Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spyder Garage

That set screw is also posted here..
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ter-oil-change

Spyder Garage

A couple more years and another 5,000 mi. no problems yet from the missing screw ( it does not get babied).

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Bob, Wondering if you filed your case with NHSA, Even if it was repaired by the manufacturing company under warranty. It is a good idea to file and accumulate some historical cases. Here is the place you can file:YOU CAN FILE ANY DEFECTS OR SAFETY CONCERNS AT THIS LINK: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls THE NATIONAL Highway Safety Administration. Be as specific as possible when you file a report. The more people file the more your concerns are likely to be investigated by the manufacturing company. Thanks for your postings I used them to supplement my filing case. Hope you are happy with the results. My case was denied repairs by BRP.
    Last edited by Oldtimer51; 04-04-2020 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Correction

Spyder Garage

Speedycoop. please don't forget to file your case with NHTSA. It is important to create a record of these failures by the manufacturing company #BRP. My Spyder had the same problem and BRP refused so far to cover the repair that apparently is not that dificul but costly labor and parts. I was quoted $550 to get it taken apart by the dealer and I refused since mine is still running. YOU CAN FILE ANY DEFECTS OR SAFETY CONCERNS AT THIS LINK: https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls THE NATIONAL Highway Safety Administration. Be as specific as possible when you file a report. The more people file the more more your concerns are likely to be investigated by BRP and possibly resolved even on the older spyders. Yours is the third one that I am aware of that has same loose screw problem. You can add the photos from Bob's case.
    Last edited by Oldtimer51; 04-04-2020 at 04:13 PM. Reason: correction

Spyder Garage

Oldtimer51, how did it go with BRP? How many oil duct screws got tossed or inadvertently wiped off the drain plug and never seen or still stuck in the motor somewhere? Makes you wonder.

Spyder Garage

Hi Bob", and yeah the AirBox was a pain in the arse LOL when I put new spark plugs in my Spyder too,

Regards Peter

Spyder Garage

Well folks, looks like I may be joining this club....2012 RT-S with a hair over 30k on the odo. It's developed this leak. Out of warranty, and I'm a backyard mechanic as best and this just may be outta my league due to lack of time and most likely not all the correct tools. I'll place a call to Blackman's Cycle (Emmaus PA) and see if I can get a rough estimate for parts and labor.

Sucks, too....I was able to do sooo much on my own this past spring (airbox now gone thanx to JT, new plugs and wiring from Lamonster, full coolant flush, all brake lines flushed (yes I do have BUDS so the ABS got done too), replaced rear sprocket due to the Red Death).

Spyder Garage

Default Same set screw issue

I just purchased a 2011 RT with only 8000 miles. This past weekend I foun the set screw stuck to the drain plug when changing the oil. There doesn’t seem to be any conclusion in the thread whether or not the repair is necessary. Any further thoughts after time has gone by?