Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RBS66 View Post
    WOW that's great to hear BRP is taking care of you.
    I really do attribute part of that to the dealer but I am glad they are standing behind their product and want to make sure it is as good as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by RBS66 View Post
    Leisure Sports N Turf is where I purchased my spyder.
    Next time you are there, tell Adam that CanAmChris-(F3) said hi! I have been going there for years. I even take the Harley to them. An honest, fair and hard working dealer is difficult to find. I'm glad I have those guys. They really do care about their customers. On more than one occasion they have given me a ride home when one of the bikes had to stay overnight.

Spyder Garage

Default Chris, in your place . . . . .

. . . . . I would hope that I had as much common sense and class as you do.

Way too often, we Spyder Riders get over-cooked and dramatic over things. Things like this are not fun, but you ( and the rest of us ) will get through it. It is the reason we buy warranties after all.

I hope you are back on the road soon and thanks for the great update & being a good example for us all.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    . . . . . I would hope that I had as much common sense and class as you do.
    Tom, this means a lot to me. Thank you.

Way too often, we Spyder Riders get over-cooked and dramatic over things. Things like this are not fun, but you ( and the rest of us ) will get through it. It is the reason we buy warranties after all.
    It's all about perspective. Not to get too heavy but, there are millions of people on this planet who don't know if they will have enough to eat tomorrow. Compared to that, I am amazingly lucky that one of my very few problems in life is a shiny new F3 Spyder not working exactly like I expected.

I hope you are back on the road soon and thanks for the great update & being a good example for us all.

Tom
    As promised, I will update my fellow Spyder Lovers until everything is worked out. Thanks again for the kind words.

Spyder Garage

Default Update

Well, it looks like BRP is toeing the line. They really want to figure this out.

I am glad to report that they are already talking about giving me some credit for accessories and such. From all the conversations I have had, they are stepping up to make things right. I will post more details as they become available but as was said by Cato the Elder in ancient Rome "Patience is the greatest virtue."

As much as I want my bike back. I want BRP to be able to fix any potential problem for everyone, if there actually is a problem. It might turn out that there is no problem and my engine was fine all along.

I will keep my fellow Spyderlovers posted.

Spyder Garage

Default Quick Progress...

The new engine arrived at the dealer today. Believe it or not, they are short one gasket. It has not shown up yet. (The dealer had to order all the gaskets and such sundries separately). If is shows up tomorrow, I might be back in the saddle with a new engine this weekend.

It's funny, As I was thanking the guys at the dealership for stepping up so well, they were throwing the thanks right back at me. It seems that a lot of fully grown-up people get angry when their toys break. I'm glad I'm not one of them.

I'll keep my fellow Spyderlovers posted on the progress and outcome.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    The new engine arrived at the dealer today. Believe it or not, they are short one gasket. It has not shown up yet. (The dealer had to order all the gaskets and such sundries separately). If is shows up tomorrow, I might be back in the saddle with a new engine this weekend.

It's funny, As I was thanking the guys at the dealership for stepping up so well, they were throwing the thanks right back at me. It seems that a lot of fully grown-up people get angry when their toys break. I'm glad I'm not one of them.

I'll keep my fellow Spyderlovers posted on the progress and outcome.
    Glad there on top of it.

Spyder Garage

Default Update

Sorry for the delay fellow SpyderLovers, I didn't even think to say anything about this because I have been riding the loaner.

That's right, the guys a Leisure gave me one of their demos to ride until mine is fixed. It's an F3-S SE6. The foot pegs are one setting back from mine, and it's a hair slower because it's silver and not Peal White, but I don't care. I'm actually staring to feel bad because I've already put almost 500 miles on it.

So... I talked to the Service Manager yesterday. The gasket finally arrived and they started installing the new engine. I told them to take their time.('cause... loaner!) By the way, Can-Am sent the new engine second day air, straight from the factory in Belgium, to my dealer in PA. I don't know what the freight cost was, but I imagine it wasn't cheap.

They are also talking about giving me some credit towards my accessories and such.

All in all, I couldn't be happier with how this is turning out. Can-Am is standing behind their product in a big way and my dealer... I just can't say enough good things about them. They have been amazing.

Hopefully the next update will be the last and I will have my bike back better than new!

Spyder Garage

Default Vin #

CanamChris, will you tell me what your last four of you vin # is if this thing is determined to be a Problem.
    My was a very early one and has had a few small issues.
    I hope all works out well for you, glad you have such a great dealer.
    You're very understanding and patient, we should all be more like that.
    take care,
    DJ
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad BRP and your dealer are standing up for you on this issue. I hope you get your F3 back soon and all will be well.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    CanamChris, will you tell me what your last four of you vin # is if this thing is determined to be a Problem.
    My was a very early one and has had a few small issues.
    DJ, If they find it is not just my bad luck I'll message you the number.

I hope all works out well for you, glad you have such a great dealer.
    Thanks, I talked with the owner last Saturday and again on Sunday when I went on a ride with the dealership guys to a VFW breakfast. Really nice guy. He rides an RT and loves it. He said his heart sank when he heard what was going on and told the guys to do whatever they could, even if they had to give me my 2010 trade-in back until everything was sorted out.

They just started to do rides on the first Sunday of the month in the summer so I will be going on as many of those as I can.

You're very understanding and patient, we should all be more like that.
    take care,
    DJ
    Thanks again DJ. The thing is, the situation made me unhappy, I only had my shiny new toy for two days and then it got taken away. But what is the point of spreading unhappiness? That serves no purpose. Life's short... If I can't be with the bike I love... I'll love the bike I'm with...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I'm glad BRP and your dealer are standing up for you on this issue. I hope you get your F3 back soon and all will be well.
    Thanks PrairieSpyder, I hope to have her back before you run out of popcorn!

Spyder Garage

I have two sitting in my driveway right now that make the same "noise". An F3 and a F3 S. Both with less than 500 miles on them.
    Has there been anything "official" put out by BRP?
    Thanks, Rick

Spyder Garage

Sorry for the delay fellow SpyderLovers, I didn't even think to say anything about this because I have been riding the loaner.

That's right, the guys a Leisure gave me one of their demos to ride until mine is fixed. It's an F3-S SE6. The foot pegs are one setting back from mine, and it's a hair slower because it's silver and not Peal White, but I don't care. I'm actually staring to feel bad because I've already put almost 500 miles on it.
    Does the demo F3 make the same tranny sounds your original engine made?

Rode a demo and the throttle was much more responsive, made the same chatter in neutral.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Mine sounds like it's chewing rocks since new,over 1,000 miles. I think it's a normal sound if it wasn't motors will be falling left and right by now

Spyder Garage

My sm6 has less noise than the gs had.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    I have two sitting in my driveway right now that make the same "noise". An F3 and a F3 S. Both with less than 500 miles on them.
    Has there been anything "official" put out by BRP?
    Thanks, Rick
    Nothing official yet Rick. The thing is, it might not be a problem at all. For we know, this is just a noise the engine makes and all is well. I think that BRP is taking the cautious approach and I was the simply first owner to bring it up. I do not want to be the guy who causes an unneeded panic.

My only advice to my fellow SpyderLovers is to ride. Ride your Spyder like you normally would. There was no decrease in performance or safety. It was just a sound that caught my ear.

Please guys, don't freak out. I am starting to regret making the original post because I don't have all the facts yet and it has caused people to worry.

Remember, Rotax makes aircraft engines... there is nothing less forgiving then flight. if they didn't make reliable engines they would have been out of business long ago.

I will keep you guys updated as I find out more.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
    Mine sounds like it's chewing rocks since new,over 1,000 miles. I think it's a normal sound if it wasn't motors will be falling left and right by now
    That is what I am thinking and hoping for as well. As I said, I think BRP is just taking the cautious approach to make sure. If I have to be the guy without his bike for a while, I am cool with that. My dealer has taken care of me. I rode the loaner to work today.

Spyder Garage

That is what I am thinking and hoping for as well. As I said, I think BRP is just taking the cautious approach to make sure. If I have to be the guy without his bike for a while, I am cool with that. My dealer has taken care of me. I rode the loaner to work today.
    That's what we do at work,if A problem might exist on a early production they want to know about it now besides later to make the necessary correction quickly

Spyder Garage

I would feel more comfortable calling this "noise" normal if a few more of the 2,579 views had chimed in with "yeah that's how mine sounds". Don't apologize for initiating this thread. It was definitely the right thing to do. Please keep us informed of the end result.
    Rick

Spyder Garage

This afternoon I rode my Spyder again. She is home now.

I would have posted more updates but I felt it best to wait until the end. So if you have a few minutes, I will tell you how it panned out.

In our last chapter, BRP had sent the new engine second day air, straight from the factory in Belgium to my dealer in PA. Well… when there are humans involved, there might be mistakes. They sent the wrong engine.

In response to this turn of events, my dealer told me to just keep riding their demo. So I did.

As the days passed I was starting to get worried about the miles I had put on the demo. I was told not to worry about it. I ended up putting almost 1,400 miles on the demo and they didn't blink an eye. All this time I was also dropping off farkles to be put on the bike while it was still in the shop.

Let’s go through the list:
    XenonDepot LED head lights
    Spyder F3 Side Blinker Kit
    Spyder F3 Engine Light Kit
    Custom Dynamics Dual Color LED Day Runners
    Wolo Big Bad Max Air Horn
    Show Chrome Fender LED Reflectors Amber
    Show Chrome Fender LED Reflectors Red
    Blade Rims

So… this afternoon was like Christmas morning all over again.

Now I know that at the heart of the matter was the noise.There was no word on a cause but that is because I am out of the loop while the BRP techs tear apart my old engine to see what was causing it. I do have my BRP case number and I will follow up with them and give you guys any information I get.

BRP did issue me a credit that covered the cost of an accessory…

But in the end, it was my dealer that shined. The guys at Leisure Sports ‘N Turf took a big hit on the warranty work swapping out the engine. If anyone has the tech manual for the F3, look at the hours listed for an engine swap. Then ask yourself if you could perform that procedure in the time allotted, the very first time. Real world number is at least 4x the manual.

So, in closing I will say this. A good dealer is worth their weight in gold. I might live the rest of my life in South Eastern PA. I might not. One thing is for sure, I will never buy a bike from another dealer. If you live within 100 miles of Leisure Sports ‘N Turf, it is worth it to have them as your dealer.

Now here is a grainy photo I took with my phone:

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

WOW looks great
    Last edited by BeRight; 06-06-2015 at 06:59 AM.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default need rear fender LED

with all that lighting on the front (looks great!), now the back half looks a bit dark. IF you're keeping the back fender, you should add the rear fender LEDs too.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    WOW looks great
    Thanks BeRight. I really love the lights and blade rims. It's funny, the first time I saw the F3 I thought the Blades would be great on it but the accessory catalog didn't list it as a fit. I am glad that other blazed the trail for me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by one2doo View Post
    It was a long wait, but in the end worth it. Thanks one2doo.

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    with all that lighting on the front (looks great!), now the back half looks a bit dark. IF you're keeping the back fender, you should add the rear fender LEDs too.
    That's the plan vondalyn. I just need the bank account to recover for a little while. I am still waiting on my saddle bags so I don't know yet if I will get one set of side LEDs or two. In a perfect work I could figure out an easily hidden wire harness that would allow me to switch between bags on and bags off. Don't worry, I am not done. Once she is finished I will post more pics on a different thread.

Spyder Garage

Default The F3 looks great . . .

. . . . So, how does it sound to you?

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.