Spyder Garage

Default Need help! Please!

I don't get it, maybe someone could shed some light here....

09 RS with juice box pro and hindle exhaust, stock air filter.

My problem is after I come back from a initial ride, 1 hour or so. I would shut the bike off for a few minutes then decide to go back out. I would start the bike and put it into first gear and the bike would hesitate (almost feels like limb mode no popping)until I give it more gas following second gear and then it's fine.

I tried multiple settings on the juice box but no change.

I was going to start with changing the fuel filter because I believe it was never change because of the low mileage (3250) but it is 6 year old.

The initial ride is always good[emoji53]
    Any thoughts on that would be appreciated [emoji111]🏻

Thanks andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Not sure..!!

but some of those fuel controllers had special o2 sensors. If your computer is adjusting for the change and the controller is adjusting there may be confussion. Once the computer adjusts it runs fine. could be a throttle body problem on shut down, could be vaccum leaks. I ran a hindle with no controller with no problems you could try disconnecting the controller...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    but some of those fuel controllers had special o2 sensors. If your computer is adjusting for the change and the controller is adjusting there may be confussion. Once the computer adjusts it runs fine. could be a throttle body problem on shut down, could be vaccum leaks. I ran a hindle with no controller with no problems you could try disconnecting the controller...
    Hi Chubaca,

When I bought my controller it didn't come with a special O2 sensor... I just had to plug the connector to it. I believe!

Throttle body? Sticking closed or open? Vacuum lines looked good when I installed the juice box... Maybe I'll have to check again.

But it is very weird that the initial run of the bike is great.. Just when u shut it off and turn it back on it has this problem.

[emoji30][emoji30][emoji30][emoji30]

Thank u for the response!
    Andy

Spyder Garage

I forgot to mention I did try stock setting with JBP but no luck, same results.