Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F-3 1330 engine performance

I just received & installed the akrapovic exhaust. I've been impressed with how much better it 'breathes' The engine doesn't feel as 'tight' and I can rev a little higher rpm btwn shifts. Also, it sounds better & is somewhat more responsive = I like it!! QUESTION= what do I do for the air filter section to allow her to breathe even better? Will a K & N filter make a difference? Any advice would be appreciated...
    Also = Oil = Blend or full synthetic = what does it come with & are you staying with that type?

Spyder Garage

Did you replace the secondary exhaust?

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

it comes with blended. I will change at the 3400 intial to full synthetique.

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see..!!

changing to the K&N will help.There are others but I have used them forever. Going to iridium plugs and high tension wires made quite a difference for me as well. Granted I don't have the F3 but the effect should be the same.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    changing to the K&N will help.There are others but I have used them forever. Going to iridium plugs and high tension wires made quite a difference for me as well. Granted I don't have the F3 but the effect should be the same.

Can you give more details about the K&N filter, iridium plugs and high tension wires you recommend for the Spyder?
    Ride: 2015 Spyder F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    Accessories/Mods: Gauge Spoiler, Passenger Short Rail, SmoothSpyder Backrest, BajaRon SwayBar with Heim Joint Links, Lamonster Performance Pipe

Spyder Garage

Default Here's what I did..!!

Check with BajaRon on filters plugs and wires. I got mine from him he is a great guy to deal with and very helpful. He also has amsoil and filter etc... he is a sponsor on the home page....he can fix you up

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Can you give more details about the K&N filter, iridium plugs and high tension wires you recommend for the Spyder?
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default warranty

Hi guys I have one question, as always
    My dealer told me, that I should not change the BRP oil to any other brand because in case something will happen I may lose the warranty. I found it strange because for my car I do use oil I want, and nobody really cares.

Same question to K&N filter, does it effect somehow the warranty.?

Last question comes to AKRPVC exhaust. does anybody know if they will make the exhaust in black, not only in stainless steel.?
    have a great day,
    Martin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Hi guys I have one question, as always My dealer told me, that I should not change the BRP oil to any other brand because in case something will happen I may lose the warranty. I found it strange because for my car I do use oil I want, and nobody really cares.Same question to K&N filter, does it effect somehow the warranty.? Last question comes to AKRPVC exhaust. does anybody know if they will make the exhaust in black, not only in stainless steel.? have a great day,Martin
    I would ask this idiot at the dealership if they ever heard of the MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT OF 1975 and then take my business somewhere else... Seriously, they make a veiled threat of not honoring your warranty because of your choice of oil branding. If the oil you choose meets the specifications set by BRP you can use oil made by little green men on the moon.... Again, I would never go back there again and I would contact the owner and let them know what their people are up to and that they are using scare tactics to scare you from your rights under federal law!Mark
    Last edited by Nyparrothead; 04-29-2015 at 05:44 AM.
    Bullies are sad pathetic People

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spark Plug wires??
    There aren't any!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    I would ask this idiot at the dealership if they ever heard of the MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT OF 1975 and then take my business somewhere else... Seriously, they make a veiled threat of not honoring your warranty because of your choice of oil branding. If the oil you choose meets the specifications set by BRP you can use oil made by little green men on the moon.... Again, I would never go back there again and I would contact the owner and let them know what their people are up to and that they are using scare tactics to scare you from your rights under federal law!Mark
    Only applies in the US market, he is out of country.
    2015 F3 S se6
    2014 Jaguar F-Type V8S
    2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Supercharged
    2005 Roush Mustang Supercharged
    2013 Dodge Ram 2500 for towing/snowplowing

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default thanx

hmm its interesting...
    I think the dealer has to follow the rules that are here in Slovakia or better say Europe. But he was referring to, what the factory will say if something will happen.
    anyway.. I am also not sure what I wanted to say byt this comment I will swich to oil i like I know it was plenty of discussion what to use.. so please any direct link to specification what to use.?

BTW: do you we all have the same Rotax motor? I mean Europe and US? Mine is made in Austria and bike is assembled in Canada I think.. same for you guys.?
    Have a good one,
    martin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    hmm its interesting...
    I think the dealer has to follow the rules that are here in Slovakia or better say Europe. But he was referring to, what the factory will say if something will happen.
    anyway.. I am also not sure what I wanted to say byt this comment I will swich to oil i like I know it was plenty of discussion what to use.. so please any direct link to specification what to use.?

BTW: do you we all have the same Rotax motor? I mean Europe and US? Mine is made in Austria and bike is assembled in Canada I think.. same for you guys.?
    Have a good one,
    martin
    All Spyders use Rotax engines. The company has been bought by Bombardier in 1970...

Spyder Garage

Default Gas milage

Went for a ride today and got my forth fill up here in Florida. 738 miles total on machine so still breaking in. Had to get on the throttle hard and gears once as a car changed lanes to the one I was in as I was taking off. I hit the gas and was pleasantly surprised how much pep the F-3S has. I was 10 to 60 in a couple heart beats. This tank was my first I checked for MPG and got 32 mpg 97 octane and hope to improve once I get it broke in. Most of my driving was mid to heavy traffic. Went to beach.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default K & N FILTER

..I custom fit a K & N filter to 1330 Ace engine and I definately think it breathes better.......At the Spyderfest Drags I had a terrible time with excessive wheel-spin.......prior to the K&N This was not the case.........just my experience ......I am not familiar with the filter the F-3 uses with the 1330 engine......if it is the same it's doable ..............you can PM me for details on what and how I did it .......PS I also added a Fan and deleted the AIR SNORKLE .....you may not have to do this tho.......Mike

Spyder Garage

I always did the k&n the fuel air mixture and the exhaust let me know what ya got thanks rob

i
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ..I custom fit a K & N filter to 1330 Ace engine and I definately think it breathes better.......At the Spyderfest Drags I had a terrible time with excessive wheel-spin.......prior to the K&N This was not the case.........just my experience ......I am not familiar with the filter the F-3 uses with the 1330 engine......if it is the same it's doable ..............you can PM me for details on what and how I did it .......PS I also added a Fan and deleted the AIR SNORKLE .....you may not have to do this tho.......Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would just caution against opening things up too much...
    If you start moving too much air through the engine; you might start throwing codes.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey, BLUEKNIGHT911, good talking with you this past week at Spyderfest.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TALKING

Quote Originally Posted by pauly1 View Post
    Hey, BLUEKNIGHT911, good talking with you this past week at Spyderfest.

Wayne
    .......Thanks I'm glad someone likes talking to me ...........Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    you might start throwing codes.

Then the Tron police will be after him
    2019 Rally , Black