    Are people really that low?

AJ
    In a word, yes!!

Spyder Garage

We had the full cover for our 2014 RT-S and had to take down the flag mount. Kind of a hassle but we only used the full cover when trailering and we would remove the flag mount anyway with trailering. We did have someone steal the screw in filial on the top of one. Why someone would steal that is beyond me.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I have the trunk mounts on my 2014 RT Limited. The only issue that has come to my attention is from a friend following me. He says one flag flies toward the rear and the other flies toward the front! I must be creating some sort of wind vortex. He says it looks funny.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got wing nuts to make it easy to remove the flags to put the cover on.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Flag holders

I made my own holders and bought 2 fold down flag mounts from the internet.
    I don't like to hear the flags flapping at speed tho'.
    Tip
    [SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Hello:

I have the Rivco Flag Mounts, and I like them. I have the BRP travel cover as well, and I just opened up about three inches of the stitching on the cover on each side in the area where the flags would come through. I then just sowed in a border around the holes to prevent the cover from shredding around the hole openings. This makes it easy to put and take the cover off.