Spyder Garage

Default Laser Alignment Done

Finally had my front end laser aligned after three months and 2300 miles. We rode up to RideNow Powersports in Peoria, AZ as they were the only dealer in AZ with the ROLO equipment. First off, kudos to RideNow. The tech seemed to know his stuff and I am happy with the results. While it didn't seem too bad before the alignment I can tell the difference. I had no abnormal tire wear either so it wasn't too far out of whack. However, I have a question. The tech indicated that one tire was 1/2" out and the other 3/8". Unfortunately I didn't think the ask what that equated to in degrees. Is that considered bad? He seemed to think it wasn't bad but I have no point of reference. So I'm wondering what you more experienced Spyder owners think. And for those who would ask why I used a dealer instead of someone like Squared Away, I couldn't get the time to drive from Tucson to Las Vegas to get it done.

2014 RT-S SE6 (Rider backrest, BajaRon sway bar & Lamonster links)
    "Black Betty"

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting..!!

From most of what I have seen they always mention it in inches. Guess there is a formula if you have the distances... I'm just glad its straigh...
    Last edited by Chupaca; 04-19-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Your bike not far off my guess.........

....Last year at Spyderfest, my daughter had her 2011 RT-L aligned. The fellow took one look and said "OMG" and had everyone come over to see just how far her bike was out of alignment. She said bike was a different animal when she got it back.

All three of us are planning to have our bike alignments done at Spyderfest.

I know - off topic and did not answer question - just wanted to comment just how helpful this alignment is.

Don (2014 RT-S)
    Bob (2014 RT-L)
    Laura (2011 RT-L)
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I hope to get my spyder aligned at SpyderFest also.. I am arriving wed at noon.. and its the 1st thing on my "to do" list..

osm

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default alignments

I just had mine done by hk power sports in Hooksett nh drive up from home was dodgy on the highway
    After ..ride was much better handling was much improved ...very happy with results

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MyEleanor View Post
    The tech indicated that one tire was 1/2" out and the other 3/8". Unfortunately I didn't think the ask what that equated to in degrees. Is that considered bad?
    That is not as bad as some have been, the main thing is that now you should be spot on, making it easier to ride your Spyder.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=MyEleanor;963932]Finally had my front end laser aligned after three months and 2300 miles. We rode up to RideNow Powersports in Peoria, AZ as they were the only dealer in AZ with the ROLO equipment. First off, kudos to RideNow. The tech seemed to know his stuff and I am happy with the results. While it didn't seem too bad before the alignment I can tell the difference. I had no abnormal tire wear either so it wasn't too far out of whack. However, I have a question. The tech indicated that one tire was 1/2" out and the other 3/8". Unfortunately I didn't think the ask what that equated to in degrees. Is that considered bad? He seemed to think it wasn't bad but I have no point of reference. So I'm wondering what you more experienced Spyder owners think.

when I was at laser headquarters bikeweek mikes targets have a small inch scales on them I think that is why the techs would say out a 1/2" or whatever... the scales tell you the amount of inches the Spyder is in or out so it isn't degrees it is inches per the scale hope that makes sense

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MyEleanor View Post
    Finally had my front end laser aligned after three months and 2300 miles. We rode up to RideNow Powersports in Peoria, AZ as they were the only dealer in AZ with the ROLO equipment. First off, kudos to RideNow. The tech seemed to know his stuff and I am happy with the results. While it didn't seem too bad before the alignment I can tell the difference. I had no abnormal tire wear either so it wasn't too far out of whack. However, I have a question. The tech indicated that one tire was 1/2" out and the other 3/8". Unfortunately I didn't think the ask what that equated to in degrees. Is that considered bad? He seemed to think it wasn't bad but I have no point of reference. So I'm wondering what you more experienced Spyder owners think. And for those who would ask why I used a dealer instead of someone like Squared Away, I couldn't get the time to drive from Tucson to Las Vegas to get it done.
    I'm glad you were finally able to get yours done, even if we didn't get to do it for you. Did the tech tell you if one side was toed out and the other toed in? That is most likely the scenario and is typically what we see.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Ann, the tech didn't say and I didn't think to ask. I would think if one was in and the other out, wouldn't the Spyder tend to pull in that direction? In my case, I never noticed a pull in either direction. Mainly it just felt a little twitchy for lack of a better term. Or more accurately, it seemed like it would hunt for the right line if that makes sense. In any case, it feels better now and is tracking well.

2014 RT-S SE6 (Rider backrest, BajaRon sway bar & Lamonster links)
    "Black Betty"