Spyder Garage

Default 014 ST Limited tool kit.

Just wondering what others got in there tool kit? Did a tool come in yours for adjusting the front shocks and anything else not shown here?
    This is all I got in mine.
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Spyder Garage

This is the 2014 tool kit. Looks like you are missing the rag/polishing cloth or whatever that is.

Attached Images Attached Images

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    This is the 2014 tool kit. Looks like you are missing the rag/polishing cloth or whatever that is.

Thanks I have the cloth........No tool for the shocks....:>(
    Some people are like Slinkies good for nothing but fun when tossed down the stairs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrwog View Post
    Thanks I have the cloth........No tool for the shocks....:>(
    The stock shocks are not adjustable so no shock tool.
    Marilyn 2023 RTL Red
    John 2023 RTL Black

previous:
    2015 RTS SE6 Red
    2015 F3S SE6 Silver
    2011 RT SM5 Silver
    2013 STS SM5 Silver

"common sense will prevail....but we see no sign of that"

Spyder Garage

Default Agree..!!

They are not adjustable therefore you don't need that tool...you can get the adjusters from BajaRon...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrwog View Post
    Just wondering what others got in there tool kit? Did a tool come in yours for adjusting the front shocks and anything else not shown here?
    This is all I got in mine.
    your 2014 Front shocks are not adjustable so there is no spanner wrench included in the tool kit.. That is the all you get in the tool kit.
    I made up my own tool kit and carry it in the spyder too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj View Post
    The stock shocks are not adjustable so no shock tool.
    The 2014 st limited has fox podium shock that are adjustable, I have already adjusted them .

Spyder Garage

014 ST limited shocks......my Spyder

Spyder Garage

Interesting post.
    I had a 2010 RTS and now a 2014 RTS.
    What struck me as different between the 2010 and the 2014 tool kits: The 2014 tool kit didn't come with a tire pressure gauge.
    I see there is no tire gauge in the ST kit either.
    I find that remarkable, since the handling of these machines is dependent on correct inflation of the front tires.
    Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A couple of large channel locks will break the two shock rings. Then you adjust the upper ring to whatever. Then lock them back.

After 10k miles in my Fix shocks I found them sagging and had to do this to get things normal again. I now have Elka's. (One is leaking)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430196474.233949.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I ordered a shock adjustment tool for my front shocks. 9.73 at Louis Powersports.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I ordered a shock adjustment tool for my front shocks. 9.73 at Louis Powersports.
    Just came from the dealer I went to order the adjustment tool and he couldn't find it so he said he would contact BRP.
    We looked in the F3 tool kit (has the same shocks) and there was not one in that tool kit either. One would think it would be supplied

Spyder Garage

I picked it up yesterday but have not tried to do any adjustments. Ill try it out today. The square hole is where you are supposed to insert a socket wrench to turn it.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

I know its not a BRP part but . I showed the parts guy the Fox Shocks Im trying to adjust and that is what he ordered for me. Ill let you all know how it went later.
    Sorry for the huge pic, I thought the software would reduce the size by itself.

What I dont know is the procedure. I did my wifes Harley last night. She has a softail. The directions on it said to loosen the locking nut and turn the shock with the wrench I got for her. On the Harley manuel, it has a chart on how many turns to weight ratio. Example, 2 turns for a rider that is 220-275 pounds.
    You are supposed to mark the starting point with a sharpie to reference how many turns you made.
    Last edited by AY4B; 04-30-2015 at 07:20 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

On the Harley, the tool I got did not quite fit. I had to shave some metal off both teeth on the bench grinder to get it to work. The point is, sometimes you may have to refine the tool to get it to work for you.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Ok, I adjusted the spring nuts 2 times around tighter and took it for a spin, It seemed to help the steering sensitivity more than anything. I felt more confident to take the curves faster. I was taking 40 MPH curves about 55-65 MPH with pretty good feel.
    The tool worked great except you have to break loose the lock nut with a screwdriver and a hammer. The rest is done with the tool. I had the spyder on a jack though. Im sure it can be done either way. I did mark the nut and the shock with a sharpie. Don't mark the spring because it will turn with the nut.
    keep in mind. Im still pretty green when it comes to driving a spyder. I have about 1300 miles on mine. Im gaining confidence from riding AND have also recently added the Baja Ron Sway Bar w links. But it shure felt more sensitive, So much so, that I at first thought maybie I should back it off a turn. After awhile, It started getting funner and Funner.

FYI
    I use a regular motorcycle Jack I got at Northern Tools, I drive the Spyder up on 3 pieces of 3/4 inch plywood first so that the jack will roll under the Spyder.
    Last edited by AY4B; 04-30-2015 at 11:48 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited