Spyder Garage

Default Scala Rider Teamset Pro

I finally got the 30 pin adapter do make my 2012 RT-S work with my iPhone 6, and decided to go ahead and pair it to the Scala teammates pro while I was at it. Siri works great, phone calls work great, but when I have Siri get directions, the turn by turn instructions play through the RT-S speakers. These instructions can be difficult to hear with my helmet all buttoned up.

Is anybody aware of a setting I could use to send the Turn By Turn through Bluetooth, so I can hear it in my helmet?
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited
    2020 Ryker Rally.

Spyder Garage

You will also find music will play through the speakers from your iPhone and not your headset as well.

This is because when you paired your phone to your headset you paired it as a phone NOT a music/media device.
    Thus when the phone is connected to the USB cable, music and other audio are routed to that and not to the headset. If you unplug the cable to the Spyder it will then change and default to all sound coming out your headsets.

Now I cannot speak to the Scala but with Sena headsets you can bind to your phone twice. Once as a phone and another as a media device. Now all audio will go to the headset. So investigate if that is possible with Scala.
    But in the end this defeats the purpose of the cable to the Spyder and to then have it return to having it come out your speakers, you have to unbind the media device to your headsets.

Bottom line you cannot have it both ways. Rather than unbind, I would just unplug the cable to the Spyder.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

FYI, if you were to get the Sena SM10 and BT dongle cable, then you can have what you want.

All sound be it from the phone or through the Spyder's radio system will go to the headset.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black