Spyder Garage

Default Collected the F3 today

Having sold the RT earlier it's been a few weeks without a Spyder, but as promised by the guys at 158, my new F3 arrived slightly ahead of schedule.

The new Cannonball seat arrived as well, so now i'm just waiting on the BlueRidge Windscreen, Backrest and few other bits. The sun even came out to celebrate me collecting it, so I had a lovely drive home. What a piece of machinery, the F3 is genuinely a great bit of kit and so nice to ride. I'm 6ft and have the pegs at position 5 and it really is so much more relaxed to ride for me than the RT.

As I know it is the law, attached a few photos

Al.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 F3-S Magnesium - CannonBall Seat fitted but a few other bits still on back order

Spyder Garage

Enjoy!

Spyder Garage

Is that a Cayman in the background of the shot? Nice Cage!
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Congratulations!

Back on the road again!

Enjoy, but be careful, I understand that there are many people in your area that drive on the wrong side of the road. Scary

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Default Merry once more in the UK

must be the UK no one in America collects their ryde. Congrats thats one fine looking F3.. really nice that the weather cooperated for your first ryde home...enjoy...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

looking good
    Open up your Mind and let your Fantasies Unwind!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
    Is that a Cayman in the background of the shot? Nice Cage!
    Thank you, yes it is. I think both come under the category of Boys toys
    2015 F3-S Magnesium - CannonBall Seat fitted but a few other bits still on back order

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    must be the UK no one in America collects their ryde. Congrats thats one fine looking F3.. really nice that the weather cooperated for your first ryde home...enjoy...
    Thank you. You are correct I am in the UK. Collection is a good excuse for an extra ride ( when the weather is nice)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Good to hear, Al. Make the most of the springlike weather......I now have over 800 miles on mine since Good Friday.

Spyder Garage

A fine looking

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

make sure you dont drive on the wrong side of the road ,just bscause ever one else drives like that.show all those other drivers to drive like you are in america,i do.

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great looking seat
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default seat

May I have a question. Did you try also the "basic" seat and then you decided to go for the extra one? or have you bought it without trying.?
    I am really curious about sitting position, because I am tall man, are you sitting even lower that with basic seat or is it the same height position,?
    you have F3s so why they did not do the red stitching for you as well on this seat.?
    enjoy ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    May I have a question. Did you try also the "basic" seat and then you decided to go for the extra one? or have you bought it without trying.?
    I am really curious about sitting position, because I am tall man, are you sitting even lower that with basic seat or is it the same height position,?
    you have F3s so why they did not do the red stitching for you as well on this seat.?
    enjoy ride.
    Hi Martin. Yes i did try the basic seat first. There were a couple of reasons i went for the cannonball seat, firstly it looks better (in my opinion) but maybe not as sporty. The passenger seat is actually sculpted to be more of a seat with a rear lip rather than a flat surface, which i think will be more comfortable as i want my wife / kids to be able to use regularly. I have attached a side by side comparison to show the difference in seat shape. It also feels like i am sitting very slightly lower in the seat. All round it just works for me. The cannonball seat has a different fabric ( looks more like a tyre tread), i don't think it needed red stitching as well, its nice that different accessories look different. Stock seat looks great too so i think its really just about which one works for you.

I love the fact that everyone has different taste, nobody is right or wrong in that regard and Can-am and their partners are pretty good at giving everyone options to make their ride very personal.

Attached Images Attached Images