Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default burnout straight forward ok...

what sensor do you remove or adjust the have the burnout to fishtail or do donuts

Spyder Garage

I have noted your request in this and the other thread about disconnecting the speed limiter.

Both items may void your warranty if you do them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one..!!

Removing sensors will unfortunately put you into limp mode where you will not be able to do much of anything. Don't know if you can or how far you have to go into the computers to do it. You would need to use the buds system maybe re adjust the yaw some change angle sensors etc. I have seen some video of what looked like a spyder doing burnouts and dounuts search it out on you tube...you know they never lie..and maybe find the guy.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by rob1833 View Post
    what sensor do you remove or adjust the have the burnout to fishtail or do donuts
    Why do you want to do this? There are plenty of ways to win a Darwin award. Myself personally, I would not like to see someone cause a storm of bad press for a machine I love simply because they want to do unsafe things. The safety features are in place for a reason.

The reason you can't buy those horrid three wheeler ATV machines anymore is because they killed people. Despite the warnings that they were unstable on inclined angles and flipped easily, people thought they knew better and ended up a statistic.

Please don't be a statistic rob1833. I'm sure your loved ones want you to live a long and happy life. As does everyone here on Spyderlovers.com

Spyder Garage

Default WHY

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO RUIN A GOOD MACHINE AND/OR TIRE....>??????
    i guess i'm getting old.... this doesn't compute for me... WHY risk your warranty...???
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO RUIN A GOOD MACHINE AND/OR TIRE....>??????
    i guess i'm getting old.... this doesn't compute for me... WHY risk your warranty...???
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S
    Not to mention to increased possibility of severe injury or death.

You're not getting old Dan, I am baffled as well. I realized I was not immortal and bad things can happen when I was 18 years old. That was on the first day I worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Not to mention to increased possibility of severe injury or death.

You're not getting old Dan, I am baffled as well. I realized I was not immortal and bad things can happen when I was 18 years old. That was on the first day I worked on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier.

Small world - I was in Navy on an Amphibious Transport Dock (USS LaSalle) - carried helicopters on deck and a ton of marines below deck - ballast down to launch boats of marines to shore.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Why do you want to do this? There are plenty of ways to win a Darwin award. Myself personally, I would not like to see someone cause a storm of bad press for a machine I love simply because they want to do unsafe things. The safety features are in place for a reason.

The reason you can't buy those horrid three wheeler ATV machines anymore is because they killed people. Despite the warnings that they were unstable on inclined angles and flipped easily, people thought they knew better and ended up a statistic.

Please don't be a statistic rob1833. I'm sure your loved ones want you to live a long and happy life. As does everyone here on Spyderlovers.com
    Doing burn outs is far less dangerous than just riding in traffic..........and, yes, I am already old!
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post
    Doing burn outs is far less dangerous than just riding in traffic..........and, yes, I am already old!
    But again, I ask why. The smell of burning rubber? Proving that you can afford to burn through tires? What does that get you? What tangible benefit do you gain from removing safety features?

If you are in a professional company of guys that do tricks on bikes for a living and get paid for it, I might... might, be able to understand. That is a mitigated risk they take.

If you just want to blow smoke off of a tire... what happens if you lose it and fishtail into a crowd? I take a calculated risk riding on the street. Everyone has to at least take a test to know the rules of the road. I can adjust if someone breaks the rules. I often have.

I just don't see the upside or reward to the risk you want to take. I don't care how pretty she is.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The O.P. has all of 4 posts, and joined this Month...

We've seen this a bunch of times; the first things that folks is, is how to keep Nanny quiet...
    Eventually; they pretty near ALL figure out that it's not worth the effort and bad press...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Since safety seems to be no concern, sell the spyder and get a slingshot. Jmho

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

can't cut and paste but if you go to youtube and search "can am spyder burnouts" you can see all the sillyness and may find some of the guys who can tell you what to do...you can add your video if you go there...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Lighten up! No wonder so many riders think only old geezers ride Spyders.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default BACK

BACK TO ROBS QUESTION:
    "what sensor do you remove".........
    I say it the
    'common sensor' that must be removed.....
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Spyder Garage

Default All things chrome

Quote Originally Posted by rob1833 View Post
    Get in touch with those guys, they know how to do it.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Default I am a leaf on the wind

Quote Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
    Lighten up! No wonder so many riders think only old geezers ride Spyders.
    I'm light coastrider, I'm just looking for the thought process here. Maybe it was because I was in the military and got hazardous duty pay for my job because it was dangerous.

Things like this were possible to happen if you ignored safety procedures:

I'm just curious about the mindset of someone that would knowingly want to disable or bypass built in safety.

Spyder Garage

Maybe you're right. I'm just going to wrap myself in bubble wrap and hide under the bed.
    2014 RTS , Spyderpops oversized brake pedal Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Who are you too judge.

Wow some pretty closed minded and judgemental answers here...thought this was a forum to help each other out, rather than belittling their ideas because you personally don't agree with them.

But back to topic, wish I knew the answer for this one.

I personally would be very interested in what you find out on this! Please post what you find, and ignore the nay-sayers!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by llyrad View Post
    Wow some pretty closed minded and judgemental answers here...thought this was a forum to help each other out, rather than belittling their ideas because you personally don't agree with them.

I personally would be very interested in what you find out on this! Please post what you find, and ignore the nay-sayers!
    Thing is, I do know the answer. It is actually very easy to do.

I will always refuse to tell another human how easily it is to increase their chance of death or permanent injury on a Spyder. I just won't do it. Call me close minded, judgmental, old, fuddy-duddy, cream puff, butterscotch... it's a long list. I does not matter to me.

If you come to a forum where everyone loves something and you ask for advice or knowledge to make the thing they love look bad because you want to be cool or cutting edge or impress your friends... you are in the wrong place and I wish you luck finding a forum like that.
    Last edited by CanAmChris; 04-29-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

you're assuming a lot of things. You're assuming you know why this individual is doing what he is doing, you're assuming he is doing it for nefarious reasons. Again who are you to judge. If you feel that superior to him, skip the 'holier than thou' and move onto the next thread. And gladly your closed minded judgemental attitude is the abnormal attitude on this forum, as i've found the majority of the members to be open minded and giving of there knowledge and experience.

That is all I wish to say on this topic.

Good day.

I will always refuse to tell another human how easily it is to increase their chance of death or permanent injury on a Spyder. I just won't do it. Call me close minded, judgmental, old, fuddy-duddy, cream puff, butterscotch... it's a long list. I does not matter to me.

If you come to a forum where everyone loves something and you ask for advice or knowledge to make the thing they love look bad because you want to be cool or cutting edge or impress your friends... you are in the wrong place and I wish you luck finding a forum like that.
    Last edited by llyrad; 04-29-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

check things out folks. The OP has only four posts since signing up. The regulars are now arguing over a point that seems not worth arguing over.

The bait seems to have been dropped--did we swallow it hook, line, and sinker?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

So many tangles on this site

Not enough haircream detangler

Fer Godsake
    Sometimes---
    I almost say something-----
    Bitch bitch bitch

Spyder Garage

Default we

Quote Originally Posted by llyrad View Post

are not 'nay-sayers'... and YES we are trying to help... HELP KEEP HIM SAFE, and his ride in tact...
    just say'n
    Dan P
    SPYD3R F3-S

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

jtpollock

Spyder Garage

Default Burnout

Took some digging, but here is the thread that covers how to do your burnout. And as another member has mentioned it is quite easy to do.

I did a test to see if this works, and it does. If you do try it, just be careful, and enjoy your Spyder.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...spyder-burnout