Spyder Garage

Default Route suggestion through St. Louis area

Traveling to Spyderfest and planning to stop in Ashland KY on Monday then continue to Springfield on Tuesday. Would it be better to use 255/270 to go around St. Louis or is it ok to use 44 straight through?
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

I would suggest getting on I-255 South on the Illinois side and take the Jefferson Barracks bridge from Illinois into South County. That turns into I-270 which will run you back to I-44. 8-9 miles longer than running thru St Louis but less traffic and possible back-up's gong thru downtown St Louis. A lot of construction going on crossing bridge in downtown St Louis.
    Ryde safe and see you at SpyderFest..

Spyder Garage

haven't been thru there in a while, although when I was, it did not matter what time, day or night, it was always terrible traffic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schlic View Post
    I would suggest getting on I-255 South on the Illinois side and take the Jefferson Barracks bridge from Illinois into South County. That turns into I-270 which will run you back to I-44. 8-9 miles longer than running thru St Louis but less traffic and possible back-up's gong thru downtown St Louis. A lot of construction going on crossing bridge in downtown St Louis.
    Ryde safe and see you at SpyderFest..

The main bridge crossing the Mississippi from Il. into Mo. has two lanes out of the four closed for repaving. It is best to go the above route!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

I live in close by and would recommend post number two as the only accepted route for the next eight months.