Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New member

I am interested in the f3. It will be some time in the future before I purchase one. How do you get to test ride one? A dealer I went to said they do not allow anyone to ride one. I am just curious. The f3 looks like a lot of fun.

Chad

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chaddlee1978 View Post
    I am interested in the f3. It will be some time in the future before I purchase one. How do you get to test ride one? A dealer I went to said they do not allow anyone to ride one. I am just curious. The f3 looks like a lot of fun.

Chad
    Test drives depend heavily on the person who wants to take the test drive. Someone who has rode a two wheeler for years might not react correctly to a bad situation their first time on a Spyder. It really is a different animal.

I know my dealer won't let anyone take a test ride unless they have a motorcycle endorsement on their drivers license. If you only have a permit, you are out of luck.

It's one thing to risk a $9,000 HD Sportster or an $8,000 650cc Ninja to a novice... but we are talking about a $20,000+ machine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chaddlee1978 View Post

Chad
    Call around to other dealers - many now have dedicated demo units - you also might check BRP website for locations/dates they are doing demo's - good luck
    Last edited by BeRight; 04-23-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: added dates
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpyderGirl View Post
    I have ridden my 2012 RS-S for a little over 3000 miles and love it,however I had quite a bit of shoulder fatigue after a 600 mile ride bent forward due to the sport position of the RS-S. I love the sporty ride of it but will be doing some longer rides. Was ready to go buy an F3 but reading about the vibration issues I am wondering if I should wait for Can Am to figure it out.

I got mine last week. I don't notice any vibration issues beyond a normal bike. fyi I got $2000 off the sticker from Can Am.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I remodeled the consul on my RS-S so I could install Moose Racing high rise ATV bars. They only cost $45. The improvement was amazing. Since then I bought an F3-S, it was worth every penny. Far superior ride.

Spyder Garage

Cool F3 Vibration

I took possession of my F3S on Jan. 21 and I Have to admit the vibration on this ride is MUCH more prevalent than it was on my 2009 GS or my 2013 ST-L. I've had the tension check twice and it's always right on spec. Between 65 and 75 it is really bad with the worse being at 70. It does lessen if you are not accelerating and just cruising. At 76 it's smooth and quiet. My dealer checked it against a new F3 on the lot and found exactly the same thing. It appears that it is not dangerous nor does it harm the Spyder. It is just very annoying. I do ride the F3 rather aggressively, so that might part of the reason but I doubt it. I've spoken to BRP several times and they say they are working on it. Other than this vibration, I love my F3 and I definitely do NOT regret buying it. It's the most fun I've had since going to 3 wheels.

Spyder Garage

On my 2010 RS I tried a number of risers that fit on the stock handle bars and found them all to be lacking. For most I would think that changing to the 7" handle bars would work great. You do need to snip some of the zip ties to get a bit more slack but other than being a pain to get the stock bars off that is all that is needed. One additional benifit is you can adjust the bars up and down to suit your height and are far enough back to allow more comfort. I did also put the 9" bars on mine but you then have to change the throttle cable which I found wasn't worth the effort.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jharpo View Post
    I've spoken to BRP several times and they say they are working on it.

Did BRP give you any other info? I don't understand "they are working on it..."? I LOVE my F3 but shouldn't they have "worked on it" before shipping them out? My bike is 99% perfect and if they can "fix" this then it will be 110% perfect!

Keeping my fingers crossed...
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default risers

The F3 must be a really great machine. Maybe someday? No one could blame you for taking the plunge! For now I have 4 inch risers and am very happy with my RS. Love the ride and find myself very comfortable even for longer rides.

Spyder Garage

The F3s is the most kick ass machine I've had in this category smoking the GS and my Harley.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    Did BRP give you any other info? I don't understand "they are working on it..."? I LOVE my F3 but shouldn't they have "worked on it" before shipping them out? My bike is 99% perfect and if they can "fix" this then it will be 110% perfect!

Keeping my fingers crossed...
    Hi RPM, let me preface this with, "I am not trying to be a dick here."

Maybe I misread the tone of your post so please let me know if I did.

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    ...I LOVE my F3 but shouldn't they have "worked on it" before shipping them out? My bike is 99% perfect and if they can "fix" this then it will be 110% perfect!...
    They did work on it before they shipped them out. It was designed, engineered and tested. It is a great man made machine. But as all man made machines... it will never be perfect. That is impossible. There is no such thing as 110%. That is a fictional number created by sports coaches to push humans beyond the limits they think they can endure.

Metals can not push past that constraint.

Again, sorry if I took your post the wrong way, but to expect perfection from BRP is even more ridiculous then expecting perfection from Ford.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Hi RPM, let me preface this with, "I am not trying to be a dick here."

Maybe I misread the tone of your post so please let me know if I did.

They did work on it before they shipped them out. It was designed, engineered and tested. It is a great man made machine. But as all man made machines... it will never be perfect. That is impossible. There is no such thing as 110%. That is a fictional number created by sports coaches to push humans beyond the limits they think they can endure.

Metals can not push past that constraint.

Again, sorry if I took your post the wrong way, but to expect perfection from BRP is even more ridiculous then expecting perfection from Ford.
    CanAmChris,

No offense taken. I was referencing Jharpo stating that BRP is "working on" a fix for the marked vibration and grinding that some of us are feeling. I understand harmonic vibrations are normal on belt drive bikes but the grinding I/we feel is more than the "normal" amount. If BRP is aware of it and "working on it" then it would have been nice to have "worked on it" prior to finalizing the F3. My statement that my bike is "99% perfect" is my indication that I think the F3 is a GREAT bike and I have no significant gripes against the bike. My "110% perfect" comment is simply hyperbole to the possibility of lessening the vibration/grinding that I/we feel at those specific speeds/RPMs.

"but to expect perfection from BRP is even more ridiculous then expecting perfection from Ford"

Actually, I think the bike is 99% "perfect" so that's pretty damn good by your standards!

Ryde safe, my friend.
    Robert
    2022 Spyder RT SEA-TO-SKY Mystery Blue... (bought new May 2023, a work in progress...)

2015 Can-Am Red F3-S, SE6
    CalSci shield, Elka stage 5 rear shock, stage 4 front shocks, Akrapovic silencer, BajaRon Bar, Roadster Renovations vibration dampener, Tricled LED headlights and auxiliary lights, driver floorboard, driver and passenger backrests, Tricled Safety Led package, Shad BRP/SH36 side cases, Baker built luggage rack, Tricled Rear run/brake/turn signal led, Tricled LED piezo brake bullet strobe, JDM Astar LED bulbs for rear and front lights, Airhawk seat pad, USB power outlet

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default price

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I got mine last week. I don't notice any vibration issues beyond a normal bike. fyi I got $2000 off the sticker from Can Am.
    did you pay shipping and set up fees with that

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you

Thanks for the information. I do have my motorcycle endorsements. I have contacting another dealer. Will have to see what they say. It does look fun to ride.