Thread: Mode Button

Spyder Garage

Default Mode Button

I just had both knees replaced in Feb so today is only the second time I've ridden my Spyder this year. I noticed both times:

1. Orange Screen came up saying Brake Malfunction änd the screen showed the red light blinking indicating my emergency brake was still on. It was not. I shut off my machine, waited a while, turned it back on. Same thing. Rode 25 miles, shut it off, went to church, when I came out and started her up again it was fine.

2. Mode button totally bypasses my Audio Screen. Press once, goes to trip meter screen, press twice, goes to trailer hookup screen, press again and it goes back to my main screen. I can't get to my radio at all. Any ideas?

Spyder Garage

Watch what you are doing with your feet. If you are even slightly riding the brake, it will cause issues.

There is a menu item for choosing whether to display Radio. It may be set to disabled.
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Spyder Garage

Default The key walk...

taking the key out and walking away will clear the computer. If it is a foot on brake or other glitch it will clear them to storage for techs to see at service. Double check your brake fluid and brake switches in case your low ( even a touch) or switch problem....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood58 View Post
    Watch what you are doing with your feet. If you are even slightly riding the brake, it will cause issues.

There is a menu item for choosing whether to display Radio. It may be set to disabled.
    I can't find the page with the menu items either. I'll get my book out. Thanks

Registered Users ursamajor35126's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JacqueTanis View Post
    I'll get my book out. Thanks
    2014 RT Ltd Black Currant, Bump Skid, TricLed 3rd, 4th and 5th Brake Light with Modulator, TricLed Safety Bundle Led's and Reflectors with flasher option, TricLed Vader lights, JT's dash mount and USB outlet. Baker Wings belt tensioner and Drivers cup holder. Lamonster's FFP highway pegs and IPS, BRP Trailer hitch with Bushtec pin and 2007 Bushtec Roadster GT trailer. Volt Meter. Baja Ron Sway Bar. Doc Humphry's spring spacers

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
    LoL, I just had both knees replaced .... I'm blaming the drugs

Spyder Garage

Dont know about the mode button but the brake failure!! I had the exact same thing and just fixed it. Brake fluid was low in the resevoir. It did not appear low, but I added just a little bit of DOT4 brake fluid and no more brake failure warning.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 900Dave View Post
    Dont know about the mode button but the brake failure!! I had the exact same thing and just fixed it. Brake fluid was low in the resevoir. It did not appear low, but I added just a little bit of DOT4 brake fluid and no more brake failure warning.
    I will check the brake fluid for sure ... thanks

Spyder Garage

Yep Brake Fluid... on my '09 if the fluid is just is shy at all BOOM display lights up like a xmas tree.
    Open up your Mind and let your Fantasies Unwind!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor35126 View Post
    Got my book out, it says how to turn the radio on but when we follow the instructions nothing changes. We checked the fuse, it's fine. We're going to take it in and have it checked out when we can get to our service (2 hours away). The service writer says if he can fix it they won't charge me but if it has to go back to a technician we'll have to pay. It'll be 3 weeks before we can get there ... maybe someone can come up with a good idea between now and then