Thread: Oregon dealers

Spyder Garage

Default Oregon dealers

Hello everyone,
    In the process of purchasing 2014/15 RT and was wondering if anyone had a dealer recommendation for the wonderful state of Oregon. Thanks for your help.
    pete

Spyder Garage

I live in the Tri_Cities, WA and met a guy and wife with a 2014 and he trailers it to Portland because he thinks our dealer is a zero. I didn't ask as I assume that there is only one in Portland.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Cool

There is one in Portland, I know nothing about (I would email them and ask how long they have been selling and servicing Spyders).

There have been some positive comments on here and elsewhere about the Dealer in Eugene.

I bought mine from the Dealer on Hwy 22 at the Sublimity-Stayton exit (12 miles East of Salem). They have only been into Spyders for a year. The sales kid could not answer all my questions but I think I got a good deal ! Their inventory is on line and they have some 14's left. My concern next will be the experience level of their maintenance personnel.

There is also a Dealer in Bend...if it is the same one...they have been there atleast 5 years.

The sale is first and then their is maintenance. So experience and longevity with Spyders could be an important factor to consider.

I hope this helps, you can get dealer contact info. from the CanAm Spyder web site.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Default my experience

I purchased my RTS at the Sublimity dealer and it turned out to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had while buying a vehicle. They are new to Spyders but the salesman was uninformed, parts and service gave invalid information and management was also uninformed. Bought my Spyder in August of 2014 and to this day have never heard form the dealership again. That said I have not dealt with the Portland dealer in any way except to go into the store a couple times. Found the people to be very unconcerned about your needs.

All that being said I would highly suggest visiting the dealership in Vancouver,WA. I do not know much about the sales part but they probably have the best tech in the industry. His knowledge about the Spyder is the best you will find. His name is Shawn Smoak and he is wonderful. The address for the dealership is: Pro Caliber Motorsports 10703 NE Plain Rd. Vancouver,WA. Also Shawn has a web site that is well worth looking at. Lots of fun. www. shawnsmoak.com

lnm

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lmadsen View Post
    I purchased my RTS at the Sublimity dealer and it turned out to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had while buying a vehicle. They are new to Spyders but the salesman was uninformed, parts and service gave invalid information and management was also uninformed. Bought my Spyder in August of 2014 and to this day have never heard form the dealership again. That said I have not dealt with the Portland dealer in any way except to go into the store a couple times. Found the people to be very unconcerned about your needs.

All that being said I would highly suggest visiting the dealership in Vancouver,WA. I do not know much about the sales part but they probably have the best tech in the industry. His knowledge about the Spyder is the best you will find. His name is Shawn Smoak and he is wonderful. The address for the dealership is: Pro Caliber Motorsports 10703 NE Plain Rd. Vancouver,WA. Also Shawn has a web site that is well worth looking at. Lots of fun. www. shawnsmoak.com

lnm
    I will check out Shawn's site. Thanks ! I received a survey from BRP and gave mixed reviews on the Sublimity Dealership. They have a lot going for them; big dealer, lots of inventory, clean, good presentation. But; waited 45 minutes, never was greeted (they knew I was coming out to seriously buy a specific Spyder they had), only one salesman on duty while other staff dinked around, salesman had to also prep the vehicle for delivery....it was far from clean, I was given some incorrect info on shifting, could not answer some questions I had, did not go thru the vehicle with me, did not explain warranty and I have no written proof I have a warranty or the additional 12 months (he said BRP would mail it to me), the final paper work took too long also. I knew what I wanted, went in and paid cash for it...so my purchase was easy on their end. I also did not receive a followup call...like, "just wanted to make sure you made it home ok...do you have any questions ?" It will be interesting to see if I hear back from the survey.

My biggest concern will be finding an experienced tech....without driving 75 miles to find one.

Hopefully the comments here will assist others.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I won't take my Spyder anywhere but to Shawn. He is truly at the top of the service pile. I rode 85 miles when Pro Caliber was in Longview, Wa. just to have Shawn change my oil. I don't think there is nothing about the Spyder he doesn't know. A true gentleman.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    sealcreativeconcepts.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    I won't take my Spyder anywhere but to Shawn. He is truly at the top of the service pile. I rode 85 miles when Pro Caliber was in Longview, Wa. just to have Shawn change my oil. I don't think there is nothing about the Spyder he doesn't know. A true gentleman.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    sealcreativeconcepts.com
    Thank you. I appreciate the help. And yes, service is perhaps the most important factor in purchasing.
    pete

Spyder Garage

Same for me. Shawn at pro caliber vancover ,Wa is the only place to buy and get great work down. Just go and get it their .great people for shure.

Spyder Garage

Default Oregon Dealer

Shawn at ProCaliber Vancouver and the sales department is the best . we travel all the way from Lebanon and it is worth the piece of mind.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant