Spyder Garage

Default Rt-s vs f3 anyone ridden both?

Just curious if anyone had ridden both. I just visited my dealer and they had a cruiser version of the f3-s there. Didn't have a chance to take it for a ride. But sitting on it felt so comfortable. being 6'4 even with the tall boy seat on my rt-s the riding angle isn't optimum. with the F'3 set up the way it was it felt perfect. what am i giving up besides the radio if i would be going to the f3s. Mind you i mainly using it as a daily 40 mile commuter and rarely go out of state.. Any opinions would be great.

troy
    Last edited by TroyboyRn; 04-30-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wiredux just switched from an RT, to the F-3...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I tested both and bought the F3-S because of the sitting position and handling on corners. It also felt much better for my bad back.
    My riding buddy bought the RTL because he has a shorter inseam and does some touring. He bought the trailer to tow behind it also.
    Mine was cheaper but I had to add the things I wanted like windshield, bags, backrest, and will also have to add a cb or blue tooth device.
    His came completely decked out. His wife loves the ride better then their old HD. My wife doesn't ride so I got the F3 for me and my comfort.
    This is my 1st spyder and I really love riding it. I can do 200 miles without a lot of pain, but on the last bike 15 miles was painful.

Which ever you pick, you'll get a great bike, the 1330 motor and 6 speed tranny are great.
    Test ride them both, when you can and enjoy the ride.
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

The F3 may fit the bill nicely on a 40 mile commute type of ride. The jury is still out on long run, ride comfort. Since you are rarely out of state, the RT may be more investment than you need to fit your application.

Do test ride both flavors to see what will work best for you. I of course am biased on the RT's.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have a 14 RT Ltd and love it. I rode the F3 and liked it better for handling but I don't think I want to give up my radio, heated grips, storage capacity, air ride adjustment, etc for the F3. I'm happy with the RT Ltd, at least for now.
    My wife has an 11 RT Ltd and I may consider selling it, then buying an F3 for myself and giving the 14 to my wife but the deal on the F3 would have to be real good before I do that.

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

For commuting and not carrying much (close to nothing) the F3 would be your ryde. You can add the radio, lamont is doing some, and bags for storage. Now for comfort and luxury you need the RT's...next time test ryde the F3...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Oranges & Apples.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Yep. one of the reasons I moved from 13rts to the 14rts. Loved the feel of the 1330. The smooth shifting. If I could have add my bags and boxes to the f3 I might have bought one.
    2014 RTS , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Rt-s vs f3 anyone ridden both?

Hello all. Well took a f3s for a nice test drive. Nice machine with tons of torque. And sporty handling. But after leaving the parking, that's all it took, my RT is in no danger of being replaced with anything but a newer RT. even when adjusted for my height the bike just isn't meant for my 6'4 frame. Knees kept rubbing against the body of the gas tank. If I was younger and smaller I'd be all over it. But in all honesty even if it would have fit me to a tee. I couldn't give up my toons[emoji16] I have a ton more if it needed any. respect for my old faithful RTS. Thanks everyone for their input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TroyboyRn; 05-04-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I own and love a 2014 RT-L. We both test drove the F3S at SpyderFest and WOW!!!!. I love my RT-L and nothing beats it for storage and bells and whistles, but..... the F3 was more comfortable, handled better in curves and made us smile like crazy people. The wife informed me that soon she will be getting an F3 and I can have the RT-L. That sounds good to me cause I'm going to ride both!. Best of both worlds. If money were no object, I would go out and buy 2 F3's right now.
    Spyder Junkies, Mike &Lenise

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TUNES

Quote Originally Posted by TroyboyRn View Post
    Hello all. Well took a f3s for a nice test drive. Nice machine with tons of torque. And sporty handling. But after leaving the parking, that's all it took, my RT is in no danger of being replaced with anything but a newer RT. even when adjusted for my height the bike just isn't meant for my 6'4 frame. Knees kept rubbing against the body of the gas tank. If I was younger and smaller I'd be all over it. But in all honesty even if it would have fit me to a tee. I couldn't give up my toons[emoji16] I have a ton more if it needed any. respect for my old faithful RTS. Thanks everyone for their input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well while I was at Spyderfest I saw and heard the Stereo system ( made by SHARK ) Lamont put on His Wife's F-3........I had a similar one for my GS. What I did to vastly improve the sound volume and quality was to swap out the SHARK provided speakers for JBL GTO 328's......because these would fit in the PODS for the SHARK system with a little trimming..............The JBL's really improved the sound ........JMHO..Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I test rode an F3 at Spyderfest and enjoyed it. It had an analog tach, and I realized I'd gotten used to the digital tach on my RTS. The windshield is an add-on cost. No cruise control or radio, etc. But I really liked the seating situation.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

The F3-S has 'cruise' Patti......

Spyder Garage

...as I posted in the F3 thread I rode it for the first time at Spyderfest and was 'blown away'.
    I think it is a world class bike for pep, handling, and fun factor, and I really believe when they
    get a better windshield on it, the F3 is going to take a bite out of the 2-wheel market...

...if I had any $$$ left after buying my RT last month, I get me some stock, haha.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    The F3-S has 'cruise' Patti......
    Oops. Didn't notice when I demo'ed. Thanks.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I test rode an F3 at Spyderfest and enjoyed it. It had an analog tach, and I realized I'd gotten used to the digital tach on my RTS. The windshield is an add-on cost. No cruise control or radio, etc. But I really liked the seating situation.
    The F3 has a digital tach in addition to the analog one if you want. Its in the settings.
    Cruise is included on the S model and can be added to the base model.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default F-3 Demo

Hey Everyone , I took the F-3 out for a spin yesterday , I have a 2013 RT, and for power it beat it habds down but thats it , they told me it could be adjusted for me but , What if it cant , it didnt handle in the curves like I thought it would , and my wife loves the ride of our RT, maybe ill trade up one of these days , but for now its An RT, 4 me.

Yall be Safe, Midnightbreeze, Still lovin my SPYDER RT