Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got her today.

Spyder Garage

Default Got her today.

I ordered my F3-S way back in January. Crate showed up last Friday. The dealer called and told me the fog lights are on back order but they have everything else. He wanted to know if I wanted to wait for the fog lights or have them assemble it now and bring it back later for the lights. I thought he was kidding. Build my bike damn-it!

So, today I got my F3 (sans fog lights) and went for an 80 mile joy ride. It was difficult saying goodbye to my 2010 RSS... but wow, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am in love again.

I also added the removable saddle bags to the deal. I need beer transport space.

Coming soon will be the Tricled front and rear fender leds.

Pics will follow.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the PARTY!!! You won't regret it!! Have had mine since Feb, had a BLAST on it today after installing the Spyderpops Bumpskid. Foglights were waiting for me on the porch (Fed Ex delivery) when I returned. Theyhad been on back order since January also. ENJOY!!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

It looks like you know the secret... Pearl White has always been the fastest color.

Spyder Garage

Default What..!!

I know you could not wait but.....congrats enjoy the ryde the miles the smiles all over again...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

2015 F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    12V Power Outlet
    Battery Tender Pigtail
    Blue Ridge Windshield

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations!

I loved riding my other Spyders too, but like you, the F3 has totally revitalized my riding.

to our continued enjoyment!

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your new ride... Ride safe!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats! I originally went into the dealer expecting to buy a used cruiser but fell in love with the F3. So going save a lil bit more. What did you pay out the door for yours? Anyone get any deals?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice ryde

Spyder Garage

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    I ordered my F3-S way back in January. Crate showed up last Friday. The dealer called and told me the fog lights are on back order but they have everything else. He wanted to know if I wanted to wait for the fog lights or have them assemble it now and bring it back later for the lights. I thought he was kidding. Build my bike damn-it!

So, today I got my F3 (sans fog lights) and went for an 80 mile joy ride. It was difficult saying goodbye to my 2010 RSS... but wow, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am in love again.

I also added the removable saddle bags to the deal. I need beer transport space.

Coming soon will be the Tricled front and rear fender leds.

Pics will follow.

Tricled, the last time I checked, only offered fender LEDs for the F3 and not the F3-S. Do they have then ready for the F3-S???

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post

Tricled, the last time I checked, only offered fender LEDs for the F3 and not the F3-S. Do they have then ready for the F3-S???
    I'll check again but I am pretty certain the F3 and the F3-S share identical fenders. Heading out for some wind but I'll look up the part numbers when I get home.

Spyder Garage

on your new ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll check again but I am pretty certain the F3 and the F3-S share identical fenders. Heading out for some wind but I'll look up the part numbers when I get home.

Unfortunately different fenders - pretty sure LEDs only for F3. F3-S fenders are cut on a slant, where F3 is straight across - like my 08' RS. Which is why their previous model LEDs work for F3.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately different fenders - pretty sure LEDs only for F3. F3-S fenders are cut on a slant, where F3 is straight across - like my 08' RS. Which is why their previous model LEDs work for F3.
    I'll talk to Adam at my dealer and see what he says, but looking at the pictures, the reflectors are the same size and shape. Even if the fender itself is different, as long as the reflector LED replacement is the same size and shape of the OEM, it should work. I just walked back out and looked... my reflectors look exactly like the ones on the tricled site.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I know you could not wait but.....congrats enjoy the ryde the miles the smiles all over again...

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I'll talk to Adam at my dealer and see what he says, but looking at the pictures, the reflectors are the same size and shape. Even if the fender itself is different, as long as the reflector LED replacement is the same size and shape of the OEM, it should work. I just walked back out and looked... my reflectors look exactly like the ones on the tricled site.

The F3-S has the same fenders as the top trim lines for the other models with the exoskeleton fender reflectors and LED front light. The light kit for the other models with that fender will work on the F3-S. I've installed the Custom Dynamics LED fender Brightsides. Tricled has a similar kit. Today, I installed the Custom Dynamics fender TIPS kit, which turns the fender lights into turn signals, as well as running lights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    The F3-S has the same fenders as the top trim lines for the other models with the exoskeleton fender reflectors and LED front light. The light kit for the other models with that fender will work on the F3-S. I've installed the Custom Dynamics LED fender Brightsides. Tricled has a similar kit. Today, I installed the Custom Dynamics fender TIPS kit, which turns the fender lights into turn signals, as well as running lights.

That is great news - I'll give him another try - I emailed him because on his website he lists the F3 and not F3-S - his response is that he is working on one for the F3-S - maybe it is connector difference - I don't know??

Is below what you installed on your F3-S? Is it plug and play or did you use something like posi-taps?

on his website he lists " Custom Dynamics® Amber BRIGHTSIDES™
    Fits: 2008-2015 RS Models, 2008-2012 RS-S Models, 2010-2015 RT, 2010-2012 RT-S, 2013-2015 ST, 2015 F3"

Last edited by BeRight; 04-19-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

Default Fog Lights

Anyone know long it takes for dealer to install the fog lights. Accessories catalog states "install in minutes"?
    Last edited by stebrock; 04-19-2015 at 09:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

That is great news - I'll give him another try - I emailed him because on his website he lists the F3 and not F3-S - his response is that he is working on one for the F3-S - maybe it is connector difference - I don't know??

Is below what you installed on your F3-S? Is it plug and play or did you use something like posi-taps?

on his website he lists " Custom Dynamics[emoji768] Amber BRIGHTSIDES[emoji769]
    Fits: 2008-2015 RS Models, 2008-2012 RS-S Models, 2010-2015 RT, 2010-2012 RT-S, 2013-2015 ST, 2015 F3"

I suspect both vendors wanted to verify that the fenders were the same before they updated their websites to include the F3-S for the new fender style lights. I installed both the new style Amber Brightsides and long red Brightsides. When I ordered them a couple months ago, the website really didn't mention the F3-S, but someone else on the forum had installed them, so I knew they would work. Both come with posi-taps to tap into the front fender LED power. The fender TIPS kit comes with plug and play harness connectors, plus a posi-tap to tie into the power line going to the turn signal in the mirror.

- Carl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Anyone know long it takes for dealer to install the fog lights. Accessories catalog states "install in minutes"?
    With the right tool and some experience, it probably is a pretty quick install. I think the install instructions say it's about an hour. Not sure what the dealers quote, though. It took me closer to three hours because I had neither the right tool or experience!

- Carl

Spyder Garage

on his website he lists " Custom Dynamics[emoji768] Amber BRIGHTSIDES[emoji769]

By the way, the reflectors on each side of the rear fender are the same as those that go on the saddlebags on the RT. The red RT Brightsides for the saddlebags work on the F3 rear fender. You will have to drill a hole in the fender underneath the Brightside to run the wiring to the license plate light. Other than that, it's a pretty straight-forward install.

- Carl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    I suspect both vendors wanted to verify that the fenders were the same before they updated their websites to include the F3-S for the new fender style lights. I installed both the new style Amber Brightsides and long red Brightsides. When I ordered them a couple months ago, the website really didn't mention the F3-S, but someone else on the forum had installed them, so I knew they would work. Both come with posi-taps to tap into the front fender LED power. The fender TIPS kit comes with plug and play harness connectors, plus a posi-tap to tie into the power line going to the turn signal in the mirror.

Thank you for the update - greatly appreciated.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod