Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Default May Over-nighter Info

So sorry that this information is coming out so late....it's been a bit crazy around here lately....but here it is:

We are riding to southern Wisconsin...Dodgeville area to be exact leaving on May 23 (Saturday) and heading home on May 25 (Monday). The motel we will be staying at is the Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin. www.donqinn.net/ We have a block of 15 rooms, the cost is $79.95 per night, yes Tommy, there is a pool! Here is the phone number to make your reservations: 608.935.2321, remember to tell them that you part of the Caswell Riders. The deadline for making reservations is May 9th (again sorry for the lateness of this post).

Our exact route is still in the planning stages so at this point I cannot tell you the HOW of getting down there...that will come in another post. Just know that we will be traveling through some very beautiful countryside on great roads. Come prepared for all weather (bring rain gear) we will ride no matter what unless conditions are such that travel is unsafe.

While down in this area we will explore different areas on each of the days of travel. On Monday as we head back home, please feel free to take off in whatever direction you need to arrive at your house...you don't have to follow Les all the back to Mora (well Kaye does) unless that's on your way home too! If your plan is to leave the group, we would appreciate it if you would let us know in advance that you are going to do that...then we won't worry that we left you behind or lost you en route.

So mark your calendars and pray to the weather gods that we have great weather! Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

You folks have a great destination planned. The Don Q is a "very interesting" place indeed.

Are you folks planning on visiting the famous House on the Rock in Spring Green? It is worth seeing.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-28-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Reservations have been made

Les & Kathy
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Question

I haven't seen much action on this thread. Is the ride still on? I think I would like to join you.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kawboy View Post
    I haven't seen much action on this thread. Is the ride still on? I think I would like to join you.
    The ride is most certainly still on. I have been at Spyderfest and then dealing with coming home and having to go back to work.

I will be putting out more details on the route and other things very soon.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    You folks have a great destination planned. The Don Q is a "very interesting" place indeed.

Are you folks planning on visiting the famous House on the Rock in Spring Green? It is worth seeing.
    I agree with the Don Q....it did sound quite interesting (I hope we can tour some of the fun rooms). We don't have plans to visit the House on the Rock...but as always I tell our riders they can branch off any time to tailor the trip to fit their schedules.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Butch2025&Paula View Post
    I agree with the Don Q....it did sound quite interesting (I hope we can tour some of the fun rooms). We don't have plans to visit the House on the Rock...but as always I tell our riders they can branch off any time to tailor the trip to fit their schedules.
    It's all beautiful country around there. They used to have an Amish village at New Glarus.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Just made reservations at Don Q. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry, can't make this one!

Enjoy the May ride - we have a conflict and will not be able to make this one. Sounds like a great ride - enjoy and be safe!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Count me in...

I was busy with other things there for a bit, but just now made the hotel reservations for this ryde.

Out with the old - Blue 2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    In with the new - Black/Silver 2015 RTS SE6
    Special Series
    Blue 2012 RT622 Trailer - now vinyl wrapped as Black/Silver

Spyder Garage

Reservations made.....Pete and Kim.....
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I wasn't able to make it. Boss made me work.

NOW
    2014 RT-S Circuit Yellow
    THEN
    2001 Kawasaki Nomad 1500
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad 1600
    and again
    2007 Kawasaki Nomad 1600

I loved the feeling of the wind in my hair,
    Just
    Wish I had hair to remind me.